Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Is that what it looked like? Yeah the CGI was bad.

What is the general consensus of the George Reeves Superman? I think his version of Clark is the ideal version of Clark. He wasn't a coward or meek. He was just an ordinary guy.
    If a Superman adaptation has to be inspired by a past take, I'd rather there was no inspiration taken from George Reeves than from Christopher Reeve...no offence to the latter!

I actually feel Cavill's Clark Kent in BvS came pretty close to George Reeves' Clark.

Peyton List (Smallville Lucy Lane) and Jenna Dewan (Supergirl/Superman & Lois Lucy Lane) look an awful lot alike. They could easily have played the Lane sisters if they appeared in a movie or series together.

Last edited by Agent Z; 07-23-2023 at 09:00 PM.

Gerard Christopher was the oldest actor to first play Superman (Superboy) since Geroge Reeves. 30 at the time. If filming on SL gets delayed until next summer David Corenswet will take that honor from Gerard as he'll be 31.

GChristopher.jpg
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-01-2023 at 12:06 PM.

Swiss army nerd

Now we have a new film coming out, I can get back on my pitch for Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton to play Jonathan and Martha. I will die on this hill, come back to life and die again.

Today, I learned the original Jimmy Olsen on Lois & Clark was let go for the dumbest reason.

Landes originally played Superman's pal Jimmy Olsen on the superhero show, but was replaced by Justin Whalin from season two onwards.

"I was 21 and at the end of the first year they just said, 'We're not going to have you back for any more'," he told Digital Spy.

"They said it was because I looked too much like Dean Cain, who played Clark... and Teri Hatcher, who played Lois. Part of me was like, 'So what, I didn't look like them 22 episodes ago?'"
    https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...ck-in-the-90s/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Today, I learned the original Jimmy Olsen on Lois & Clark was let go for the dumbest reason.

Yeah that always made me roll my eyes. So many people signed off on his casting and had no problem with it until they brought in a new team for S2? Doing a mini reboot between seasons in general hurt the show

The vivacious Staci Haiduk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-01-2023 at 12:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Is there any live action show that didn't have to recast someone? The only one I can think of is maybe Smallville and even then I'm not 100% on.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

It was especially dumb since later on they had an episode where this girl was dating Jimmy because she thought Jimmy was Superman and they had a Jimmy who looked nothing like Superman.

I know it will never, ever happen, but my dream is to one day have a successful Superman television show and a successful film series happening concurrently and in separate continuities. Like if S&L was happening while we get MoS sequels. The more time passes the more unlikely this seems to be possible, but it's my biggest Superman wish. Bonus points if there's a cartoon series also happening concurrently, and more than one DTV film.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I know it will never, ever happen, but my dream is to one day have a successful Superman television show and a successful film series happening concurrently and in separate continuities. Like if S&L was happening while we get MoS sequels. The more time passes the more unlikely this seems to be possible, but it's my biggest Superman wish. Bonus points if there's a cartoon series also happening concurrently, and more than one DTV film.

This is my SUPER wish too
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Is there any live action show that didn't have to recast someone? The only one I can think of is maybe Smallville and even then I'm not 100% on.
    Can't think of one. It's common I guess but recasting the lead and the chief antagonist as Superboy did is rare.

Season 1 featured John Haymes Newton in the role with Gerard Christopher replacing him for seasons 2 - 4. Likewise, Luthor was recast. Season 1 played by Scott Wells and seasons 2 - 4 by Sherman Howard. They also dropped the Andy McAllister character after season 1. That character was a Jimmy Olsen type friend/sidekick to Clark.

The recasts worked (ratings took off and the series remained a top ten syndicated show for seasons 2 - 4) with my only quibble being the ages of Clark and Lex. Wells was about Gerard's age while Howard was 15 years older or so. I prefer that Clark and Lex be close in age.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-01-2023 at 11:58 AM.

Smallville recast Morgan Edge. However, that was justified as him undergoing plastic surgery to hide from Lionel.

Superman Celebration Q&A with Gerard Christopher and John Rockwell from a few years back. Rockwell was cast in a 1960s pilot Superboy TV series that didn't get picked up. Gerard goes into the good and bad about filming flying scenes. He also mentions how he was initially cast as Superman/Clark for the Lois & Clark TV series but was dropped after they learned he'd played Superboy. A shame IMO. Loved Dean's Clark but his Supes kinda sucked. Gerard OTOH was able to pull off both personas. Gerard takes a well-deserved shot at WB - "the company that killed our show". About 15:50.

Gerard Christopher, John Rockwell Superboy Q&A
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-06-2023 at 12:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Superman Celebration Q&A with Gerard Christopher and John Rockwell from a few years back. Rockwell was cast in a 1960s pilot Superboy TV series that didn't get picked up. Gerard goes into the good and bad about filming flying scenes. He also mentions how he was initially cast as Superman/Clark for the Lois & Clark TV series but was dropped after they learned he'd played Superboy. A shame IMO. Loved Dean's Clark but his Supes kinda sucked. Gerard OTOH was able to pull off both personas. Gerard takes a well-deserved shot at WB - "the company that killed our show". About 15:50.

Gerard Christopher, John Rockwell Superboy Q&A
    Will definitely check it out when I have a few minutes!

Out of curiosity, was this 60's Superboy TV show (which I believe was titled The Adventures of Superboy) intended to be a prequel to the George Reeves Superman show?

If so, curious to know when it would have been set - the present-day, or the 1940's. And did Rockwell try to play a younger version of George Reeves' Clark?