Extraordinary Member

Hawkeye's Hawaiian shirt on M*A*S*H

Cartoons:

The Scooby Gang on Scooby Doo Where Are You
    Charley Brown and company on Peanuts specials
    Fred, Wilma, Barney, and Betty on the Flintstones

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    OMG Yes! When I was a kid, my aunt knitted me that scarf. What a little nerd I was.

Extraordinary Member

7 of 9's body suit.

Buck Roger's in the 25th century-original costume and Hawk's costume was bonkers.

Auto Man.

Greatest American Hero costume

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    My favorite Doctor Who. An old Boyfriend of mine and I used to watch the reruns with him on PBS. I would fall asleep watching them and the theme music at the end would wake me up. It is a great memory and why I love this Doctor so much.

It also seemed that he had K9 in a lot of episodes but that may have been because K9 debuted in his run.
    Last edited by babyblob; 07-07-2023 at 12:58 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Greatest American Hero costume
    This I like.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Not sure what you're implying, but she's not wearing a jumpsuit in that picture. Emma Peel's iconic look is also usually referred to as a "catsuit."
    The implication is that Cathy Gale wore far more leather than Emma Peel as Diana Rigg didn't like or couldn't wear leather. In any case, I strongly maintain that neither woman's costuming was iconic because they had different looks in every episode. Besides that both were extremely attractive. Steed's look was the iconic look of the Avengers.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

They're more of accessories but JR's Stetson and Mary Tyler Moore's Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The implication is that Cathy Gale wore far more leather than Emma Peel as Diana Rigg didn't like or couldn't wear leather. In any case, I strongly maintain that neither woman's costuming was iconic because they had different looks in every episode. Besides that both were extremely attractive. Steed's look was the iconic look of the Avengers.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree. I've seen zero episodes of "The Avengers" but I know about Emma Peel's catsuit. To me, that makes it iconic because it's in culture, regardless of how many times she wore it on the show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    They're more of accessories but JR's Stetson
    And don't forget Miss Ellie's housedresses. Every woman in the room was dressed to the nines and here comes dowdy Miss Ellie in a housedress.

Ed Norton -- not that one, the one on the "Honeymooners" (Ralph's uniform too)

Define Iconic. Popular, or just what they wear when they are on an episode...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Define Iconic. Popular, or just what they wear when they are on an episode...
    What they wear in an episode, their style.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My favorite Doctor Who. An old Boyfriend of mine and I used to watch the reruns with him on PBS. I would fall asleep watching them and the theme music at the end would wake me up. It is a great memory and why I love this Doctor so much.

It also seemed that he had K9 in a lot of episodes but that may have been because K9 debuted in his run.

K-9 was in 3 and a half seasons I think; although there are actually three in the classic series.

The first leaves with Leela in "Invasion of Time" to stay on Gallifrey at the end of season 18.

The second remains in E-space with Romana II in "Warriors gate" toward the end of Tom Baker's run.

K-9 doesn't appear in the Paris episode "City of Death" though (Used a lot of location shots of Tom and Lalla running around traffic so it'd be a bit difficult to have the mostly studio-bound prop around) and was disliked by the producers of season 18 so he was frequently damaged during the season.

The K-9 that shows up in "Five Doctors" and "School Reunion" originated in the "K-9 and Company" special from the early 80s. The K-9 MK IV at the end of course appears in SJA and a few Doctor Who appearances past that.

There were some slight differences in the hat, jacket, vest and scarf as Tom went on-his first season had a sort of shorter red jacket, the grey jacket was pretty popular, and of course the final season had him in burgundy everything. The current season looks like it might be dropping the whole idea of the Doctors having distinctive costumes entirely as almost every publicity and filming photo has Ncuti with a different look ever episode.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Boisterously Confused

Gunsmoke's Marshall Matt Dillon.
    Image.jpg
    Even if they didn't like the show, most US residents born before about 1980 could probably recognize the character, even by silhouette.

Some costumes only need to be worn once:

Hopefully this counts, but my choice would be all the cosplay from...

Otaku no Video
    (おたくのビデオ)

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-12-2023 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.