Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Remember we have the unreliable narrator and he's a kid as well. So some of the things told could be not true or made up. Kids will lie to adults
    I thought the unreliable narrator was Madame Monstrosity? But, I guess Bailey could be one as well.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I thought the unreliable narrator was Madame Monstrosity? But, I guess Bailey could be one as well.
    Was there confirmation that she was or was it just speculation? We've only gotten a panel from her and a whole issue explaining his origin. Which is easier to believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Was there confirmation that she was or was it just speculation? We've only gotten a panel from her and a whole issue explaining his origin. Which is easier to believe?
    I thought it had been confirmed but perhaps I was mistaken.

Bailey, I suppose.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Because Otto would have been a way bigger jerk.

"Bah! Insolent child! I, the Superior Spider-Man, do not NEED a sidekick!"
    The Peter in the past also isn't currently the Peter in the 616.

Technically the original Peter of the 616 died when Otto took him over.

He's "back" but he's not technically the same Peter. Although we treat him that way.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Not gonna lie I was expecting them to rope Dr Stasis into his origin
    the mr.sinister clone from x-men? why would he mess with Spider-man?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    The Peter in the past also isn't currently the Peter in the 616.

Technically the original Peter of the 616 died when Otto took him over.

He's "back" but he's not technically the same Peter. Although we treat him that way.
    I thought the flashback scenes were set during Brand New Day, when Peter was still alive.

Mighty Member

Both may be somewhat unreliable narrators, Madame Monstrosity seems to be claiming credit for work she has not done.

Bailey clearly has secrets, his parents are still a mystery, and unlike the other heroes who were erased; Spider-Woman, Kaine, etc... they were remembered as soon as they were brought back but everyone still has no memory of Spider-Boy and yet he seems to have all these connection to a lot of Big players in the Marvel universe.

cool variant by Kaare Andrews
    Last edited by Jman27; 08-21-2023 at 07:28 PM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post

cool variant by Kaare Andrews
    I got the virgin but now I want the trade, great cover

Nice touch with the signature there, which says 91 instead of 23. Though the corner box is mismatched, as it was replaced by the familiar 90s Marvel Comics logo with the February 1990 dated issues - the signature should've said 89.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-23-2023 at 06:16 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

I'm late to the party, but I've recently read DC's Stargirl: Lost Children mini (I didn't read it earlier, because Geoff Johns and "Lost Children" seemed to Grimdark, but I was way wrong), and Geoff Johns is doing the same thing as Spider-Boy. He's created a bunch of new sidekicks and is saying that they've been forgotten by history. There seems to be little to no buzz over them, especially compared to Spider-Boy's appearances going to multiple printings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    I'm late to the party, but I've recently read DC's Stargirl: Lost Children mini (I didn't read it earlier, because Geoff Johns and "Lost Children" seemed to Grimdark, but I was way wrong), and Geoff Johns is doing the same thing as Spider-Boy. He's created a bunch of new sidekicks and is saying that they've been forgotten by history. There seems to be little to no buzz over them, especially compared to Spider-Boy's appearances going to multiple printings.
    Nobody has confidence in Johns now. JSA, which Stargirl was a tie-in to, keeps getting delayed. It's meant to be a monthly comic but has been only every two months so far, five issues in.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

cute Spider-Boy #1 cover by Matthew Waite

Dig the 8-bit. I bet that one will sell well.

Friendly Neighborhood Guy MrParkersSubstitute's Avatar

I’ve been really enjoying Spider-Boy/Bailey’s appearances so far, and I’m looking forward to his series coming in November.

‪‪For me Spider-Man 11 made the case for his being Peter’s sidekick, and along with his introduction at the end of End of Spider-Verse, his creation has been a great use of the unique storytelling mechanisms of superhero comics to retcon a character into the recent history of one of the most important characters in Marvel, the greater world of superheroes, and pop culture in general.