View Poll Results: When's Kamala coming back?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • In Fallen Friend

8 17.39%
  • Before the Hellfire Gala

3 6.52%
  • During the Hellfire Gala

21 45.65%
  • After the Hellfire Gala

12 26.09%
  • Other

2 4.35%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

My prediction is she’ll be resurrected after Fall of X somehow, and will be the newbie POV character (like Jubilee was in the 90s) on a new Uncanny X-men team led by Jean. It’ll have an all-star lineup and creative team. My guess is characters like Logan, Bishop, Gambit who aren’t currently on any teams might be on it, along with maybe Archangel and Monet (bring in the X-Corp concept perhaps?).

And, yes, this is one part wishful thinking and one part my best guess.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    in Vol 4, issue 20, he explains that his powers only manifested that one time, and never manifested again.
    Sounds like there is some wiggle room to reveal him as latent mutant and the reason his X-gene can't fully manifest is because of also having inhuman heritage like his sister.

For example if someone has both inhuman genes and X-gene potential either one is dominant and the other recessive or they cancel each other out.

So in Kamala the inhuman side became dominant and the X-gene remained recessive, while for her brother his X-gene was actualy dominant but got damaged by being exposed to the mist, hence a short flare up before burning out.

And instead of revealing Kamala as having been a mutant instead of inhuman the whole time, getting revived actualy results in her becomming a unique fully functional hybrid Inhuman/Mutant akin to how Namor is a Atlantean/Mutant one.

Which would mean Marvel could cover both bases. Keeping her origins and powers related to the inhumans (or kree in case of the Avengers game), which was used in past cartoons and video game appearance and her implied mutant origins in the MCU.
    Last edited by Grunty; 07-08-2023 at 08:50 AM.

I can see her joining the Uncanny Avengers as a late/surprise addition.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    If she does, please just don’t change her powers to her terrible MCU powers.
    I hate to tell you this but changing her powers was the entire point of killing her to begin with

Is there a point to even saying I wish she just stayed an Inhuman? I'm a huge fan of hers too.

Well if we must, I was also thinking putting her with the characters her age that aren't getting to do anything these days would be a good opportunity for all involved. Maybe come up with some excuse for their stories to be not on Krakoa as much.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

It would be really terrific if Kamala's clout could lead toward elevating some of the forgotten Academy X mutants, by including them in future stories.

So uh

Did the X-Men steal Kamalas corpse

Because her body is missing in Fallen Friend

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So uh

Considering they have shown a rather notable lack of care in recovering their own dead bodies before just producing duplicates and jamming backup memories into them, it would seem somewhat odd for them to be concerned about her's.

Unless they are actualy going to use some of the other functional methods to revive dead bodies and pull souls back into them which they should have access too with the sheer amount of super powers and technology currently at their disposale.

So uh

No. She died in a very public way as Ms. Marvel, so Kamala Khan herself is presumed missing because no one has seen her since the attack. The issue makes clear that there are multiple people dead from the attack from the community, and many who are still missing. The event they are at in the issue is a prayer for both the missing and the dead, including both Ms. Marvel and Kamala separately. Presumably, they don't want to tell the public they are the same because that could expose her family to danger, and since Ms. Marvel was killed in a public way, it would be sus as hell if Kamala's body clearly had the same injuries. So that's why she's considered missing.

Unclear why no one told her family that she was Ms. Marvel after she died though.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    No. She died in a very public way as Ms. Marvel, so Kamala Khan herself is presumed missing because no one has seen her since the attack. The issue makes clear that there are multiple people dead from the attack from the community, and many who are still missing. The event they are at in the issue is a prayer for both the missing and the dead, including both Ms. Marvel and Kamala separately. Presumably, they don't want to tell the public they are the same because that could expose her family to danger, and since Ms. Marvel was killed in a public way, it would be sus as hell if Kamala's body clearly had the same injuries. So that's why she's considered missing.

Unclear why no one told her family that she was Ms. Marvel after she died though.
    But if her body isn't at the funeral, uh, where is it

The event depicted in the issue isn’t her funeral, so I don’t know why the body would be there.

In Quire's closet, along with all the other bodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.