Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I won't be saying I hope Talisman joins eventually. I'm not interested in AF playing bad guys because humans. If it gets a good review on here I may get it out of simple curiosity.

And what will Canada do when mutants powers awaken in teenagers ?
    At least Russia wants to use them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    And what will Canada do when mutants powers awaken in teenagers ?
    At least Russia wants to use them.
    Well Moira's cure could still be part of Orchis' longterm plans. Inferno clarified that it wasn't meant to just get rid of powers in existing mutants, it was meant to eliminate the possibility of the X-gene showing up among human births going forward. So Orchis may be trying to get all existing mutants off of Earth and then disperse Moira's cure throughout Earth which would eliminate every trace of the X-gene among Earth's existing populations, so at that point the only way for the X-gene to be passed down and manifest would be via births among the existing mutant population on Krakoa/Arakko. And presumably part of kicking mutants off the planet would likely be with the intent of keeping the mutant population from re-introducing the X-gene into Earth's populations.

Just a theory though.

Mighty Member

I find the choice of mutants going to Arakko and NOT Krakoa interesting. An accidental slip?

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Sounds like arakko is going to get crowded soon
    The only plus I'm hearing for this setup is that if Arakko becomes the main home for mutants that's even more reason for Ewing to take the lead in the office and relaunch Uncanny X-Men as the flagship.

Hoping we see Flashback Family, Pathway, Goblyn, Windshear, Feedback, Manikin, Persuasion, Corbo bros, Murmur, Ghost Girl, Diamond Lil, Stitch, Wild Child, Jeffries, Smart Alec, Scramble, Auric, Silver.

Seems like there were more mutants on Alpha Flight than non.

I wonder where Marrina stands. Seems like the twins weren't that nice to her but as an alien (mutant alien) it seems that she should be on the side of the mutants.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Hoping we see Flashback Family, Pathway, Goblyn, Windshear, Feedback, Manikin, Persuasion, Corbo bros, Murmur, Ghost Girl, Diamond Lil, Stitch, Wild Child, Jeffries, Smart Alec, Scramble, Auric, Silver.

Seems like there were more mutants on Alpha Flight than non.

I wonder where Marrina stands. Seems like the twins weren't that nice to her but as an alien (mutant alien) it seems that she should be on the side of the mutants.
    I hope not. As it is a mini series, I rather have good focus on these 8 characters, than have a dosen more and no characterizations.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm calling it now, Flex is the deep cut character who joined in the late 90s, which is also part of why Fang's on the team. (Pretty much the only reason anyone would ever bring Adrian back to prominence would be to finally confirm that he's one of Logan's kids, and he and Akihiro are half-brothers).
    Logan keeps geting more and more kids. Why isn't there a wolverine family book yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Logan keeps geting more and more kids. Why isn't there a wolverine family book yet.
    There has to be an arc where they end up fighting the reanimated corpses of all those kids he killed in Jason Aaron's run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    LOL, ironically, this particular abandoned plotline literally predates Laura, Gabby, Akihiro and Jimmy.....back when they were exploring this Adrian would've been the only Snikt kid at the time, and if Alpha Flight hadn't been cancelled when it was, he would've been the first of Logan's kids to be established. Well. Then again, there's always Erista, Logan's son in the Savage Land.....we've known about him for decades even if none of the characters do. So technically he was the first created/established, that info just....hasn't reached Logan or the rest of his family yet, lmao.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It makes little sense for Mac and Puck, both of whom have pushed back against govt overreach before, and utterly out of character for Snowbird, who cares *nothing* for mortal government, or Shaman, who knows darn well how the govt mistreats minorities like his own first nations people, and that it's only a fluke that magical / supernatural / occult / pagan characters like himself and Snowbird haven't been targeted *long* before mutants.

It seems like every appearance of this team in the last decade or so has been to crap all over them. Last time it was Heather and Persuasion that got the villain-turn. Now it's Mac, Puck, Shaman and Snowbird? Bah.
    Havent the Canadian government used Macs child as blackmail before? I could definitely see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Havent the Canadian government used Macs child as blackmail before? I could definitely see that happening.
    it seems to me that yes when the canadian government used a machine to change the personality of people, they used it on the wife of mac, kyle and aurora.
    that wife had their children while she was controlled by the government, but i agree it makes no sense for alpha flight to do that mac has already worked with orchis in S.W.O.R.D and now he is working with them again by obeying the government?
    and I find it very disturbing to see shaman and snowbird participate in this view of their history.

it's always the same tropes of extinction it was already the case with S.O.S and AXE but now I have the impression of having gone back three years when mutants were killed by humans while x- men was blocked in age of x.

Mutant tropes during Extinction Too:

alpha flight: tropes of mutants battling other super heroes during extinction too.

x-men red: mutants who fight each other for no reason during the tropes of extinction.

x-men: mutants under pressure who finally decide to attack their enemies once it's already too late.

iceman and uncanny spider-man: stupid mutants who play superheroes to show that they are "good muties" despite the danger of being attacked by their enemies, generally to save racist humans who will thank them with insults or murder attempts.

Uncanny Avenger: Mutant and human who work together to show the world that mutants and humans shouldn't fight each other, already seen twice during avx and inhuman vs x-men.

realm of x: mutants crashing out of earth trying to get home to save their own during extinction too

Normally x-force is supposed to be the team that kills their enemies mercilessly for revenge but they are written by percy currently busy sending them probably to russia against mikhail...maybe this role will be attributed to dark x-men .

I'm waiting to see for the rest of the comics but yes it's the same tropes that are back during FOX.
    sorry for the double post.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    it's always the same tropes of extinction it was already the case with S.O.S and AXE but now I have the impression of having gone back three years when mutants were killed by humans while x- men was blocked in age of x.

Mutant tropes during Extinction Too:

alpha flight: tropes of mutants battling other super heroes during extinction too.

x-men red: mutants who fight each other for no reason during the tropes of extinction.

x-men: mutants under pressure who finally decide to attack their enemies once it's already too late.

iceman and uncanny spider-man: stupid mutants who play superheroes to show that they are "good muties" despite the danger of being attacked by their enemies, generally to save racist humans who will thank them with insults or murder attempts.

Uncanny Avenger: Mutant and human who work together to show the world that mutants and humans shouldn't fight each other, already seen twice during avx and inhuman vs x-men.

realm of x: mutants crashing out of earth trying to get home to save their own during extinction too

Normally x-force is supposed to be the team that kills their enemies mercilessly for revenge but they are written by percy currently busy sending them probably to russia against mikhail...maybe this role will be attributed to dark x-men .

I'm waiting to see for the rest of the comics but yes it's the same tropes that are back during FOX.
    sorry for the double post.
    "iceman and uncanny spider-man: stupid mutants who play superheroes to show that they are "good muties" despite the danger of being attacked by their enemies, generally to save racist humans who will thank them with insults or murder attempts."
    You must really hate X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm calling it now, Flex is the deep cut character who joined in the late 90s, which is also part of why Fang's on the team. (Pretty much the only reason anyone would ever bring Adrian back to prominence would be to finally confirm that he's one of Logan's kids, and he and Akihiro are half-brothers).
    I'd love to see Flex again, along with Murmur and Radius. They had so much potential!