Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Team Titans : what could have been

There was so much potential with the Team Titans, I would have loved to seen how the Zero Hour changed their timeline (besides wiping them from existence) it could have been a great read. My only hope is some one does a reboot of the Teamers
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Astonishing Member

I feel like the Team Titans could work/get rebooted as Jon Kent's team. Starting roster could be:
    Superman( Jon)

Jay Nakamura( he needs a better codename, Gossamer sucks),

Terra (can't have a Team Titans roster without her),

Silver Swan

Lightning(why DC hasn't used her or her sister, I don't know)

Inertia
    Last edited by king81992; 07-01-2023 at 06:06 PM.

Mine would be:

Dr. Light/Kimiyo Hoshi, leader
    Terra II
    Jinx (reformed)
    Harpi
    Jericho
    Red Hood
    Wildebeast (revamped/new version)
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    There was so much potential with the Team Titans, I would have loved to seen how the Zero Hour changed their timeline (besides wiping them from existence) it could have been a great read. My only hope is some one does a reboot of the Teamers
    Team Titans had a very 90s team and characters and while I don't think everything and everyone is salvageable, the premise was interesting and a lot more could be done with the concept. It's such a shame they wasted it completely and never even gave the book a proper conclusion.

Looking back, it's amazing how many then and future superstar artists graced the pages of Team Titans: Kevin Maguire, Terry Dodson, Phil Jiminez, Bryan Hitch... not bad for a mostly-forgotten book.

I always thought that Team Titans should be brought back as an Anthology Book 1 book w 2 or 3 Different Titan Teams (New Titans.Titans L.A. Teen Titans.Titans Task Force.Titans Academy ect and other stories of fellow Titan Members.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    I stan the Team Titans. All of them had interesting looks, personalities, and powers. They also had one of the single most epic stories I have seen across any media. Like, what got into that Writer's Room? It was bananas in the best way.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    I always thought that Team Titans should be brought back as an Anthology Book 1 book w 2 or 3 Different Titan Teams (New Titans.Titans L.A. Teen Titans.Titans Task Force.Titans Academy ect and other stories of fellow Titan Members.
    I think a new Team Titans should be from an alternate earth/timeline with the folowing:
    Mirage
    Roxy (Gen 13)
    Frostbite (DV8)
    Redwing
    Dagon
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Ultimate Member

Dagon and Mirage showed up in the Vampire War elseworlds thing.

Not bad character designs, IMO

Astonishing Member

I recall the book becoming more interesting when Phil Jimenez came on board, and they were doing something with Duela Dent. I think editorial stopped them from moving forward, and the book was cancelled shortly thereafter. I will say that I didn't find the membership very interesting -- with exception of Terra. Years later, we would learn she actually was the original character somehow restored without memory of her past -- only to be killed again later in a rampage by Black Adam.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I thought Team Titans had a mostly interesting group of characters that never quite got their potential realized. Mirage, Redwing and Nightrider could have easily been moved into Titans mainstays. I'm not sure if Terra would have been able to have been redeemed as she was and as close as it was to the original's dying. Deathwing was...something else. (I did think it was interesting they tried to bring him into modern Nightwing adventures.)

I think it would be an interesting concept to retool and use the entirety of the Titans roster to pull characters together for stories. Flamebird, Pantha, Nightrider, Hotspot for one story....Mirage, Red Star, Arsenal, Bunker, Jesse Quick for another....make Team Titans similar to the old satellite era JLof A book...rotating? Maybe.

Honestly, I think Team Titans was a one trick pony that didn't have anywhere to go once they got stuck in our timeline. I mean, you've established all their backstory and all the intresting connections in a timeline that you went ahead and erased, living them sort of aimless here. They didn't have any goals, any endgame other than find the other teams hanging around Earth. And they were awfully 90's, and I mean the excesses, not the good stuff. Titans itself was quite aimless at the time, trying out things to throw at the wall, and see what stuck. IMHO, Team Titans just compounded that. And then, they had no idea what to do with it. Evil Nightwing that was not Nightwing, Battalion, the drill sargent that clearly was a retcon, since he never fit with the established story, Terra and Mirage that were not from the future, the identity of the Leader that looked that it was taken out of a hat, etc... Don't get me wrong. I bought and read the whole series. I thought it had potential. It just was never, IMHO, in any way satisfying.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Honestly, I think Team Titans was a one trick pony that didn't have anywhere to go once they got stuck in our timeline. I mean, you've established all their backstory and all the intresting connections in a timeline that you went ahead and erased, living them sort of aimless here. They didn't have any goals, any endgame other than find the other teams hanging around Earth. And they were awfully 90's, and I mean the excesses, not the good stuff. Titans itself was quite aimless at the time, trying out things to throw at the wall, and see what stuck. IMHO, Team Titans just compounded that. And then, they had no idea what to do with it. Evil Nightwing that was not Nightwing, Battalion, the drill sargent that clearly was a retcon, since he never fit with the established story, Terra and Mirage that were not from the future, the identity of the Leader that looked that it was taken out of a hat, etc... Don't get me wrong. I bought and read the whole series. I thought it had potential. It just was never, IMHO, in any way satisfying.

Peace
    Do agree completely with everything you said. That's why it might have been better to fold some of the characters into the regular Titans book, which I think I remember them trying to do (in a very bad way...something about Mirage pretending to be Starfire comes to mind?) There is potential for some of those characters (we dont need another Terra though...dont we already have several running around?) but I think Mirage could be interesting as well as Nightrider, Killowat and Redwing. However they kind of fall into the same category as Jurgens Teen Titans....maybe combine those two groups with a few of the New 52/Rebirth Teen Titans and see if we can get a decent group together? lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Do agree completely with everything you said. That's why it might have been better to fold some of the characters into the regular Titans book, which I think I remember them trying to do (in a very bad way...something about Mirage pretending to be Starfire comes to mind?) There is potential for some of those characters (we dont need another Terra though...dont we already have several running around?) but I think Mirage could be interesting as well as Nightrider, Killowat and Redwing. However they kind of fall into the same category as Jurgens Teen Titans....maybe combine those two groups with a few of the New 52/Rebirth Teen Titans and see if we can get a decent group together? lol
    Only one Terra is active now, the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Only one Terra is active now, the first one.
    I thought she was dead because that's why Geo-Force went crazy and tried to kill everyone? What happened to Atlee, I thought she was the Terra of the time?

I've been re-reading this series and am at #22, close to the end, and have been having a big problem getting interested in it at this point. Pretty much feel the same about the New Titans, which I'm also re-reading (same month/year as Team Titans). Can't see myself ever revisiting the series but I would probably give a new take a try.