Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I'm not convinced but maybe there's something to the theory that he's a spider who turn into a boy after coming into contact to Spider-Man 's blood after all.Lol.

I'm glad Dan is making his powers a little different for Peter's and Miles'
    He is a red head? Dude is going to be played by a serious outside the box casting choice if he ever makes it into a movie.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    He is a red head? Dude is going to be played by a serious outside the box casting choice if he ever makes it into a movie.
    If he does ever get adapted, it will probably be in an animated Spider-Verse spin off.

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

This was a cool scene.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

With the fangs, and the extra eyes appearing he's got to be like half spider. I hope his face changes when he "transforms"

PXL_20230721_192920510.jpg

Met Sanford Greene and got a 4x6, very cool guy.

F2dLUJtWwAELFks.jpg

New Spider-Boy 1 Negative Variant

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Looks like he was created by an evil scientist. So there goes the originality

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Looks like he was created by an evil scientist. So there goes the originality
    Hummm... Hello? What do you expected? Around 50% of the comic characters with powers has an origin tied with a freaky accident with dangerous science and/or and psycho-scientist.

Quote Originally Posted by betaraybob View Post
    F2dLUJtWwAELFks.jpg

New Spider-Boy 1 Negative Variant
    cool variant
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Hummm... Hello? What do you expected? Around 50% of the comic characters with powers has an origin tied with a freaky accident with dangerous science and/or and psycho-scientist.
    Right? I bet he's a spider turned into a boy, and when he goes savage/fangs his face kinda morphs back to spider. I dig it

Astonishing Member

Right? I bet he's a spider turned into a boy, and when he goes savage/fangs his face kinda morphs back to spider. I dig it
    Not exactly. For what I heard, he was born human, and a woman named "Madame Monstruosity" used as a test subject for some kind of experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Not exactly. For what I heard, he was born human, and a woman named "Madame Monstruosity" used as a test subject for some kind of experiment.

As long as he somewhat transforms I'll be stoked. The fangs were rad.

Astonishing Member

As long as he somewhat transforms I'll be stoked. The fangs were rad.
    Doesn't Miguel have fangs too?

where is this alleged revelation about Spider Boy's background?

Legally, Marvel should have had a Spider-Boy for decades. Miles could have started out this way, then 'graduated' to being Spider-Man a few years later. I still feel it was a mistake to call that fusion Amalgam character "Spider-Boy" which ostensibly gave DC half-claim over the name. Maybe it's been finally worked out. Maybe. (Or maybe he's legally called "Marvel's Spider-Boy"; notice a lot of the Hasbro toy characters are named "Marvel's..... (fill in the name)"

Mighty Member

I'm pretty sure Marvel (correctly) decided to save Bailey's origin for his new series - the volume 1 tpb being his origin is a good sales idea for an evergreen volume if they think the character has legs. Issues 1-4 should lock in his origin

As to why they put "Marvel's ..." or "Autobot Jazz" on toys is about trademark and IP generally (not a lawyer). There can be a character called Wasp, but it's harder to trademark that specific name because a Transformer that transforms into a wasp, or a woman who shrinks down to the size of a wasp, isn't sufficiently distinct to warrant a trademark. Spider-Boy would be distinct, but the name was previously trademarked by Amalgam and had to fall out of use.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm