Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

As much as I wanted Dazzler or Jubilee to win, if we are finally able to get on page confirmation that Juggernaut and Black Tom are an endgame couple if Juggs is on the main book, then this would be well worth it. Those two are the most obvious queer coded characters right after Destiny and Mystique. In fact both Claremont and Nicieza confirmed they wrote Tom and Cain as a couple from the start.
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 07-10-2023 at 06:00 AM.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

I don't believe Juggernaut is the winner.
    The creatives are known for being cheeky with their commentary and Duggan's allegation that the winner of the vote was hidden beneath the logo feels cheeky enough to be false.

That said, IF Juggs wins, I would only find joy in said win if he is then immediately kissed by Black Tom.

Astonishing Member

The funny thing to consider is that in theory losing the election by the reader does not actualy disqualify anyone from still being put on the team.

Especially since the in universe election is just a cheap explanation for why the writer can pick who ever they want, since the population of Krakoa has no personality which would indicate any sort of favoritism towards or awareness of characters.

So nothing stops the writer from picking the "losers" of the fan election anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    As much as I wanted Dazzler or Jubilee to win, if we are finally able to get on page confirmation that Juggernaut and Black Tom are an endgame couple if Juggs is on the main book, then this would be well worth it. Those two are the most obvious queer coded characters right after Destiny and Mystique. In fact both Claremont and Nicieza confirmed they wrote Tom and Cain as a couple from the start.
    Was it actually confirmed by the writers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Was it actually confirmed by the writers ?
    Yes Nicieza confirmed on his interview with Cerebro podcast that it was his full intention to write Juggernaut and Tom as a couple all throughout the 90’s. Besides even if he didn’t confirm it, there’s no way to read their relationship in the 90’s and not correlate it with the traumas and separations gay couples faced in the 90’s AIDs era that I am sure Nicieza was correlating it with.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Yes Nicieza confirmed on his interview with Cerebro podcast that it was his full intention to write Juggernaut and Tom as a couple all throughout the 90’s. Besides even if he didn’t confirm it, there’s no way to read their relationship in the 90’s and not correlate it with the traumas and separations gay couples faced in the 90’s AIDs era that I am sure Nicieza was correlating it with.
    Oh I'll look for that interview, seems interesting thanks ! I have very few memories of them in the 90s so I don't remember those vibes.

If what I’ve heard is true, and I’m pretty sure it is, the whole truth is insane. The HG this year is going to have people talking for months, if not years or decades.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I was pretty sure Jubilee is gonna in as she is well known for the cartoon series and many people who do not even read comics are voting. That is also why Firestar won last year. I think among X-books readers she would never have won, for sure.
    That is also why characters Cannonball, Frenzy and Prodigy don't have a fair chance at all. I actually starting to believe Marvel knows who is most likely to win anyways, so the rest is just thrown in for fun.

I am glad that some former contesters we included in other teams, like Tempo on Marauders and Sunspot on Red.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I was pretty sure Jubilee is gonna in as she is well known for the cartoon series and many people who do not even read comics are voting. That is also why Firestar won last year. I think among X-books readers she would never have won, for sure.
    That is also why characters Cannonball, Frenzy and Prodigy don't have a fair chance at all. I actually starting to believe Marvel knows who is most likely to win anyways, so the rest is just thrown in for fun.

I am glad that some former contesters we included in other teams, like Tempo on Marauders and Sunspot on Red.
    Juggernaut has been in movies and they are way more recent than anything with Jubilee.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Juggernaut has also appeared in a ton of video games and not just X-Men games but Marvel games in general. He was a boss in at least one Spider-Man game.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Juggernaut has been in movies and they are way more recent than anything with Jubilee.
    I’m still mad at those damn Fox movies for casting Jubilee multiple times and never giving her a damn role (tbh they struggled even more than the comics when it came to non-white mutant rep). ESPECIALLY, when they cast Lana Condor as she’s actually a great actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Juggernaut has also appeared in a ton of video games and not just X-Men games but Marvel games in general. He was a boss in at least one Spider-Man game.
    The recent ones ?
    It's weird for them to use the Juggernaut when they got Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Yeap. My prediction was that it was going to be a head to head to between these two, with juggs taking the gold.

To the non comic reader he has a better design and cooler powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    The recent ones ?
    It's weird for them to use the Juggernaut when they got Rhino
    He was in Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions which featured a few different Spideys from the Spider-Verse, around 2010. There may have been others but I know way way back he was also in the Spider-Man and X-Men Nintendo game which I loved.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Yeap. My prediction was that it was going to be a head to head to between these two, with juggs taking the gold.

To the non comic reader he has a better design and cooler powers.
    There are tons of problems with the FOX-Men movies and I won't get into them here again but like every single Juggernaut scene in X3 was pure gold to be honest.
    "This is me being reasonable"