Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    "iceman and uncanny spider-man: stupid mutants who play superheroes to show that they are "good muties" despite the danger of being attacked by their enemies, generally to save racist humans who will thank them with insults or murder attempts."
    You must really hate X-books.
    No I love the x-books it's my favorite series with spider-man but on the other hand I hate to see mutants continue to protect and want the approval of people who oppress and kill them again and again I find that absolutely disturbing, especially now that they are a nation and have a planet.

When we see FOX's situation with mutants who don't even have the right to live on earth anymore and hunted down and killed by sentries while they try to live in peace with humans and give them the resurrection protocols because humans cried for them, I don't really want to see the cliche "mutants saving humans who hate and fear them" again.

Mutants have done everything they can to live in peace with humans even go to mars when it's not up to them to make the effort, As Cyclops said "did you honestly think that we were going to sit around forever and just take it ?" I have the impression that yes as far as his two comics are concerned, one of the reasons why iceman and uncanny spider-man interests me the least even if iceman will at least attack orchis.

So yes I don't like to see mutants saving humans who hate them and who applauded their death, for example I don't like to see jean gray saving members of orchids to show them that she is a "good mutant" while we know that they will thank her by killing her at the hellfire gala, I did not like to see firstar let escape members of orchis after discovering that they killed mutants in their tents I find it disturbing, stupid and redundant as if they never understood the lesson after all his years of attempting genocide.

But it's the basis of the x-books.
    "Protecting a world that hate and fear them". Krakoa is just giving them other means to achieve that. They never wanted to overtake the Earth.
    But it's fine if you don't like it eh,
    I got so used to people on here complaining that Krakoa made all the x-men traitors to the dream, which was not true, that I wasn't expecting someone advocating for it XD

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Hoping we see Flashback Family, Pathway, Goblyn, Windshear, Feedback, Manikin, Persuasion, Corbo bros, Murmur, Ghost Girl, Diamond Lil, Stitch, Wild Child, Jeffries, Smart Alec, Scramble, Auric, Silver.

Seems like there were more mutants on Alpha Flight than non.

I wonder where Marrina stands. Seems like the twins weren't that nice to her but as an alien (mutant alien) it seems that she should be on the side of the mutants.
    So you’re hoping to see every other character alpha flight character, but the main characters? It would be kinda hilarious if that happened…

Wow, this is brutal. I feel sorry for the blue bloke with the glasses.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    So you’re hoping to see every other character alpha flight character, but the main characters? It would be kinda hilarious if that happened…
    Perhaps just as cameos. I didn’t mean as to take over the storyline. Some of these characters haven’t been seen in 20+ years.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Oh no, how shocking it is that in an era famous for obscure or minor characters finally getting a chance to shine like Greycrow, Nanny, Nekra, Tempo and more, people are hopeful that characters they always liked but never got a chance to be used much might get the same treatment. LOLOL shame them!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I'd certainly rather read a story about the 'lower decks' of Alpha like Windshear, Flashback, Diamond Lil, Pathway, Smart Alec, etc. than the original team acting horribly out-of-character like racist gestapo villains...

Ever since his resurrection, Mac's gone back to working for the Canadian government time and again. Even when it's blatantly a bad idea. No matter how many times they've stabbed his team in the back. And his being willing to chum up with Gyritch over in SWORD until he (inevitably) went too far doesn't make this much of a stretch in characterization for me. But Puck, Shaman, and Snowbird going along with it? There had better be a damn good explanation. (Spoiler: Since Brisson tweeted something to the effect of this being resolved in the first couple of pages, I'm expecting there won't be.)

I'm willing to give it a chance, but I'm keeping my expectations modest.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Ever since his resurrection, Mac's gone back to working for the Canadian government time and again. Even when it's blatantly a bad idea. No matter how many times they've stabbed his team in the back. And his being willing to chum up with Gyritch over in SWORD until he (inevitably) went too far doesn't make this much of a stretch in characterization for me. But Puck, Shaman, and Snowbird going along with it? There had better be a damn good explanation. (Spoiler: Since Brisson tweeted something to the effect of this being resolved in the first couple of pages, I'm expecting there won't be.)

I'm willing to give it a chance, but I'm keeping my expectations modest.
    I’m hoping it’s something like them being told “you get them out or our military force will”. Maybe that military force is Omega Flight.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Ultimate Member

I’m hoping it’s something like them being told “you get them out or our military force will”. Maybe that military force is Omega Flight.
    If a Great Beast or sorcerer who tapped into the power of the Great Beasts, was on the Omega team, I could see a valid reason for Shaman and Snowbird to be all-too willing to step up and try to keep the Canadian govt from dabbling with those forces.

(A sorcerer / shaman who used invocations based on the Great Beasts, like Dr. Strange's Crimson Bands of Cytorrak or Winds of Watoomb invocations, only 'Tinders of Tolomaq' (summons malign fire projectiles that swerve to hit people and burn things) or 'Knives of Kolomaq' (ice shards raining down on an area, cutting hail!) or 'Corruption of Kariooq' (lichen covers and area, degrading inanimate material, acid-burning living folk, and animating the corpses of those it kills as 'mold zombies'), that could be soooo cool!)

Any guesses on who this new Nemesis is?

I’m going with Marrina.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Ultimate Member

I’m going with Marrina.
    On the one hand, I never really cared much for Nemesis. On the other hand, there's nowhere to go but up!

Hope she's not Marrina, 'though. Marrina was a cool character, and I think I'd rather see her embrace her own schtick (someone with far more right to take on the mantle of leader of Earth's remaining Plodex individuals and technology than that so-called 'Master of the World' loser), rather than hide under the Nemesis identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    On the one hand, I never really cared much for Nemesis. On the other hand, there's nowhere to go but up!

Hope she's not Marrina, 'though. Marrina was a cool character, and I think I'd rather see her embrace her own schtick (someone with far more right to take on the mantle of leader of Earth's remaining Plodex individuals and technology than that so-called 'Master of the World' loser), rather than hide under the Nemesis identity.
    I’m thinking maybe it’s her and she stands with the mutants but for whatever reason is hiding it from Puck.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Ultimate Member

I’m thinking maybe it’s her and she stands with the mutants but for whatever reason is hiding it from Puck.
    That would be a valid reason for whomever is hiding under the mask to be hiding under the mask!

Or A) they are double-crossing the other side (part of Dept H in their day job, sneaking info out to the mutant underground resistance?), or B) they are not 'out' as a mutant and want to avoid the bad publicity (not necessarily for themself, but for their family?) or C) they are a public figure of some sort and don't want to compromise their 'day life' by being associated with the pro-mutant resistance (like a television reporter or legal official like a lawyer or district attorney?).

I’m going with Marrina.
    Any chance it's Heather?