Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MaydayStan View Post
    Almost like it's widely lamented as one of the worst ASM issues of all time, and people are morbidly curious.
    Almost like Spider-Man is MARVEL's posterchild and will always be their top seller regardless of how loud people on the internet scream

I only hope that Ms. Marvel is able to get support from those people for her solo comic run. Now's the chance to support her.
    Last edited by Majesty; 08-16-2023 at 09:30 PM.

Here's a sad story I experienced recently but wanted to share.

I walked into one of my local comic stores for the first time in a while.

I noticed past Spider-Man issues were in some bargain areas. Some more recent ones were still selling but not sold out.

But instead of using that as evidence of how well or well it isn't selling, I checked around the store as a whole. Full shelves everywhere.

Not full shelves of Spider-Man in particular. Full shelves period.

It proves a point of comic sales in general when you look around past just Spider-Man.

But the reality that shelves were full made me very sad.

I stayed there for a little while... I saw trading cards, advertisements for Magic the Gathering: Wilds of Eldraine. Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. They hosted live comic sales every week. This place would have been a paradise for me as a kid, from the ages of 5-15 I would have been in THIS place every day after school if I could. Comics, trading cards, invitations to expos around the area that sell comics and toys, and the advertisements of them. The place would have been PACKED back then... but I stand in there.. just a few people.. a few kids, some adults. Full shelves. The last Ronin, a TMNT comic about my favorite character Michelangelo. An entire section dedicated to it, and WITH TMNT in theaters right now.. not sold out. A What if? Dark Moon Knight. I thought about everything in that store that people that probably frequent this site would have spent time in as a kid along with many many others. Spending hours debating comics, spending even more getting the pokemon and magic trading cards to try to create that perfect deck. The bubble gum, the laughter.

I just thought about the memories that we think will last forever, and going to a comic shop with all this wonderful stuff in it with full shelves all around, and it broke my heart.

Wasn't expecting that.

Yeah the industry seems to be going though a rough patch right now. Some articles have been written about it, saying stuff like store owners feeling like they’re selling more to collectors and speculators than readers. Seems the industry didn’t learn from the mistakes of the nineties.

Mighty Member

Bleeding Cool Top 10 Comic Monthly Bestseller List For July 2023

2. Amazing Spider-Man #29 [87.6]
    3. Amazing Spider-Man #30 [78.3]

Bleeding Cool Top 10 Bestseller List For August 2023
    2. Amazing Spider-Man #31 [85.2]
    4. ASM Annual #1 [69.1]
    5. Amazing Spider-Man #32 [65.8]
    9. Spider-Man #11 [59.7]

* Number in brackets - The Bleeding Cool Bestseller List gives the best-selling reported comic of the month the 100.0 number, and you can see how each title performed as a percentage of that sale.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post

4. ASM Annual #1 [69.1]
    9. Spider-Man #11 [59.7]

* Number in brackets - The Bleeding Cool Bestseller List gives the best-selling reported comic of the month the 100.0 number, and you can see how each title performed as a percentage of that sale.
    Spider-Boy kicking ass and taking names.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post

4. ASM Annual #1 [69.1]
    9. Spider-Man #11 [59.7]

I'm convince that the marriage will come back when ASM isnt selling and Marvel comics is on the verge of being bankrupt.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    Yeah the industry seems to be going though a rough patch right now. Some articles have been written about it, saying stuff like store owners feeling like they’re selling more to collectors and speculators than readers. Seems the industry didn’t learn from the mistakes of the nineties.
    But comics media told me everything was doing just fine. If also turns out Marvel and DC want a better way too track sales but only if the other company goes first https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...e-sales-chart/
    Last edited by Anthony W; 09-04-2023 at 08:46 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    But comics media told me everything was doing just fine. If also turns out Marvel and DC want a better way too track sales but only if the other company goes first https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...e-sales-chart/
    That's fucking cap as hell, if they actually produced coherent sales numbers or such it would basically be a cold war on market trends for the big 2.

Is this normal? Giving out discount code for a trade that hasn’t come out yet?

IMG_9859.jpg

IMG_9859.jpg
    I think it's just a sale. It's Wells' self-deprecating tone that seems almost a little sad. He knows there are quite a number of people who don't like this run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think it's just a sale. It's Wells' self-deprecating tone that seems almost a little sad. He knows there are quite a number of people who don't like this run.
    I think the weight of it is getting to him, but I think he did this to himself. I think Lowe shares the blame for not dialling it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    he sounds fine to me
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

IMG_9859.jpg
    And not a single soul would ever blink again.

Quote Originally Posted by hobnob View Post
    I think the weight of it is getting to him, but I think he did this to himself. I think Lowe shares the blame for not dialling it down.
    I don't think there's any deeper meaning beyond Wells advertising the sale of his work with a bit of humor thrown in. That said, I do think it's interesting that he's willing to allude to the run's unpopularity, given how Marvel and its employees have generally avoided talking about Spider-Man controversies and backlash.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    he sounds fine to me
    He probably is. But I can't imagine it feels particularly great to be on the receiving end of all the hate out there for this run.