Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Biggest hypocrites you've ever seen?

Going to the city today with my brother and his kids.

I suggested we maybe visit the zoo tomorrow. He disliked the idea, apparently he doesn't like the whole captivity thing. The guy eats meat, keeps chickens in a small coop, lives near an abbatoir, deals drugs and is emotionally abusive towards his wife...

What hypocrites do you know?

Every Evangelical that says they're "pro-life" but wants the death penalty.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ultimate Member

I don't see those two topics as being comparable, given the latter only comes up after someone has done something truly horrible like murder. A new life has millions of possibilities, if abortions were really easy to get starting years ago how many people that are alive now wouldn't be and what greatness would the world have missed out on. Abortion should only be legal to save the mother or in a case of rape or incest and before a firm date in terms of how far along the pregnancy is but I'm not sure on how far that is exactly.
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 07-01-2023 at 10:47 PM.

Mighty Member

so, if evangelicals are hypocrites for supporting the death penalty and opposing abortion would the following be true as well?

people who are pro-choice and oppose the death penalty are hypocrites... regardless of their reasons for opposing the death penalty.

I think a large number of the people in the United States would fall into one of these two categories. almost NONE of them would see themselves as being hypocritical about it.

as for the OP: nobody knows our hypocrisies and double standards better than family, right? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    so, if evangelicals are hypocrites for supporting the death penalty and opposing abortion would the following be true as well?

people who are pro-choice and oppose the death penalty are hypocrites... regardless of their reasons for opposing the death penalty.

I think a large number of the people in the United States would fall into one of these two categories. almost NONE of them would see themselves as being hypocritical about it.

as for the OP: nobody knows our hypocrisies and double standards better than family, right? ;-)
    Of course. But worstblogever only finds one of categories as hypocrites, not the other

You apparently don't understand what it means to be Pro-Choice.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I don't understand this, especially the last part.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't understand this, especially the last part.
    I must admit parts of the thread almost persuaded me to get the dictionary out and double check the meaning of “hypocrite” I thought it was some one pretending to have a particular belief just for the sake of appearing good…not some who has two sincerely held beliefs that might appear to some one else to be logically inconsistent.

A hypocrite might be some one who bangs on about the “evils of sex outside marriage”, but is very happy to do it themselves if confident they can get away with it.

It’s not hypocritical (I think) to sincerely believe a woman has the right to abort in certain circumstances and also sincerely believe the death penalty is wrong. (Though I can understand some people might argue those 2 beliefs are logically inconsistent. The old “if you believe the life of a criminal is sacred you must believe the life of the innocent unborn baby is also sacred” line.)
    Last edited by JackDaw; 07-15-2023 at 01:55 AM.

The thing I don't understand is the "for any reason" part. Many don't have anything to do with life being "sacred". Whatever that means.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The thing I don't understand is the "for any reason" part. Many don't have anything to do with life being "sacred". Whatever that means.
    Purely as an intellectual exercise as I walk into town, I’m going to try to imagine a semi convincing line of thought that might explain that.

Pretty sure I won’t succeed.

Um, explain how that's hypocritical exactly?

I don't understand what does pro-choice have in common with the death penalty. Like, it's totally different things.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I don't understand what does pro-choice have in common with the death penalty. Like, it's totally different things.
    It's crazy because they're actually almost complete opposites lol that poster couldn't have picked a worse example.

One thing I find hypocritical though is when someone is anti-choice (I don't use the term pro-life, because that is BS by itself) and then try to limit any financial help for struggling parents.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

al bundy would always leer at women but then beat up guys hitting on kelly