Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

For me its not just ESPN its Fox sports or whatever else. They have a thousand talk shows that talk about two sports all year long. All day. Its crazy. They spend hours and hours talking about Aaron Rodgers all pre season for months and he plays 3 downs. And is gone. Its all just nonsense.

On Keith's IheartRadio podcasts, he usually has an anecdote about his time at ESPN at least once a week.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I cut my cable in 2003, as a young adult. Mostly out of cost necessity and would catch some ESPN at work or friends homes but even then it wasn't as "must watch in the 2000s".
    When I did see it I wanted sports, not sports with layered in politics of the day. There are other networks for politics IF I even wanted that. Sports was the escape and that was being quickly eroded in the 2010s.

There is no value to watch ESPN now. I still don't have cable but have NOT made ESPN part of my Streamer package.
    As noted by another, I can get scores and some highlights at various places and the screaming heads and politics are a turn off.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Mostly just from my perspective, and this isnt just ESPN its Fox as well. The incessant blabber on those talk shows about the NFL and NBA all day everyday 24/7 is beyond my understanding how anyone can watch that day after day. Those talk shows or whatever you want to call them cover two leagues that's it. They are not sports shows they dont cover sports. They cover two sports.
    Very much ^this^. The screaming bunghole tv slide has been widespread. Supes does hit on something I also see as important: M&A pirates.

When Big $ investors think something they don't understand holds an untapped ROI? Look out! Especially when the results of their ineptitude delivers a disappointing 10Q.

It is for that reason I'm a bit nervous about where streaming is headed