I collected comics for years....and years. I still on occasion score a nice back issue or issues here or there. I make good finds and enjoy it all. What always drove me was attending big and small conventions. Looking for those nice scores on issues and filling in big keys or holes in runs. My long term goal was to have epic runs of classic books and titles.

As the last few years dawned I kinda of grew bored with the scene. Prices and bad storylines drove me from the current collecting of new books. Older books have became harder to collect for. As many price books out of realms of reality at times. Plus a lot of collecting and videos became about how you need to collect for value and nothing else. One video comically had a guy on a CGC kick where he was advising one dude to CGC such minor keys it was gonna cost the one he advised THOUSANDS of dollars.

This isn't a rant on CGC or collecting. I get many want to collect comics for values and CGC for that. But its kinda tiring to see a lot of videos be about this or investing in certain keys. Like the hunt of it all ...or fun isn't there. So maybe its just me feeling that way...I lost interest in watching comic book videos. Again I'm not trashing these collecting value channels , people may love them...I just personally grew bored of them after awhile.

So as I was looking for a "niche" to fill ....I discovered the Game Chasers.

Billy and Jay are 2 guys (with others who help film or in videos) that travel their state and others collecting video games. The videos are often silly and fun. At times the guys score a great find in the wild. They also will come up empty and will have a lot of fun with that. Its a nice series that still is going on and the guys seemingly have fun collecting video games and enjoy it all.

The Game Chasers go back for at least a decade. So if you like video games and 2 goofy funny guys who will not care to fart or laugh about themselves at times....you will enjoy the Game Chasers.

There is also a number of other channels and collectors who have fun collecting. One is Gaming Historian who looks at certain events in video game history and does a nice detailed videos. Metal Jesus Rocks is another one who hunts for games and will show off hidden gems etc. Retro Rick was one I watched early as his $5 video game challenge was one where he'd build a collection off finding games at Goodwills and thrift shops , then selling some on YouTube. Building a collection off the money he'd make off those.

Of course he ended this collection challenge series and started throwing out major money for collections (he bought a massive Nintendo Gamecube collection) and has his own video game store now. Which for me.... ended my personal love of his videos now currently. But his early stuff is worth checking out I feel.

Mr. Wrightway is a collector who has built a great collection. A former veteran , he will hit flea markets , thrift shops and GameStop as shown to find games he wants.

Wrightway is very nice and has replied back to my comments too. Which is great to see really. He comes across as a very cool dude and I love his hidden gems and showing off his collection of certain platforms etc.

So how many do collect ? Do you watch the videos of it ?