Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    I do the "but they are married" thing too when seeing these kinds of pairings. Then I remember this is fiction and whoever is making the suggestion also may just not care in this instance. lol.

So. What's everyone's favorite Monet costume?
    This one:

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

So. What's everyone's favorite Monet costume?
    None of her uniforms have been anything to write home about, but if I had to pick, this one has good potential.

RCO009.jpg

Use this same costume but with some better colors than just the boring black & white, and it could work. Along with a less ugly character design. Lmao

I recognize this is her least fav. by many. But that goes with my unusual taste. Hell I also hate Creed in fur because it looks ridiculous as Hell but it's considered Iconic.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-06-2023 at 07:38 PM.

Definitely this. No surprise she returned to it this era bc it truly is her best look

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Definitely this. No surprise she returned to it this era bc it truly is her best look
    I also like this outfit quite a bit. But I think her color is red!!! #GenerationX4ever

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This one:
    I also like that one.

There was the maroon one from early in the X-Factor run. I think they changed it because that whole sequence where the colorist made her look like Siryn. :P but that one was pretty nice too
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It was Darwin during PAD's X-Factor investigations run. The force controlling Monet was some nano-tech thing from the future used by Cortex.
    Thank you. I remember the Cortex story and the but I must have forgotten the tech thing being what caused Monet to become involved with Darwin.
    It's been a while since I read the David run on X-Factor where Madrox was leading the team.
    Just to make sure my memory is correct, is Cortex the thing that one of Jamie's dupes brought home with him from the future, or do I have that wrong as well? And was this the same story that brought Shatterstar to the comic as well?

I think most of her costumes are great. I like the first one a lot. And the one she were in the Mayhew painting is awesome.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Thank you. I remember the Cortex story and the but I must have forgotten the tech thing being what caused Monet to become involved with Darwin.
    It's been a while since I read the David run on X-Factor where Madrox was leading the team.
    Just to make sure my memory is correct, is Cortex the thing that one of Jamie's dupes brought home with him from the future, or do I have that wrong as well? And was this the same story that brought Shatterstar to the comic as well?
    One of Madrox's dupes got turned into something called a "Doomlock" and that's what created Cortex.

I genuinely don't remember why Shatterstar came in.

Synch does meet Monet again but it's in Unlimited Infinity Comic #41 which is exclusive to the Marvel Unlimited app.(I swear I've been mixing all these damn unlimited and infinity words up and I'm apologizing for that now. lol) It's a really short read and I think one Gen X member doesn't even make it which is a really weird thing to do to a group that seems to never get much in the way of reunions.
    After finding this story I am even more disappointed. While they do indeed meet up, they do not exchange a single word of dialog. I did notice Ev looking wistfully at M after she swoops in to save the day looking fabulous, though. All the more reason for them to have a proper reunion story.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    After finding this story I am even more disappointed.
    Yeah. This team deserves better. And leaving one member out. Why would you even do that? You have all the power to overcome any obligations these characters have, even if they were on teams and being used, and you don't . . . .use it? Makes me think maybe the writer thought there was going to be a better opportunity and then it ended up not happening?
    : /

It took me a while to find too because I was going off some character summaries that said Gen X did meet up but when I referenced complete reading orders for its members, I could not NOT figure out where it happened. I can't remember if I just wasn't looking at the reading orders right or if they just left it out but I think I ended up finding this using google.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

esdr'.jpg

Monet on Black Panther 8 cover

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    esdr'.jpg

Monet on Black Panther 8 cover
    Intriguing! Will have to keep an eye out for that one. Didn't T'Challa just get into it with a girl with "flying brick" powerset not too long ago.
    ~*Earthbound.

spoilers:
    so. Monet and Pietro. How do we feel about this?
    end of spoilers
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    spoilers:
    so. Monet and Pietro. How do we feel about this?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    With all ships, as long as it's well written and not any kind of weird, I'm pretty much indifferent. There may be things that do infact make it weird that I may just be unaware off or not thinking of at this exact moment. Is he still an inhuman these days or what?
    end of spoilers
    ~*Earthbound.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think most of her costumes are great. I like the first one a lot. And the one she were in the Mayhew painting is awesome.
    Monet is so fine she could rock a burlap sack. It's hard to pick just one costume that stands out as better than any other!

On the one hand, I'd like to see her in a bunch of fab Gala gowns, but it'd be just a case of gilding the lily, IMO. Might want to save those gowns for the X people who *don't* already look glamorous and elegant 24/7.

She somehow managed to make the fairly generic Generation X red suits look iconic and classic, so much that it's easy to recognize as 'her' look, when the entire friggin' class was wearing those things!