View Poll Results: When's Kamala coming back?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • In Fallen Friend

8 17.39%
  • Before the Hellfire Gala

3 6.52%
  • During the Hellfire Gala

21 45.65%
  • After the Hellfire Gala

12 26.09%
  • Other

2 4.35%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hopefully never

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Is Fallen Friend the same as the Classified 4 issue limited series?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Is Fallen Friend the same as the Classified 4 issue limited series?
    LOL...it cant be as the LS is classified. Fallen Friend is a oneshot

Kamala's creator originally intended for her to be a mutant but you know, the Powers that Be had other plans.

Nobody dog pile me. I support each poster's right to their preferences. That said, if Kamala really does end up joining the Uncanny crowd, I'm perfectly happy with it.

Between she and Franklin Richards (again, no disprespect) I prefer Kamala.
    The real joy I got out of Franky being a mutant was the brief stint of angst between he and his dad. But alas, that's no longer a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...it cant be as the LS is classified. Fallen Friend is a oneshot
    I phrased that weirdly, I meant to ask whether the mini solicited as Classified was eventually revealed to be Fallen Friend.

As these seem to be 2 separate projects, one a limited series and the other a one-shot, my guess is that Classified is a "Ms. Marvel Reborn" book which is where I assume Kamala will come back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Kamala's creator originally intended for her to be a mutant but you know, the Powers that Be had other plans.

Nobody dog pile me. I support each poster's right to their preferences. That said, if Kamala really does end up joining the Uncanny crowd, I'm perfectly happy with it.

The real joy I got out of Franky being a mutant was the brief stint of angst between he and his dad. But alas, that's no longer a thread.
    If she does, please just don’t change her powers to her terrible MCU powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    This I'm inclined to agree with.

I'm curious to see if her shape changing will be altered.
    Like, maybe how with other mutants, their mutations can be altered or "fixed" when they are resurrected, maybe the conflict between her healing factor and her shape changing will be reconciled by being resurrected or something.
    Last edited by Fokken; 07-07-2023 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

I think the big thing is that even if they do make her a Mutant, it shouldn't define her or be spun as something pivotal to her character now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the big thing is that even if they do make her a Mutant, it shouldn't define her or be spun as something pivotal to her character now.
    Why not be a pivotal part of her character?
    Being Inhuman was a pivotal part of her character -- and navigating and reconciling that cultural clash with her human/Muslim life/existence.
    Cultural adaptation is bountiful story material. Its a huge part of what made her so unique and inspiring to so many readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I dont think they will change her powers but rather add to them. I imagine she will remain as is but will gain the light constructs which will be attributed to her X-gene

Astonishing Member

Thinking about the idea of her gaining "energy field" kind of powers. Wasn't there a story in her first series where her older brother was exposed to terrigen mist, in an attempt to turn him into an inhuman and he briefly displayed some kind of forcefield, only for him to turn out not being an inhuman after all and never showcasing the powers again?

Was that ever followed up in said series or those after?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Thinking about the idea of her gaining "energy field" kind of powers. Wasn't there a story in her first series where her older brother was exposed to terrigen mist, in an attempt to turn him into an inhuman and he briefly displayed some kind of forcefield, only for him to turn out not being an inhuman after all and never showcasing the powers again?

Was that ever followed up in said series or those after?
    in Vol 4, issue 20, he explains that his powers only manifested that one time, and never manifested again.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I went with the “Other” option which I’d phrase as…

“Wait. It hasn’t already happened?”
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

My prediction for Kamala once she joins the mutant family is a New Mutants, Ms. Marvel-led book.

Not necessarily with Kamala as leader but more with her as a focus character. I find it unlikely the current regime will reiterate the classic NM yet again so soon, so adding Kamala would probably increase interest in the book and also give her new teammates to bounce off of.

Make her hang with the 2003 New Mutants cast. They may or may not be the same age as her, and there are a lot of characters she could bounce off of. It'd be pretty funny if an idealist newcomer like Kamala has to deal with the more cynical, jaded and experienced kids. She asks them about the X-Men, and Surge just gives her a long laundry-list of all the crappy thing they've done.

Kamala: "So, Scott and Emma, huh? How did that happen?"
    Surge: "Scott cheated on his wife with her, when she was his therapist. They made out on her grave after she died."
    Kamala. "O-oh... But at least they're good hero-"
    Hellion: "They failed to protect us and left us to fend for ourselves."
    Surge: "Remember the time they closed down the school and abandoned us with nothing?"
    Hellion: "Remember when they made me go out on a mission after I lost my hands and was on a bunch of painkillers?"
    Surge: "Remember when they drafted a vulnerable teenage Laura to their death squad?"
    Hellion: "Remember the Danger Room?"
    Surge: "Remember Danger?"
    Kamala: "I wonder what Wolverine is doing..."
    Hellion: "Hanging out with underaged girls."
    Last edited by Rift; 07-08-2023 at 06:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.