Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Default Knight Terrors: Robin #1

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/07/07/dc...rrors-robin-1/

The art is nice but I don't like either the bootleg MK ninja look for Jason or the white streak, especially when is everything you can see of his hair because it makes him look so old. And the writing is still all over the place, is he in good terms with the Batfamily or not?

EDIT: Also lol at the rubber bullets.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 07-07-2023 at 02:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Man, this all just feels so bland.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Does Tim often call Barbara Babs? I can’t recall.

Extraordinary Member

Why they giving Oracle sass

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Cause their tough dudes

The white streak feels forced. And when are they going to give up on the MK look?

Feels like every other writer doubles down on "Tim you're doing too much..." I guess coming out and dating a guy didn't solve that problem, despite appearances to the contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Because they're tired of her playing mother hen I guess or talking in their ear ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Does Tim often call Barbara Babs? I can’t recall.
    It seems he is also calling Cassandra Cain as Cassie (instead of Cass).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It seems he is also calling Cassandra Cain as Cassie (instead of Cass).
    He did in his solo series (the 1993 one) call Barbara Babs and Cassandra Cassie.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I dont know if this is going to be for me

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agentofthebat View Post
    I dont know if this is going to be for me
    It's not for anyone...this whole event is just a head scratcher.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

That Red Hood other version costume is very funny to look at. I don’t know why.

I was going to ask what the terror version of Tim was supposed to be, but then my mind locked onto the boomerang. So never mind. lol
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's not for anyone...this whole event is just a head scratcher.
    We actually didn't need this Knight Terrors Event . I know it's 2 months , just the summer . But it breaks the flow of the new books .

Mighty Member

I personally liked it. The art was good and the evil Robin and Red Hood looked creepy. Jason and Tim had an interesting dynamic that seems to hearken back to their older days with Jason being a jerk (e.g. mentioning how the last time he had a dream with Tim in it he also punched him. Jason also seems like a jerk to everyone in general though and Porter seems to be leaning into him being the Outsider more) and Tim just brushing him off and not taking him too seriously though I think Tim could have barked more to make it come full circle, but I guess he understood it was a dream and had the bigger picture. We also got more analytical Tim in terms of deducing the dream world and spelling out the threat and a good explanation of how he came to this conclusion via studying Batman's notes.

In terms of Tim's nightmare seeing his dad die again and leaping to try to save him despite knowing it is a dream showcases on the other hand given how he knows it is a dream part of me feels he shouldn't have fallen for it so quckly but it also shows how it is still a deep source regret of his and still greatly impacts him. The sequence and what Knightmare Tim says does go into detail regarding Tim's sense of failure in the sense of how he feels with all the training he had this should have been preventable as he saves people all the time from low criminals like Captain Boomerang especially as he wanted to be Robin, but he couldn't save his father. The sequence with the Batfamily was neat as it shows how his failure to save his father translates into a greater fear into letting those closests to him die. Using Stephanie to communicate this fear was a nice touch (yes I'm bringing my bias into this) given how she is one of the closest people to him (on the other note the emphasis on her showing up and offering him her hand, her being the only one to talk to him, and him showing concern for her specifically and how he can't loose her too, shows the importance she has to him. I'll take this as a W) and maybe hearkens back to losing her as well as she "died" a week before Jack (but we still don't know if that is canon). The part with Tim running back into his room and just huddling a corner with the Batfamily plushies was a nice way to emphasize/throwback to how he was once just a normal kid that was a big fan of Batman before he started the role and now he's seeking that comfort in the face of his fears

Jason on the other hand seems more composed and flippant in the face of his fears and more focused on punching his way out and given how many times he's been confronted with his death, I think that makes sense. The scene with the faces of his mom crying and making excuses as to why she turned him over to the Joker was creepy but I like how it reminds people that she betrayed him to the Joker in the first place. I did like the scene of the Knightmare telling Jason how he's on the path to being like the Joker which is angle that hasn't been explored too much (Death in the Family Showcase addressed it a bit). Jason's brute force angle did come to bite him in the ass as it just made more enemies and he acknowledged at the end.

Overall I liked it and it was interesting. Looking forward to issue 2.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

That was terrible, just another rehash of "villain makes the boys relive their worst failures to break them down" that we've already seen before, Jason and Tim are being written as newbies falling right on the trap and regressing them to their pre-N52 characterizations so the story can work.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That was terrible, just another rehash of "villain makes the boys relive their worst failures to break them down" that we've already seen before, Jason and Tim are being written as newbies falling right on the trap and regressing them to their pre-N52 characterizations so the story can work.
    I guess you're speaking mainly about Jason, since New52 makes pretty little for Tim's development.