Default The toxicity of Comics Twitter might've driven a woman to suicide

I don't know much about this Twitter user (I never followed her or replied to her), but I saw she has eighty thousand followers and a post from yesterday. I guess she's been harassed and received death threats from people who disagreed with he takes on comics and she said now that the people were right and she deserved death threats. The hate comments got to her and she said she doesn't deserve to be her and is now either dead or in a hospital. I pray it's a hospital. And I guess someone impersonated her on Instagram Threads and said a bunch of stuff to make her look bad. I don't know. I don't have an account over there. But it's insane that someone could be driven to this because of comics. People online are quick to forget that the other profiles are actual people. And you might be talking to them on a very bad day. This woman was clearly barraged with comments that she was a bad person and didn't deserve to live and she came to believe them. Again, I really hope she's alright. But I this kind of hostile mentality should be discussed, because no one should be sending death threats because they disagree with someone on comics.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...284403200.html
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

That's a relief, thanks for the update.