Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do not know of any power increase for Ruth. I think she is still at about 50 tons.
    Thanks, that's about where I thought she was. I'm all in favor of Marvel giving her the Wonder Woman treatment, though. They're putting all of their eggs in the Carol Danvers basket right now, but I hope they spread the love around to other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Thanks, that's about where I thought she was. I'm all in favor of Marvel giving her the Wonder Woman treatment, though. They're putting all of their eggs in the Carol Danvers basket right now, but I hope they spread the love around to other characters.
    No problem my friend. I am glad you started this thread.

Power Princess (Zarda) I thought was about 20 tons? but a poster had her at Hyperion levels

Ultragirl: I do not know what is her strength level. Maybe class 50?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

And now that I think about it, I vaguely recall reading somewhere that the original Miss America, Madeline Joyce, was supposed to be written like she was the Marvel version of Superman with her strength being off the charts. Of course, I think they scaled that back quite a bit when OHOTMU was released. Having "the strength of a thousand men" -- assuming that each one of those men were average 180 lbs and could lift their own body weight -- would still be impressive, if not top 5.
    True. Madeline Joyce--Miss America-- was supposed to have high super-strength being equal to 1000 men--but most times her strength varied greatly. I read that one could say between 5 tons and a max of 50 tons, with the hgher amount being at the beginning of her empowerment.

It seems like her powers waned over time, including her hyper-intelligence and ultra vision. The hyper-intelligence still left her with a clever, deductive detective-type mind, but her vision powers disappeared and seemingly decreased her vision so that she needed eyeglasses even in her superheroine identity. Her flying ability denegrated so that she had to take powerful leaps with a minor gliding ability.

The only thing that seemed to stay the same was her "super vitality" as she called it which allowed her to operate at peak levels for extended periods of time with little to no tiring.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Monolith (from the recent Hulk run) might be up there as well -if- they decide to ever use her again...

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Excellent work on all of that. Somewhere in all of that should fall Ultragirl as well I would think.
    Hmmm Suzy can rip the head of a Sentinel, so... a lot. Oh also she could fight evenly with Tarene when Thor Girl was in a bad mood.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 07-06-2023 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmm Suzy can rip the head of a Sentinel, so... a lot. Oh also she could fight evenly with Tarene when Thor Girl was in a bad mood.
    Tearing up a Sentinel is pretty tough. Tarene was Cl 25 when she first appeared. I do not know if she has increased since then, but if so, probably no more than Cl 30or 35.

True. Madeline Joyce--Miss America-- was supposed to have high super-strength being equal to 1000 men--but most times her strength varied greatly. I read that one could say between 5 tons and a max of 50 tons, with the hgher amount being at the beginning of her empowerment.

It seems like her powers waned over time, including her hyper-intelligence and ultra vision. The hyper-intelligence still left her with a clever, deductive detective-type mind, but her vision powers disappeared and seemingly decreased her vision so that she needed eyeglasses even in her superheroine identity. Her flying ability denegrated so that she had to take powerful leaps with a minor gliding ability.

The only thing that seemed to stay the same was her "super vitality" as she called it which allowed her to operate at peak levels for extended periods of time with little to no tiring.
    If memory serves, I think Marvel was either threatened with a lawsuit or feared one, so they gradually changed Miss America's powers to be less Superman-like. Jokingly, I blame patriarchal, anti-feminist bent for the reduction of her powers to more or less "run of the mill" levels.

Many of Marvel's fabulous females either start out too powerful and get rolled back next to male counterparts or start out the weakest link and then become too powerful, thus necessitating a rollback. I'd like to focus on the strongest ones for my next dream team fanfic. I need a truly strong woman for my version of the Titans Three.

Extraordinary Member

Lambda-Zero (Earth-616)
    Stardust
    Powers
    Like other heralds, Stardust was granted the almighty and divine "infinite" Power Cosmic by Galactus himself. She was deemed to be a "universal" threat level by the Nova Corps.[8] Her abilities before becoming a herald are unknown.

Superhuman Strength: Stardust possesses vast superhuman strength, as she easily shattered an entire planet when she slammed an asteroid into it.[citation needed]

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Lambda-Zero_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by mace11; 07-07-2023 at 06:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

No problem my friend. I am glad you started this thread.

