Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I think I have lost count of all the variants for that first issue:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Incredible Member

There's 1 main cover and six variant covers available to retailers:

The Aja variant, Luciano Vecchio variant, Kaare Andrews variant, Tyler Christopher variant, Chris Campana variant, and Skottie Young variant.

6 variant covers is fairly standard for a new Marvel #1 issue.

So what are these additional variants?

These are retailer variants. These are not variants that Marvel generated or commissioned.
    These are variants that RETAILERS have approached Marvel to do for the issue, variants that can only be bought at their stores and their virtual storefronts.
    Each one of the retailer variants is a shop or chain casting THEIR vote of confidence in this series.
    THEY want to have their own special cover specifically for this book.

That's pretty cool.

So when you see variants beyond those 6 Marvel offerings, each one of those comes from people running the brick-and-mortar side of the industry. They're using their knowledge of the marketplace, their instincts of what their customers want, and their years of experience... and they're saying, "We believe in this book."

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Damn. This last one is truly amazing. I wish I could buy them all.

I think I am having deja vu with this one, I could have sworn this one was already shown off at some point.

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    There's 1 main cover and six variant covers available to retailers:

The Aja variant, Luciano Vecchio variant, Kaare Andrews variant, Tyler Christopher variant, Chris Campana variant, and Skottie Young variant.

6 variant covers is fairly standard for a new Marvel #1 issue.

So what are these additional variants?

These are retailer variants. These are not variants that Marvel generated or commissioned.
    These are variants that RETAILERS have approached Marvel to do for the issue, variants that can only be bought at their stores and their virtual storefronts.
    Each one of the retailer variants is a shop or chain casting THEIR vote of confidence in this series.
    THEY want to have their own special cover specifically for this book.

That's pretty cool.

So when you see variants beyond those 6 Marvel offerings, each one of those comes from people running the brick-and-mortar side of the industry. They're using their knowledge of the marketplace, their instincts of what their customers want, and their years of experience... and they're saying, "We believe in this book."
    Hi Dan, any idea when we are getting a blank cover? I'd love to get some Spider-boy Remarques.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by betaraybob View Post
    Hi Dan, any idea when we are getting a blank cover? I'd love to get some Spider-boy Remarques.
    I saw one over on a site listing all the variants. But I honestly don't know if that was a mockup or not.

I saw one over on a site listing all the variants. But I honestly don't know if that was a mockup or not.
    Thanks! I'll keep an eye out, I'm sure we will get one eventually.

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...ariant=6870930

This showed up, crazy after FOC but hopefully it is real. Got to track some down.
    Last edited by betaraybob; 09-29-2023 at 12:44 PM.

SPIDERBOY_GIANG_VARIANT.jpg

New Giang Cover

cute and scary
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

There are tons of times where *I* haven't seen all of (or even most of) the retailer variants. And it's always a fun surprise for me when they pop up on line. Love the Vess tribute there! (I was buying comics off the rack when that original Vess cover came out!)

Okay...that one is pretty bad ass.

Incredible Member

This one has just popped up on my radar. Never seen this retailer variant before!Screen Shot 2023-10-06 at 2.47.11 AM.jpg

Mighty Member

This one has just popped up on my radar. Never seen this retailer variant before!Screen Shot 2023-10-06 at 2.47.11 AM.jpg
    Wow, that one's pretty dope. So many good covers - can't wait to see which one they put on the tpb
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Just ordered! They are live on bird city, thanks for the heads up

Connect a Cover variants for Spider-Boy #1 and ASM #37: