Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

I'm surprised that Cat Grant isnt used more in live action to counter Lois
    I can sort of see why. Cat's classic take can be somewhat annoying in the wrong hands, especially to modern audiences who are sick of love triangles. And her Ann Coulter turn in the 2000s wasn't much better. The Supergirl show was arguably the best modern reinvention of her.

I should also point out that Smallville had two Cat Grants.

https://smallville.fandom.com/wiki/Catherine_Grant

https://smallville.fandom.com/wiki/Cat_Grant

That's not the only time Smallville did this thing of splitting two characters of the same name. They did it when they revealed that the Jimmy Olsen who died also had a brother named Jimmy and the show technically had two adaptations of Supergirl.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-12-2023 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I can sort of see why? Cat's classic take can be somewhat annoying in the wrong hands, especially to modern audiences who are sick of love triangles. And her Ann Coulter turn in the 2000s wasn't much better. The Supergirl show was arguably the best modern reinvention of her.

That's not the only time Smallville did this thing of splitting two characters of the same name. They did it when they revealed that the Jimmy Olsen who died also had a brother named Jimmy and the show technically had two adaptations of Supergirl.
    I would say Supergirl was pretty in-line with an older Post-Crisis take on Cat in my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would say Supergirl was pretty in-line with an older Post-Crisis take on Cat in my opinion.
    Yeah. In general that series was a very Post-Crisis take on the Superman mythos, albeit with Supergirl in the driver's seat. And obviously a healthy dose of Donner mixed in.

Hoechlin's Superman on that show was a blend of Donner/Reeves and the Post-Crisis Superman (from what I've seen of S&L, he leans a bit more towards the Post-Crisis, or dare I say Rebirth, side).

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I can sort of see why. Cat's classic take can be somewhat annoying in the wrong hands, especially to modern audiences who are sick of love triangles. And her Ann Coulter turn in the 2000s wasn't much better. The Supergirl show was arguably the best modern reinvention of her.

Ive always preferred L&C Cat. She was fun, interesting, and added a lot of life to the daily planet on s1

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

What the heck, dude from the Superman movie looks like Matt Smith.

The wardrobe department seems to really like this look for Lois.

Thats funny, never noticed that. Guess if Superman has his suit, Lois has hers.

And for those that have never seen SGs test suit

We'll see if the new Supergirl movie actually has Kara interacting with Clark since they've only interacted on tv.

So they thought about adapting the hair band.
    Thats funny, never noticed that. Guess if Superman has his suit, Lois has hers.
    She wears it well!

We'll see if the new Supergirl movie actually has Kara interacting with Clark since they've only interacted on tv.
    Sure hope so. And that it's more than just a cameo. Superman/Corenswet is getting squeezed out a bit in SL so turnaround is fair play and let's see him in some of the other films.

Lucy Lane

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

That test suit is the most comics accurate suit ever!
    Assassinate Putin!

Live action Superman trivia. Gerard Christopher was older when he first filmed as Superboy (30) than were Reeve, Routh, Cavill and Hoechlin when they first filmed as Superman. The jury is out on Corenswet. SL is supposed to film next spring when Corenswet will be 30. If that slips to summer due to the strike Corenswet will be 31 and older than Christopher. However, Cornonswet will be the oldest actor to have first filmed as Superman. I like the casting but wish he were 5 years younger so that if SL and he do well enough for Discovery to use his Superman in other films there is a longer time runway to do that.

Gerard's audition tape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBuHhPeYpz4
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-15-2023 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Live action Superman trivia. Gerard Christopher was older when he first filmed as Superboy (30) than were Reeve, Routh, Cavill and Hoechlin when they first filmed as Superman. The jury is out on Corenswet. SL is supposed to film next spring when Corenswet will be 30. If that slips to summer due to the strike Corenswet will be 31 and older than Christopher. However, Cornonswet will be the oldest actor to have first filmed as Superman. I like the casting but wish he were 5 years younger so that if SL and he do well enough for Discovery to use his Superman in other films there is a longer time runway to do that.

Gerard's audition tape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBuHhPeYpz4
    I'm shocked that he has been ignored in the Super-mythos. Never invited back to any of the Super shows to play a legacy character. Teri/Dean both did Smallville & Supergirl.

I'm shocked that he has been ignored in the Super-mythos. Never invited back to any of the Super shows to play a legacy character. Teri/Dean both did Smallville & Supergirl.
    I am shocked too. A lot of it was WB and the Salkinds who produced Superboy. Bad blood between them. WB kept the DVD from being released for years. That said, both Gerard and Staci (who BTW didn't get residuals until years later as WB blocked rerun syndication immediately after the show ended) are not bitter. They are upbeat, fun people who I've met at cons. Gerard is a huge Superman fan and recently jokingly posted on his Instagram about a family resemblance to Coronswet and how about a part in SL? That Smallville, Supergirl and S&L did not use them in a guest appearance is inexcusable.

A blast from the past. The original Clana - 10 years before Smallville.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ift55ZO63i8
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-15-2023 at 06:26 PM.