Power Princess (Zarda) I thought was about 20 tons? but a poster had her at Hyperion levels

This verison is 20 tons.
    Zarda Shelton (Earth-712)
    Superhuman Strength: Zarda possessed superhuman strength that allows her to lift around 20 tons.[9]
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Zarda...on_(Earth-712)

Tsu-Zana (Earth-616)
    Ultragirl
    Superhuman Strength: Ultragirl is superhumanly strong and is capable of lifting at least 50 tons.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Tsu-Zana_(Earth-616)

Extraordinary Member

Tarene (Earth-616)
    —Tarene as Thor Girl[src]
    Designate
    Superhuman Strength: Tarene has vast superhuman strength that enables her to lift appropriately 75 tons.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Tarene_(Earth-616)

Angela
    Superhuman Strength: As an Asgardian Angela possesses an incredible level of superhuman strength, while the average Asgardian goddess can lift (press) around 25 tons Angela is twice as strong, being able to lift around 50 tons.[44] Considering her ability to match an admittedly weary and wounded Thor blow for blow, noting that he had "a slight edge in raw strength."[4]
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Aldri...ir_(Earth-616)

Squirrel Girl
    Superhuman Strength: Squirrel Girl is super-humanly strong and can lift between 800 lbs and 25 tons.[39]
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Doreen_Green_(Earth-616)

Gamora
    Enhanced Strength: Gamora's natural strength has been increased by Thanos, Adam Warlock, the Black Vortex and other factors to the point where her current strength level is around 25 tons.[13]
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Gamor...n_(Earth-7528)

Nebula (Earth-616)
    Superhuman Strength: She possesses the ability to lift weights up to 60 tons.[31]
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Nebula_(Earth-616)

Ayesha (Earth-616)
    Kismet
    Superhuman Strength: The cosmic energy stored in Her's body grants her physical strength that is far superior to that of a human being. Her musculature, connective tissues, and skeletal structure are augmented to far superior levels. At her peak, she possesses sufficient superhuman strength to lift approximately 70 tons.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ayesha_(Earth-616)

Phyla-Vell (Earth-616)
    Super-Humanoid Strength Like her father, Phyla possessed super-humanoid strength greater than the average human or Kree. Due to her Titan background, she was potentially stronger than either race. She was originally able to lift around 5 tons[28] but her current levels of strength are unknown as she was powerful enough to restrain an enraged She-Hulk with her bare hands, break out of a Quantum Energy Construct using purely physical force and trade blows with the cosmic tyrant Annihilus backed by the Quantum Bands while holding her own.[citation needed]
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Phyla-Vell_(Earth-616)

Karima Shapandar (Earth-616)
    Omega Sentinel
    Superhuman Strength: Karima possesses heightened physical strength, the exact limits of which are unknown, it is believed to be around 70 tons of force as is the norm for most Prime Sentinels.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Karim...ar_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by mace11; 07-07-2023 at 07:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Hippolyta (Earth-616)

Superhuman Strength: Like all Olympians, Hippolyta is superhumanly strong. Her strength is much greater than the vast majority of Olympian females, or even Olympian males. Hippolyta used to be of class 50 strength, whereas the typical Olympian male is of class 30. However, her strength was recently vastly enhanced when resurrected by various death gods, and it now considerably exceeds her father, Ares, who is a class 70. Likely placing her close to the class 100 level.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Hippolyta_(Earth-616)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Nomads did(Sabra)... half way up this page.
    Oops... I missed it. I stand humbly corrected

Ultimate Member

Didn't Tarene hold her own against Gladiator for a bit?

No way she in Thing level strength level.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Thanks. Stardust is listed as "agender", which might be a disqualifier here. Then again, if the Ethereal are just beings comprised of energy capable of choosing any form they choose, I could just as easily pen as a woman, I suppose. Have to think about that one.

Another name that comes to mind, now that I think of cosmic types: Star-Dancer. Do we really know the upper limits of her strength? I was under the impression that she gets stronger as she absorbs more and more cosmic energy. I wonder if that translates into practically "incalculable."

Thanks. Stardust is listed as "agender", which might be a disqualifier here. Then again, if the Ethereal are just beings comprised of energy capable of choosing any form they choose, I could just as easily pen as a woman, I suppose. Have to think about that one.

Another name that comes to mind, now that I think of cosmic types: Star-Dancer. Do we really know the upper limits of her strength? I was under the impression that she gets stronger as she absorbs more and more cosmic energy. I wonder if that translates into practically "incalculable."
    I remember the ambiguity around what sex was Stardust for the longest time. Later, I heard both male and female but neither was definitive. I still don't know if Stardust is male or female, lol.

I was likewise thinking of Star-Dancer (in her all silvery costume!) who is a cosmic entity. I believe about 70 tons but she could further augment to Cl 100 with cosmic energy. I did not think you wanted cosmics like Star-Dancer or Her.