Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not when you are trying to sell products-mainly TRADES.

Teen Shuri sells better than her comic book counterpart.

Eternal while the cast has changed-it has not hurt interest in their older runs as those sold very well on Amazon.
    It boils down to Non Comic fans do NOT care. They seem to understand there are many versions of these characters and it's okay to read about all of them if you want.

It's comic fans who have been all levels of toxic about.

It's whose fault Monica sat in limbo for years?
    Whose fault Sam Wilson has more solo issues as Cap America than as Falcon.
    Because when Marvel tried stuff with these guys WHO as the first to take issue with them even making an effort?
    Exactly. All of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Anyone remembers the Simpsons Comic Book Guy?

An obvious parody off a certain demographic and yet that demographic still keeps being unaware about how ridiculous they are. There is still a lot of gatekeeping going when it comes to certain comic fans but as you have said the tides have changed and they will continue to change.
    As they should. I've been reading comics for over 40 years now. I have very little interest in reading the same stories I read when I was seven today.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

If MCU synergy Shuri sold better than her old self, wouldn't she still have an ongoing at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think the universes need to stay separate.
    Yes please
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    So are the Maximoff twins, but people won't ever shut up about their retcon.
    We don't dig up character concepts and claim those are the intended and true version instead of the one we actually get and spend time with, do we?

Darth Vader was not intended to be Luke's dad, Princess Leia was not meant to be Luke's sister, but at this point no sane Star Wars fan would want that changed to match the supposed original concept.
    Every time I see Luke and Lea kiss in Empire I do
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If MCU synergy Shuri sold better than her old self, wouldn't she still have an ongoing at this point?
    I’ll do you one better wouldn’t she be the Black Panther in the comics right now instead of T’Challa?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

No.

Because you are using two different formats.

MCU Shuri that is in novels-sold well and is endorsed by various teacher groups.

MCU Shuri in floppies can't get past issue 10. Last issue was at 10246. Above her Ironheart who lasted 4 more issues.

Below Shuri was Squirrel 4 issues away from her ending at 50.
    Moon Girl at her ending of 45.
    Runways that only had 8K yet lasted another 15 issues.

Now you ask how did those others last longer?

Ironheart probably had slightly higher digital numbers as that series at times outperformed book like Batman more times than Shuri did on Kindle.

Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl and Runaways had better trade sales. Which is ODD considering the Black Panther wave was still going and pretty Coates volume 2, Shuri and Killmonger were NOT benefitting from the Black Panther movie wave.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’ll do you one better wouldn’t she be the Black Panther in the comics right now instead of T’Challa?
    Shuri couldn't get past issue 10 as herself.

Runaways at 8,770 orders lasted 15 more issues. Instead of doing a new number one to lead to issue 100 of Runaways.

Dial H for Hero was at 9277 STILL manage to complete 12 issues.

Of note every black female lead book at Marvel were among the worst ongoing sellers. Unstoppable Wasp was the worst. Runaways was the only one to see 2020.

Notice only Moon Girl has gotten other shots. Not Shuri by herself.

Shuri in that suit was NOT going to help and all the black male bashing and shaming by Roxanne Gay and her crew was NOT going to change that.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe...but there really isn't such a thing as an ongoing anymore. Even Cap's most recent was 16 issues....and that includes an issue 0, 750 and the upcoming Captain America Finale #1.

And even though I added 750...legacy numbering is not something I usually count for an ongoing...it is just a special issue to generate interest.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Thunderbolts new book announced. Synergy roster! The only one there who won't be in the film is probably Black Widow (who's dead in the MCU).
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=224425742
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Thunderbolts new book announced. Synergy roster! The only one there who won't be in the film is probably Black Widow (who's dead in the MCU).
    shang chi looks and feels so outta place in that lineup guess he is there for diversity? but besides him dont everyone else have the same exact skillset with one another?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

and shang chi unless im missing something
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

He exists in the MCU, so it's possible for him to be in the film.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Luke Cage was the Thunderbolts liaison during Heroic Age so I don't mind if Shang Chi is on the team for a while.
    "Cable was right!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No.

Because you are using two different formats.

MCU Shuri that is in novels-sold well and is endorsed by various teacher groups.

MCU Shuri in floppies can't get past issue 10. Last issue was at 10246. Above her Ironheart who lasted 4 more issues.

Below Shuri was Squirrel 4 issues away from her ending at 50.
    Moon Girl at her ending of 45.
    Runways that only had 8K yet lasted another 15 issues.

Now you ask how did those others last longer?

Ironheart probably had slightly higher digital numbers as that series at times outperformed book like Batman more times than Shuri did on Kindle.

Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl and Runaways had better trade sales. Which is ODD considering the Black Panther wave was still going and pretty Coates volume 2, Shuri and Killmonger were NOT benefitting from the Black Panther movie wave.
    So MCU Shuri doesn't sell comics. Thanks.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

All I can tell by that line up is that someone's getting their @$$ kicked.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?