Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vbeacon View Post

Monet is pure GUTS, baby, she's like an anime protagonist we're all rooting for
    She really is fun to read. Very interesting history. I was really enjoying her friendship Theresa Cassidy.

I was looking for an image of the trading card I have of her but the only one I'm seeing I can't snag. I did find this though:
    75012-5841592Fr.jpg
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    How do y'all pronounce St. Croix? Saint CR-OY? Saint CR-OO-AH?
    Always pronounced it in a french way (sĩn cRoua) even though Monet is not a french name (always pronounced the T too so Monnett Sĩn Croua).

Quote Originally Posted by vbeacon View Post
    Don't forget when she tried to throw down with Saturnyne and then told her, jsyk I want this little job you have so keep my seat warm for me

(edit: she doesn't say this to Saturnyne, I just imagined she did and who could blame me)

Monet is pure GUTS, baby, she's like an anime protagonist we're all rooting for
    I really hoped they would actually do something with that. It seems that Hickman had fun writing her but didn't know what to actually do with her because she didn't fit his big story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    there's been at least one story where someone spotted that Monet was being controlled by the fact she acted flirty. So yeah. Canonically, Monet is one of those girls who doesn't make a habit of "getting around". So it's more sensical to see it as "just friends" with almost everyone.
    I honestly don't remember this story. Did it involve Madrox, Darwin, or Strong Guy. If it doesn't involve any of those three than it kind of implies that Monet is a very flirty character, seeing as all three of those characters happened in David's X-Factor.
    I'm going to guess that it wasn't Jamie Madrox just because much of her anger directed at the Dark Riders was because the Terrigan Mist cloud had killed Jamie.

Just so I can chime in, I'm one of the readers who pronounced Monet's name as Saint Croy. I guess that I need to learn some French pronunciations.

As got pairing her up with someone... I kinda don't see anyone at her level. Strong Guy being super intelligent it could have make sense but PAD's relationships are often kinda creepy. Also I dislike his design.
    Sabretooth could have had some interest it was really toxic though.

Sunspot would be very high power couple but I think they wouldn't enjoy the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I honestly don't remember this story. Did it involve Madrox, Darwin, or Strong Guy. If it doesn't involve any of those three than it kind of implies that Monet is a very flirty character, seeing as all three of those characters happened in David's X-Factor.
    I'm going to guess that it wasn't Jamie Madrox just because much of her anger directed at the Dark Riders was because the Terrigan Mist cloud had killed Jamie.

Just so I can chime in, I'm one of the readers who pronounced Monet's name as Saint Croy. I guess that I need to learn some French pronunciations.
    It was Darwin during PAD's X-Factor investigations run. The force controlling Monet was some nano-tech thing from the future used by Cortex.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 07-06-2023 at 08:17 AM.

I could actually see Monet and Warren being a couple.

Ultimate Member

The French in me always saw it as Moan-Ay Saint Croy. (Like most French words, it seems that the last letter gets dropped, so no 'T' in Monay, no 'X' in St. Croy.) But I have also been totally wrong before. (Most recently with Dr. Strange and his 'Eye of Agamotto,' which I pronounced Agah-Motto, and the movie pronounced Agah-Mo-Toe.)

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    In terms of love interest, I envision Monet with somemeone powerful, Sunspot, cannonball or maybe Doctor Strange.
    Cannonball is married. And he has a young child. Doctor Strange is also married and I'd think they have a pretty large age gap. So, unless said marriages and child are retconned, neither of them can get involved with Monet. But Sunspot could.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The French in me always saw it as Moan-Ay Saint Croy. (Like most French words, it seems that the last letter gets dropped, so no 'T' in Monay, no 'X' in St. Croy.) But I have also been totally wrong before. (Most recently with Dr. Strange and his 'Eye of Agamotto,' which I pronounced Agah-Motto, and the movie pronounced Agah-Mo-Toe.)
    It's funny because I think the t is not supposed to be pronounced (which I discovered vie tha drag queen Monet X Change). But I always thought it was an american name so I alAys pronounce it. Not in Sĩ Crwa though obvi.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Cannonball is married. And he has a young child. Doctor Strange is also married and I'd think they have a pretty large age gap. So, unless said marriages and child are retconned, neither of them can get involved with Monet. But Sunspot could.
    I do the "but they are married" thing too when seeing these kinds of pairings. Then I remember this is fiction and whoever is making the suggestion also may just not care in this instance. lol.

So. What's everyone's favorite Monet costume?
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    I do the "but they are married" thing too when seeing these kinds of pairings. Then I remember this is fiction and whoever is making the suggestion also may just not care in this instance. lol.

So. What's everyone's favorite Monet costume?
    I like her better in civilian clothes to be honest.
    I wonder how the white/black/red stuck

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I dont want it but you act like married people don get involved with other people

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    It's funny because I think the t is not supposed to be pronounced (which I discovered vie tha drag queen Monet X Change). But I always thought it was an american name so I alAys pronounce it. Not in Sĩ Crwa though obvi.
    I'd be amused if there was some sort of Ultimate universe version of Monet who grew up in the inner city or a farm or something and dreamed of being a hot fancy rich Euro-socialite type, and when her mutant power kicked in it reshaped her into the 'perfect' form with 'cool' powers, but she still didn't really grow up rich and French and whatnot, so the new 'sophisticated' name she picked for her made-up rich Euro-royalty persona she pronounces 'Monette Saint Croiks.'

Because she's pretty powerful and nobody wants her getting bitter and switching over to the enemy, they humor her pretensions...