Default Plastic Man vs Ultron

Plastic Man vs Ultron

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Just how good is Plas at tanking energy attacks? I know he melts under fire/high heat.

Unless he can pour part of himself into Ultron and break something non-Adamantium, I don't know if Plas has a means to do any real damage before Ultron just whittles him down with energy blasts.

Well post-crisis version of Plastic Man fought Fernus, and didn't seem too bothered by the heat.

His regen is likely to outlast the amount of energy reserves a typical Ultron (say in a standard android body) probably keeps.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Well post-crisis version of Plastic Man fought Fernus, and didn't seem too bothered by the heat.
    I remember that, but it's the only time I can recall that happening. Even in the same title, Plas is melting trying to block off the entrance to a witch's furnace a few issues before or after that (which might have been magically enhanced to burn hotter than normal or something, but wasn't specifically mentioned as such). It almost comes across as a SMvFL feat.

His regen is likely to outlast the amount of energy reserves a typical Ultron (say in a standard android body) probably keeps.
    Oh, that's true.

Spectacular Member

Fernus was on fire, but was it super fire or just normal fire? Because if it's just normal fire, I think that Plas would be able to tough it out for a while just based on scale. He had grown to giant size when they fought.

I just realized that I'm not sure if Fernus was actually burning all the time, shapeshifted to look like he was on fire, or using his mental powers to create an illusion of being on fire. Probably one of the first two, but the third isn't out of the question.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I remember that, but it's the only time I can recall that happening. Even in the same title, Plas is melting trying to block off the entrance to a witch's furnace a few issues before or after that (which might have been magically enhanced to burn hotter than normal or something, but wasn't specifically mentioned as such). It almost comes across as a SMvFL feat.

Oh, that's true.
    While I always found the Fernus fight a little sus for Plas, I'll note the witch's furnace you're referencing was the result of the Queen of Fables magic. She was a planetary scale reality warper whose creations were taking apart the Justice League, so it isn't the worst showing you for Plas you could point to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Fernus was on fire, but was it super fire or just normal fire? Because if it's just normal fire, I think that Plas would be able to tough it out for a while just based on scale. He had grown to giant size when they fought.

I just realized that I'm not sure if Fernus was actually burning all the time, shapeshifted to look like he was on fire, or using his mental powers to create an illusion of being on fire. Probably one of the first two, but the third isn't out of the question.
    No he was on fire. A fire aura was a Martians original powers until the Guardians removed the powers and gave them a weakness to it.

I imagine the easiest way for Ultron to drop Plastic Man would be encephalo ray. Does Plas have resistance to being mentally controlled?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I imagine the easiest way for Ultron to drop Plastic Man would be encephalo ray. Does Plas have resistance to being mentally controlled?
    Yes, he does. One of the reasons they got Eel to fight Fernus was because of his resistance to telepathy.