Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Fantastic Member

Gotta say, these preview pages look great so far but there's a lot of foreshadowing that this relationship isn't going to survive the end of the comic.

So I guess we'll finally find out the fate of Manifold

Also that first page was nice, Rogue and Remy have been through a lot as a couple and have survived through it all, so it'll be very weird if like everyone is theorizing they break up at the end of this mini
    Last edited by Diammandis; 07-07-2023 at 12:36 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    So I guess we'll finally find out the fate of Manifold

Also that first page was nice, Rogue and Remy have been through a lot as a couple and have survived through it all, so it'll be very weird if like everyone is theorizing they break up at the end of this mini
    I really think the fear they're going to break up is gonna turn out incorrect. The mini to me feels like it's building to them finally talking through the (manufactured) issues it gave them.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I really think the fear they're going to break up is gonna turn out incorrect. The mini to me feels like it's building to them finally talking through the (manufactured) issues it gave them.
    yeah, i personally don't see them breaking up, though I haven't really been fully paying attention to the book but, from what I have seen I don't believe that this is going to break them up. With Rogue now being controlled and Remy fighting for her, this is the perfect and most cliche time for them to talk through what has been going on between them
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Fantastic Member

I wasn't leaning one way or another until this week's X-Men issue when Destiny was talking about Rogue's story and somebody else's story bisecting. With the hint Rogue is supposed to cross a line in the text preview I feel like something has to be bad enough that Gambit either doesn't come back willingly or is incapable of coming back.

These are really good pages. The first one is absolutely lovely.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

In my personal chronology Rogue and Gambit relationship ended in Astonishing X-men by Charles Soule:

Screenshot 2023-07-07 164917.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    These are really good pages. The first one is absolutely lovely.
    Yeah I feel like #5 might blow the other four issues in the mini out of the water. Even if the final outcome is something controversial.

I still think the dialogue is pretty bad, they're in the middle of a "dramatic" moment and they talk about making the bed...meh.

the beautiful art of Carlos Gomez dazzles us hahaha

I still think they are going to separate them both physically and emotionally at least until the end of Fall or X when they will resolve the "mystery."

What an unnecessary mini if so. Don't get me wrong, I take unnecessary over break up any day. Still this mini will either go down in infamy or fizzle out of memory.

I wasn't happy with the pages so far. It's odd but the focus on Rogue continues even when Gambit is the one talking. I am bored with it in this mini. Remy is suppose to be the one with problems but so far all we here is about what Rogue thinks and feels.

Beautiful art, at least, even if this whole thing still ends as an editorially mandated split.

(The contents of that first page tell me that maybe SP finally read KT’s run after all the reviews unfavorably comparing the quality of this current series to that one. It’s giving watered down retread of MMX. Someone there is reading reviews, at least, because they finally fixed the whole “mon cherie” debacle lmao.)

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    What an unnecessary mini if so. Don't get me wrong, I take unnecessary over break up any day. Still this mini will either go down in infamy or fizzle out of memory.

I wasn't happy with the pages so far. It's odd but the focus on Rogue continues even when Gambit is the one talking. I am bored with it in this mini. Remy is suppose to be the one with problems but so far all we here is about what Rogue thinks and feels.
    You’ve described their whole relationship. And all Gambit thinks and feels has to pertain to Rogue anyway. Even if he’s the one suffering from depression and alcoholism, Rogue can find a way to make it about her. All he does is support her and believe in her so much, literally puts her on a pedestal to worship her — and she calls him an idiot.

I hope Gambit gets amnesia and forgets the whole thing.

I hope Gambit gets amnesia and forgets the whole thing
    I hope we all get amnesia

The art in this mini really has been gorgeous. It's the only positive about this book other than these preview pages. Were these written by a different author?