Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Default Batman & fam live action general thread

Batman and his supporting cast have been adapted to live action continuously over the past 50+ years both on the big screen and small screen.

Here's a place to talk about the various versions. Our likes, dislikes, and hopes for the future.

A little surprising that WB has kept Batman himself largely off of the small screen with no self titled/leading series since the Adam West days.

The live action shows have had him cameo in some sort of way:
    Birds of Prey - he disappears after Catwoman dies
    Batwoman - he disappears
    Gotham Knights - he's killed off immediately
    Titans - Bruce shows up on occasion but we only get a shadow of Batman in S1
    Gotham - features a young Bruce Wayne and glimpse of him suited up at the end of the series

All the long running Batfam members have been adapted at some point or another with Damien finally hitting the big screen in the next couple of years.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 07-08-2023 at 05:24 PM.

I hope the DC Cinematic Batfamily in the Gunn-verse is more successful than past attempts.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Here's hoping for a more comics accurate live action Azrael!

It'll be interesting to see if an audience at large is interested in the greater costumed Bat-Family.

If they're going to start using them all I hope they're all kept distinct and unique.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

The question is what will be the reaction of the mass audience to the Bat-Family in Brave and Bold. So far they're more used to more grounded takes on Batman, like Nolan and Reeves' versions of the character. Not to mention that Reeves is continuing his story, and he also seems to want his own cinematic universe.
    But I hope that Brave and Bold will be successful, not just because I want to see Damian, Dick and the rest of Bat-Family in the movies. If this movie fails, we're stuck with grounded/realistic take on Batman and I'm just tired of it.

It's my dream to see the Bat-family as an established and integral aspect of live action Batman media going forward.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    It's my dream to see the Bat-family as an established and integral aspect of live action Batman media going forward.
    I think the have to limit it in some way for the movies, with about 10 members the entire family is to large for a movie.

And while there are certain members you can drop in without much explanation, like Dick and Barbara, some need a little more space for theit introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Here's hoping for a more comics accurate live action Azrael!

It'll be interesting to see if an audience at large is interested in the greater costumed Bat-Family.

If they're going to start using them all I hope they're all kept distinct and unique.
    It's funny how Knightfall is probably the biggest Batman story that's never been adapted outside Azrael showing up in stuff or I guess DKR.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's funny how Knightfall is probably the biggest Batman story that's never been adapted outside Azrael showing up in stuff or I guess DKR.
    Bit surprising we haven't had an animated DTV.

Funnily enough. Knightfall was alluded to in Justice League: Doom, when Bane says that "last time we fought, I broke the bat...today I break the man".

Maybe the current DCAMU series will do an adaptation?

Extraordinary Member

I think both Knightfall and No Man's Land are simply to long for a movie adaptation.

I think for Knightfall you would need at least 4 movies.

- one to introduce Azrael.
    - than one that end's with Bane breaking the bat
    - one with Azrael becoming Batman and taking down Bane
    - finally one with Bruce taking the cowl back from Azrael.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Bit surprising we haven't had an animated DTV.

Funnily enough. Knightfall was alluded to in Justice League: Doom, when Bane says that "last time we fought, I broke the bat...today I break the man".

Maybe the current DCAMU series will do an adaptation?
    I think they could've done it with Jason O'Mara's Batman (minus them jobbing Bane as quickly as they did), but the Tomorrow-verse is too young in my opinion. Batman hasn't even gotten a Robin yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think both Knightfall and No Man's Land are simply to long for a movie adaptation.

I think for Knightfall you would need at least 4 movies.

- one to introduce Azrael.
    - than one that end's with Bane breaking the bat
    - one with Azrael becoming Batman and taking down Bane
    - finally one with Bruce taking the cowl back from Azrael.
    I think at best you'd need three movies because of how much the story would struggle trying to do AzBats, Bruce building himself back up, AzBats vs Bane, and then the final confrontation between Batman and AzBats all in a single movie.

Even Reign of the Superman struggled trying to do Reign and the Return all in one movie compared to when they just did Death in a single film.

Astonishing Member

I think they could've done it with Jason O'Mara's Batman (minus them jobbing Bane as quickly as they did), but the Tomorrow-verse is too young in my opinion. Batman hasn't even gotten a Robin yet.

I think at best you'd need three movies because of how much the story would struggle trying to do AzBats, Bruce building himself back up, AzBats vs Bane, and then the final confrontation between Batman and AzBats all in a single movie.

Even Reign of the Superman struggled trying to do Reign and the Return all in one movie compared to when they just did Death in a single film.
    The Tomorrow-verse started young but seems to be progressing fast. GL: Beware My Power adapted Emerald Twilight (with John instead of Kyle). I haven't watched LOSH yet, but I know it starts with Supergirl established.

I do think it'd be advisable for them to at least do another Batman movie first (preferably something that introduces Robin, or has him already established)...but honestly there's not a whole lot stopping them from doing Knightfall anytime they want. As it is the story would be stripped down to its bare basics and reinvented.

They can do it as a two-parter...the first part could introduce Azrael, feature Bane's campaign against Batman, and conclude with Bruce crippled and Jean-Paul Valley taking the mantle (actually, it might make more sense for Bruce to entrust his legacy as Batman to Azrael if there wasn't an adult Dick waiting in the wings). The second part could be Azrael's reign of terror in Gotham as the new Batman, and Bruce gradually recovering and returning to take back the mantle.

All-New Member

Batman and his supporting cast have been adapted to live action continuously over the past 50+ years both on the big screen and small screen.

Here's a place to talk about the various versions. Our likes, dislikes, and hopes for the future netgear login

pikashow.ltd
    Last edited by nishantjcm307; 07-16-2023 at 04:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I think giving Azreal a proper introduction and doing the Banes Attack would also a bit much for one movie.

I mean you can do that, but I don't think that the result would be as good as the comics.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Mr. Owl, how many Bruce Waynes can you get in 1 film?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Mr. Owl, how many Bruce Waynes can you get in 1 film?

Flashpoint: Into the Bat-Verse.