View Poll Results: How would you bring back the marriage?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • They remarry.without finding out.

5 11.90%
  • They remarry and find out.

17 40.48%
  • They wake up and it was all a Nightmare.

6 14.29%
  • Reality was altered.

13 30.95%
  • They are clones.

0 0%
  • They are Skrulls.

1 2.38%
  • Kill them off and bring in new versions.

0 0%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Yes! That’s what I’ve been saying here!
    I've had the idea that Marvel should use the bi weekly schedule for ASM and split the two issues into Red and Blue issues. One is the Married timeline and the other is the current one. Keep this going for a while and figure how which one sells best

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    I've had the idea that Marvel should use the bi weekly schedule for ASM and split the two issues into Red and Blue issues. One is the Married timeline and the other is the current one. Keep this going for a while and figure how which one sells best
    This makes too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    I read somewhere it was 616 canon, but in the "pre-OMD" continuity.
    That would make sense, although really weird that they would write a canon marriage story of any kind, given how determined Marvel is to erase it forever. (Guess that would also make it canon for Spider-Girl, RYV, and any other splinter timeline stories.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Implications for other titles mainly. And then there's the question of what's going on in the "present" with the other timeline.
    Naw, don't really see a downside to letting both coexist, with story opportunities for both.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That would make sense, although really weird that they would write a canon marriage story of any kind, given how determined Marvel is to erase it forever. (Guess that would also make it canon for Spider-Girl, RYV, and any other splinter timeline stories.)

Naw, don't really see a downside to letting both coexist, with story opportunities for both.
    Is that a roundabout way of them saying that post OMD is an alternate timeline,like it logically would have to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    Is that a roundabout way of them saying that post OMD is an alternate timeline,like it logically would have to be?
    It literally is, but the implications are that it destroyed/overrode the original one. It didn’t just affect Peter and MJ; it affected all of reality itself, including characters in space, in other dimensions at the time, or those that were currently dead.

Extraordinary Member

I’d prefer it if the idea was the the OMD deal skewed reality afterwards, but that much of what was “supposed” to happen still leaked through in spite of the changes - and that undoing the deal would retroactively peel away the skewed aspects.

Like, I don’t myself care that much about the closet of symbiotes Eddie Brock put on since OMD before getting back Venom, but little of that would have been impacted by whether or not Peter was married; in contrast, Superior Spider-Man would have had a radically different interaction with MJ, which might be worth a mini-series set apart from SpOck’s POV.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I can support that
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Which titles are referenced in other Marvel books?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    I think we kinda need to see it as such, at least in a meta sense; pretty sure that Marvel doesn't want to see it that way (considering they've tried to brand the marriage as an AU concept and all that). I was more thinking that if you preferred MC2 and RYV to the OMD-verse, it sounds like you could slot in Last Hunt as part of the ASM stuff that takes place in all of them, if that makes any sense.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)