Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Really wish Spider-Boy and Superior were ranking higher. Especially as some of the books in the top 10 (Batman) are just terrible and very entertaining at the moment.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Really wish Spider-Boy and Superior were ranking higher. Especially as some of the books in the top 10 (Batman) are just terrible and very entertaining at the moment.
    If you’re in the top 50, you’re doing something right!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    If you’re in the top 50, you’re doing something right!
    Thanks for that!

Actually, I'm pretty happy to have both books in the Top 50 without either of them being a flagship or legacy title-- and with one of them being (effectively) a new IP for Marvel. Like I said on a previous thread, you can look at the previous month's rankings and intuit (since I know Spider-Boy's selling a little higher than Superior), that SPIDER-BOY was a Top 50 book last month, but suffered a bit by being released on January 31st and only having a number of days of sales counting towards its tally in that chart as opposed to a number of weeks.

Big Kudos to ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN for not only taking the #1 spot, but also having its first issue do so phenomenally well, that it showed up in the Top 50 too! That's a stunning (and well-deserved) feat! Seriously, that's CRAZY!
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 03-06-2024 at 05:54 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Thanks for that!

Actually, I'm pretty happy to have both books in the Top 50 without either of them being a flagship or legacy title-- and with one of them being (effectively) a new IP for Marvel. Like I said on a previous thread, you can look at the previous month's rankings and intuit (since I know Spider-Boy's selling a little higher than Superior), that SPIDER-BOY was a Top 50 book last month, but suffered a bit by being released on January 31st and only having a number of days of sales counting towards its tally in that chart as opposed to a number of weeks.

Big Kudos to ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN for not only taking the #1 spot, but also having its first issue do so phenomenally well, that it showed up in the Top 50 too! That's a stunning (and well-deserved) feat! Seriously, that's CRAZY!
    Oh, I know that both books are doing well, and I am glad for the success please don't get me wrong. Congratulations on that. Ultimate is doing really well. It is a relly nice time to be a Spider-Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    ICV2 numbers for February 2024. As always, this is not a full list and there are issues with the ranking system, yadda yadda yadda, you get the idea.

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...-february-2024

Unit sales

1 Ultimate Spider-Man #2
    6 Amazing Spider-Man #43 (Gang War)
    8 Edge of Spider-Verse #1
    17 Spider-Punk: Arms Race #1
    18 Amazing Spider-Man #44 (Gang War)
    21 What If...? Venom #1
    25 Ultimate Spider-Man #1
    31 Miles Morales: Spider-Man #16 (Gang War)
    34 Venom #30
    40 Spider-Boy #4
    48 Superior Spider-Man #4

Dollar sales

1 Ultimate Spider-Man #2
    5 Amazing Spider-Man #43 (Gang War)
    7 Edge of Spider-Verse #1
    17 Spider-Punk: Arms Race #1
    18 Ultimate Spider-Man #1
    19 Amazing Spider-Man #44 (Gang War)
    23 What If...? Venom #1
    35 Spider-Boy #4
    42 Superior Spider-Man #4
    48 Miles Morales: Spider-Man #16 (Gang War)
    50 Venom #30

(Yes, a reprint of USM 1 tracked. This thing is a massive hit.)
    USM is insane, I’m ecstatic to see it do this well. Who could’ve guessed the Ultimate Marvel line would be reinvigorating comics again? Real “lightning striking twice” moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    All three issues of batman being in the top 10 is insane.
    I'm assuming ult black panther would have been higher if not for the lost 12k units.
    Miles still being in the top 50, love to see it. I'm assuming #18 or lgcy 300 will give the book a pretty good bump.

If marvel hits on the new x-men relaunch in July we might be living in the 90s again with x-men and spider man dominating sales lol.
    It’s Batman and Joker, no matter how much people complain the sales don’t lie: people will always show up for that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    All three issues of batman being in the top 10 is insane.
    All 3 issues of Joker Year One. Villain sells better than most heroes these days. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    USM is insane, I’m ecstatic to see it do this well. Who could’ve guessed the Ultimate Marvel line would be reinvigorating comics again? Real “lightning striking twice” moment.
    Guess the Hickman hype, the use of the name Ultimate for marketing, and the first real attempt at an Elseworlds Marvel line in forever worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Guess the Hickman hype, the use of the name Ultimate for marketing, and the first real attempt at an Elseworlds Marvel line in forever worked out.
    It's funny that G.O.D.S. didn't get the Hickman hype like USM did. (Not that G.O.D.S. did bad or anything like that, but the difference between it and USM is like night and day.)

It's funny that G.O.D.S. didn't get the Hickman hype like USM did. (Not that G.O.D.S. did bad or anything like that, but the difference between it and USM is like night and day.)
    one is spider-man the other is just of OCs
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Yeah, GODS was always going to be an extremely hard sell. It feels more like an indie comic than a Marvel comic no matter how much you throw Dr. Strange into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    one is spider-man the other is just of OCs
    I knew someone would make that argument, lol.

I know launching a new IP is easier said than done.

I knew someone would make that argument, lol.

I know launching a new IP is easier said than done.
    Especially a high concept one.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ulti...stseller-list/

The first issue of Ultimate X-Men topped Bleedingcool's top 10 for this week. And the 3rd reprint of Ultimate Spider-Man 1 ranked at 10 in this week's BC top 10.

In other news, Spectacular Spider-Men 1 ranked 3rd behind UX-Men and Batman on this week's BC top 10.

Fantastic Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ulti...stseller-list/

The first issue of Ultimate X-Men topped Bleedingcool's top 10 for this week. And the 3rd reprint of Ultimate Spider-Man 1 ranked at 10 in this week's BC top 10.

In other news, Spectacular Spider-Men 1 ranked 3rd behind UX-Men and Batman on this week's BC top 10.
    Ultimate X-men is a unique fun book, so I get that one. But Batman? Yeesh. To be polite all I will say is that Chip Zdarsky Spider-Man work is way better than his Batman run has been. But people do like it I guess so there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Ultimate X-men is a unique fun book, so I get that one. But Batman? Yeesh. To be polite all I will say is that Chip Zdarsky Spider-Man work is way better than his Batman run has been. But people do like it I guess so there is that.
    With Spider-Man and Batman, it has never been a matter of people liking or not what they are reading. Their books have always a minimum of sales, and with just that alone, they are always gonna be on top.