Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Don't think so since Kamala and Laura are on the cover
    Spider-Gwen is also there.

I was shocked how much I actually enjoyed issue 1. Didn't think I would like it, but think I will stick around for an arc or two.

unnamed (7).jpg

Spider-Boy 2 Christmas 8-bit cover. Love that Santa made a cover

I always thought that little backpack was hiding superior type arms, but I guess he goes full spider-monster F-_3EyKa0AA8TB0.jpg

Incredible Member

"(Spider-Boy's) first issue just came out as the highest selling comic of the year for us so far." - C.B. Cebulski

https://www.scifinow.co.uk/exclusive...uing-a-legacy/

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    "(Spider-Boy's) first issue just came out as the highest selling comic of the year for us so far." - C.B. Cebulski

Congrats! This first issue was perfect in every way.

The Spider-Boy Sweep is real baby

thats good news. This just shows to follow your heart
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Congrats! This first issue was perfect in every way.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    The Spider-Boy Sweep is real baby
    Paco, Ty, Erick, Ellie, MR, and everyone on Team Spider-Boy is working hard and doing the best we can for you!

Thank you!

Paco, Ty, Erick, Ellie, MR, and everyone on Team Spider-Boy is working hard and doing the best we can for you!

So awesome, I was new to comic books and found your tweet with the advice to buy Spider-Man #7. Very glad I listened and have loved the character so far!

Thank you!

Already a great addition to the Spider-Man mythos. Congrats!

spider-boy-2023.jpg

Got a commission by Tyrell Cannon

Incredible Member

THANK YOU for making SPIDER-MAN #1 the #1 book in November in both units and dollars.

(And thanks for getting SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1 in the Top 10 too!!!)

Screen Shot 2023-12-08 at 12.09.03 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2023-12-08 at 12.09.28 AM.jpg

Incredible Member

Took some meetings today, and I am very excited about when and where you'll be seeing Spider-Boy next...

...outside of appearances in my books.

On March 1st, 2023, I made a grand total of 3 tweets letting retailers on my feed know that a new character was going to make their debut in SPIDER-MAN #7, that character would be featured on the SPOILER variant, and that was it.

Just a friendly heads up (with a dash of Stan Lee-style hyperbole... as is the Mighty Marvel manner).
    My track record for this is pretty good. I've only done that style of tweet about 3 other times in the past.
    And in each instance, retailers THANKED me for the heads up.
    (For example: You didn't want to be the retailer who was short on copies of ASM #698 when that came out.)

And, again, when SPIDER-MAN #7 came out, retailers THANKED me that I warned them in time before FOC.

When the issue came out, those covers went for (and still go for) huge amounts on eBay.

There were multiple doubters who did multiple YouTube videos about why their followers should NOT buy the book. Those predictions are currently in the "oops" side of history.

Marvel's sales department contacted me and asked if I could make some more tweets like that about other titles.
    And I was like, "Nah." Because I'd much rather retailers know that I only pull out that card when I mean it.

A bit of friendly advice to the people placing orders, a heads up to fans, and a little bit of standard Marvel hyperbole.
    Not one bit of begging, sturm, or drang.

Just

teets.

(Imagine the damage I could do with 6 posts on social media!)

If you picked up that issue-- or ANY of his appearances, thank you Thanks for supporting the entire SPIDER-BOY team. We'll see you later in the month! Unless you missed the first issue. If so, a second printing is coming out Wednesday!
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 12-11-2023 at 05:25 PM.

Incredible Member

Cool

THANK YOU for making SPIDER-MAN #1 the #1 book in November in both units and dollars.

(And thanks for getting SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1 in the Top 10 too!!!)
    If you picked up that issue-- or ANY of his appearances, thank you Thanks for supporting the entire SPIDER-BOY team.
    I've been told that I've never thanked the fans for supporting and buying SPIDER-BOY.
    Which is weird, because these are two different times in this one thread where I've done exactly that. And there are more around the web if you choose to take a look. I am exceedingly grateful to everyone who helps support this book that the entire SPIDER-BOY team is putting out. And I feel the exact same way towards the fans supporting Mark & my SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN book.

We just got the latest issues off to press this past week (the dreaded Double Shipping week-- the most stressful time of the year, because the printers shutdown for the holidays, so everyone has to double up the week before). That said, we are still working:

Paco is deep into the following issue of SPIDER-BOY. Mark has a whole issue of SUPERIOR ready for me to script next week. I've recently talked with the office about things like... a HUGE twist coming up for one of our leads, new villains for SPIDER-BOY, what should be on the SUPERIOR #7 cover... and *when* that cover comes out, because it could spoil a big plot point. (It's really tough to plan covers and solicits knowing that Readers will look at them 3 months ahead of the issue on the racks now.) Timing is everything-- and we want to make sure to keep YOU guessing (and, hopefully) buying.