Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

How do y'all pronounce St. Croix? Saint CR-OY? Saint CR-OO-AH?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Sahn Cwah.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Sahn Cwah.
    Always thought it was pronounced Saint Croy. >.<
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

I've always pronounced it "crUx"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sahn Cwah.
    Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    I tend to pronounce it Sahn Croy, but I believe H-E-D is right.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I don't remember that. Geez!

Yep! I didn't think of it myself though. Total theft! Which I assume wont get me kicked off this board if I admit it while doing it.

Did anyone have trouble understanding Monet's her origin story? As it was coming out or for those that read it later? Do you feel it makes sense and that they did a good job with it? Happy with the fate of Penance?
    Yeah, he was on a mission and the picture fell out of his pocket. A woman found & gave it back to him, while commenting how pretty Monet was and that he needed to make his feelings known before it was too late.

Could be wrong. But I always think it in my head as Sin Croy. As the first name St. John is pronounced SinJin. Though I knew someone IRL with the last name La Croix who pronounced it La Cwah. But the person descended from black people in the US and probably Louisiana. So such a pronunciation could be different from Monet's ancestors. As Monet's mother was Algerian and her father is half black and half white, and while Cartier lived in Monaco, I don't recall if we ever learned where he was raised. As Louis could be from the US, as he knew Charles a long time. And was friendly to the mutant cause ever since his first wife died in a car crash and showed signs of mutant powers as she died in his arms. And I know that a lot of the plans on Monet changed from the offset. As Lobdell planned on making her just be the twins morphed into one person and have Penance be a completely different person. And I don't know when he mother was established as Algerian, but I assume the mother was intended to be part black early on. As the first glimpses of Cartier were white and he looked totally different in each. And then we got the version we know today and that stuck and somewhere down the line, we learned that her mother was Algerian. If anyone can recall what issue show that, I would love to know. I would love to see Monet bond with her grandfather, as I don't think that ever happened in comics.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I found Monet almost completely unrecognizable as a character in her Sabretooth flirting era, so I could never vote for that.

Honestly, her and Warren have a vibe going. I wouldn't be mad.

I have a feeling Monet might get together with Quicksilver in Uncanny Avengers, actually.
    I must be the only member of this forum who doesn't think that there were vibes between Monet and Angel. It just didn't read to me that way.

But there are stories about Monet that are more important to me than just who she is sleeping with at the moment. The one that I want to read the most involves how Monet and the twins are back to being Penance.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I must be the only member of this forum who doesn't think that there were vibes between Monet and Angel. It just didn't read to me that way.

But there are stories about Monet that are more important to me than just who she is sleeping with at the moment. The one that I want to read the most involves how Monet and the twins are back to being Penance.
    I'm in that boat. Got nothing between her & Angel.

It was heavy with her & Creed, as well as Bunn confirming that's what he intended. Also saying it was more popular than he thought since he still gets questions & comments about the pairing a couple of years back.

But agree, Monet's love life is the least of our worries. So much as her finally getting some good stories to showcase & explore her character. And the problematic Penance form that they need to stop defaulting her in.

this is me

check online the french pronounciation of Saint Croix!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I tend to pronounce it Sahn Croy, but I believe H-E-D is right.
    I actually pronounced it as "San Crah"

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I'm in that boat. Got nothing between her & Angel.

It was heavy with her & Creed, as well as Bunn confirming that's what he intended. Also saying it was more popular than he thought since he still gets questions & comments about the pairing a couple of years back.

But agree, Monet's love life is the least of our worries. So much as her finally getting some good stories to showcase & explore her character. And the problematic Penance form that they need to stop defaulting her in.
    there's been at least one story where someone spotted that Monet was being controlled by the fact she acted flirty. So yeah. Canonically, Monet is one of those girls who doesn't make a habit of "getting around". So it's more sensical to see it as "just friends" with almost everyone.

Fantastic Member

Really liked the dynamic between Sabertooth and Monet.

Ive always found it interesting how little regard Monet has for some of the most dangerous people in the Marvel U. Magneto, Sabertooth, Sebastian Shaw, Doctor Doom.

In terms of love interest, I envision Monet with somemeone powerful, Sunspot, cannonball or maybe Doctor Strange.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post

Ive always found it interesting how little regard Monet has for some of the most dangerous people in the Marvel U. Magneto, Sabertooth, Sebastian Shaw, Doctor Doom.
    Don't forget when she tried to throw down with Saturnyne and then told her, jsyk I want this little job you have so keep my seat warm for me

(edit: she doesn't say this to Saturnyne, I just imagined she did and who could blame me)

Monet is pure GUTS, baby, she's like an anime protagonist we're all rooting for
    Last edited by vbeacon; 07-05-2023 at 01:06 PM.