Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Disney kills all dvd/ blu-ray/ 4k releases in Australia. Gotg 3 will be your final disney physical release there. Sorry, those in Australia. Asia done also other than japan and movie club killed in canada.

Not sure this is the thread to mention this but I'm kind of wondering about when the Bond films are going to get a 4K transfer disc release outside of the Daniel Craig era (Which are all available). The last major blu-ray collection release of all the films was in 2012.

Some of the films are on streaming but mostly just in regular HD.

2022 would've been a good year as it was the 60th but nothing happened apart from the Bond music concert and documentary.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Not sure this is the thread to mention this but I'm kind of wondering about when the Bond films are going to get a 4K transfer disc release outside of the Daniel Craig era (Which are all available). The last major blu-ray collection release of all the films was in 2012.

Some of the films are on streaming but mostly just in regular HD.

2022 would've been a good year as it was the 60th but nothing happened apart from the Bond music concert and documentary.
    I am shocked they did not release them for the 60th. It would have been the best time and they would have sold like Gangbusters.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am shocked they did not release them for the 60th. It would have been the best time and they would have sold like Gangbusters.
    I guess WB messed that up too.
    Last edited by krazijoe; 07-27-2023 at 03:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

DVDs are great if you like obscure movies or old TV shows that simply aren't streamed. I've got a bunch. The Challenge, (Toshiro Mifune, Scott Glenn), Breakheart Pass, (Charles Bronson), Death Hunt, (Bronson, Lee Marvin, Carl Weathers), Day Of The Jackal, (Edward Fox)...things like that, very good to great movies that are so overlooked even streaming forgot them.

For streaming services taking things away or editing them or whatever, piracy is good. Just about everything is out there to pirate. If streaming's not going to provide it or the right version of it, pirating is the right response.

I do like having physical copies. Reliable, and better quality.

Target store removing all dvd/ blu-rays and 4k disks from select stores.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...cds-in-stores/

I'm a DVD guy myself. And given how the streaming services keep deleting content, physical media continues to make sense since you can't trust the streamers not to screw you.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member

Streaming will screw us in the long run. More ads will come, the costs will rise. Its only natural that they do that.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Yeah, streaming has always been just a way for the corporations to re-create the cable TV model on different devices.

What version of streaming are we talking about? They have two. VOD is pay to get a movie added to your collection like vudu or google play. Other is HBO max, netflix, etc are just hbo and disney channel cable channels and movie rotate like they did in the 80s.

Then there are sites like plex where you can backup your dvds and put them digital. Those just let you watch your dvds on streaming.

Then sites like pluto tv are pretty much cable.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I still buy DVDs because streaming is unreliable. Internet can crap out. Many movies jump around from one streaming service to another, and I am not paying for every goddamn one.

And especially now, where companies are effectively erasing certain movies and shows for tax write-offs or because they don't want to pay residuals, it's good to have a physical copy of something and knowing I can watch it whenever I want.
    This is the most concise and simple answer to the question by the OP.
    Who at first made me think he didn't buy any more physical media....only to go on about just how much he does buy.
    I want my films/tv to be original and whole. Not edited by woke snowflakes now in positions of power at studios. Any offensiveness contained therein is a reflection of the human condition. You don't like it or can't appreciate the art for the time then don't re-watch said item.

My bigger concern is one day they just stop making DVD/Blu Ray players.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    My bigger concern is one day they just stop making DVD/Blu Ray players.
    Every country on earth won't stop making them. Discs would have to be stopped altogether for any countries to consider ceasing production. Discs are inextricably tied to players.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Every country on earth won't stop making them. Discs would have to be stopped altogether for any countries to consider ceasing production. Discs are inextricably tied to players.
    Sony was still selling BetaMax until 2016 if there's a market someone will sell it.