Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Spider man 34 and 34

Looks like spider man is back in black and hunting his villains while green goblin is making a comeback

Fantastic Member

Might be that norman gets his sins back most likely; of course I'm under the impression norman might have some contingencies should this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt14teg View Post
    Might be that norman gets his sins back most likely; of course I'm under the impression norman might have some contingencies should this happen.
    From what people have been theorizing, Peter gets infected with Osborn’s sins causing him to hunt down his rogues which lines up pretty well with the fact that Queen Goblin is back and Osborn is feeling the guilt of having killed her. So I’m guessing this is all building towards Osborn taking responsibility and taking his sins back thus bringing back the Green Goblin.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    From what people have been theorizing, Peter gets infected with Osborn’s sins causing him to hunt down his rogues which lines up pretty well with the fact that Queen Goblin is back and Osborn is feeling the guilt of having killed her. So I’m guessing this is all building towards Osborn taking responsibility and taking his sins back thus bringing back the Green Goblin.
    So wait are we about to get some christian allegories for norman becoming Jesus for taking sins and maybe dieing for them. Oh god if they do christian iconography with green goblin, I'm gonna burst out laughing.

Comics having a tendency towards idiot plots, i.e. plots that make perfect sense once you realise that all the characters are idiots, and this run apparently more than most, I suspect Norman hasn't done anything to anticipate that happening.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

So wait are we about to get some christian allegories for norman becoming Jesus for taking sins and maybe dieing for them. Oh god if they do christian iconography with green goblin, I'm gonna burst out laughing.
    Setting a reminder here. I’ll lose it if they do this.

Fantastic Member

So correct me if im wrong wells is writing up to 50 issues & after the sins business we have a 3 issue arc, then the aforementioned gang wars, & Well's supposed final arc. From the looks of it there will be no attempt to touch anything he has done with MJ, unless there's a random side book out to explain that. What will be the finale of his arc if it's gonna be a rise to glory kind of situation?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Looks like spider man is back in black and hunting his villains while green goblin is making a comeback
    Peter going ‘back in black’ ceased being special when it started happening every 2-3 years. Didn’t he just do this in ‘Hunted’? Also, I’m still a bit salty about JMS retconning the costume to represent Peter’s dark side which I’m sure was meant to coincide thematically with Raimi’s Spider-Man 3.

Fantastic Member

Unless wells is weird and wants to try to set up a parkers industries 2.0.?

friend of the helpless Deacon Blues's Avatar

if norman really is going bad again, i'm hoping he's actually been bad for a while, and was hiding it. if you just read the words, norman has been nothing but a kindly old man throughout wells' run, but jrjr always finds a way to make norman's niceness feel fake. so the reveal that norman's been using his sin-free status to his advantage would be such a perfect twist-- the exact thing i'd like to see in a spider-man comic! part of me thinks they won't go for it... but a man can hope.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
    if norman really is going bad again, i'm hoping he's actually been bad for a while, and was hiding it. if you just read the words, norman has been nothing but a kindly old man throughout wells' run, but jrjr always finds a way to make norman's niceness feel fake. so the reveal that norman's been using his sin-free status to his advantage would be such a perfect twist-- the exact thing i'd like to see in a spider-man comic! part of me thinks they won't go for it... but a man can hope.
    Cantwell kind of played off this.

His Norman was wracked with guilt over his past actions but once he realised exactly what Queen Goblin was he very quickly convinced himself that killing her was for the greater good. His go-to was murder and that played out in the book.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Cantwell kind of played off this.

His Norman was wracked with guilt over his past actions but once he realised exactly what Queen Goblin was he very quickly convinced himself that killing her was for the greater good. His go-to was murder and that played out in the book.
    Basically, Norman's still Norman, deep down, he just has the actual capacity to feel guilt and remorse for his actions, something he is extremely uncomfortable with, to say the least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I hope this is wrong. It sounds so terrible to me. I supposed the execution could be good but I have a very bad feeling about this, especially considering what has recently gone on in 616 Spidey comics.....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I hope this is wrong. It sounds so terrible to me. I supposed the execution could be good but I have a very bad feeling about this, especially considering what has recently gone on in 616 Spidey comics.....
    The Gold Goblin series was already filled with Osborn going "it seems I'm the only one who can handle these sins", so at this point it seems a very safe bet he'll just get his stuff back, saying it's for the greater good.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    The Gold Goblin series was already filled with Osborn going "it seems I'm the only one who can handle these sins", so at this point it seems a very safe bet he'll just get his stuff back, saying it's for the greater good.
    It's obvious guys don't you see, Norman is just an allegory for Jesus.