Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I am sorry but I just can't bring myself to care. It all feels so very forced.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 07-06-2023 at 09:31 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Fantastic Member

On the one hand, this is stupid as hell. On the other, Mary Jane gets a limited series that hopefully isn’t written by Wells. So there’s a possible bright side

There it is.

Well… I have thoughts.

1. I don’t mind Mary Jane having super powers, but it misses the point that she was one of the best characters WITHOUT them for a very good reason.

2. I really don’t want Wells writing more Mary Jane. It’s been… rough. Maybe he’ll improve but I’m skeptical. Celeste Bronfman might do much better.

3. Not feeling that outfit. Looks pretty bizarre. Mary Jane designed some kickass costumes for Peter before, but this doesn’t feel like “her style” to me. Looks awkward.

4. Hope she has better “luck” than the last Jackpot that Spider-Man worked with.
    Last edited by Garlador; 07-06-2023 at 09:47 AM.

Fantastic Member

I feel like there just aren't enough pages to have compelling civilian stuff and superhero stuff in one issue.

I don't agree with it, but look at how little has been done with MJ and her family during this run and its one of the pillars.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-07-2023 at 06:04 AM.

Spectacular Member

Good god why cant they just f*cking stop. Also why the hell did they reveal it so early like god damn its not out for another month?

Does anyone else think that costume looks like an eyesore? I feel like they were going for a card dealer vibe but the color balance and the yellow and those huge shades just do not work together.

Fantastic Member

So MJ and Peter are gonna "grow close" over superheroing and she'll gain a new understanding for why Peter is a hero and then they will cheat on their respective partners with each other and the drama/fallout from that will be the latest obstacle to them just being together right?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does anyone else think that costume looks like an eyesore? I feel like they were going for a card dealer vibe but the color balance and the yellow and those huge shades just do not work together.
    To me it looked like the design was halfway finished.

Is anyone really invested in MJ becoming a Superhero over her grief over some fake kids? Like that is totally a great reason to go out and fight crime.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Is anyone really invested in MJ becoming a Superhero over her grief over some fake kids? Like that is totally a great reason to go out and fight crime.
    I'm not. She didn't go out and fight crime when she lost Mayday, why would she do the same for some fake kids?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Fantastic Member

Alright its okay; its out there now. Heres some copium but maybe this limited can retcon all the MJ issues with the run. I'm of the mind that they know if this lingers that its gonna throw even harder stink at the team; quite possibly in 31 we get the reveal that MJ/Paul were actually just coparenting. Pushing away peter was just to protect the kids in a weird ooc way.

Finally.

Not that I wanted this, I prefer "normal" supporting characters to remain normal average people, but Marvel has been picking at this scab for years now. What with "Renew Your Vows" Spinneret and the modern depiction of MJ running around beating up supervillains with a baseball bat. (Villains that used to give our "proportionate strength of a spider" lead a difficult time.)

Just get it over with, it'll probably flop (provided they don't put J. Scott Campbell on covers or offer any Artgerm variants) and she'll go back to being normal and this will just be an embarrassing phase we will all roll our eyes at while reminiscing.

I hate the shades most of all, the rest of the costume is... fine, but rather dull and uninspired. Hell, the original "Jackpot" costume looked a lot better.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Fantastic Member

That explains the top. I guess the bottom part is supposed to resemble a slot machine. Not in love with the look

Hopefully this crap starts and ends with this run.