Spectacular Member

Default James Tynion’s indie work

I’m a big fan of a lot of his indie books. Something’s Killing The Children, and Department of Truth are gripping, and Wynd is a lot of fun. He has a good grasp of creating characters to care about as well as intriguing plots. What are your opinions? I know his super hero work has always been polarizing.
    :

Tynion follows a trend for me that I find common in the modern era-creators whose Indy work I find head and shoulders better than their work for hire stuff for Marvel or DC. Tynion joins folks like Cullen Bunn, Jeff Lemire, Rick Remender, Kieron Gillen, and others in that category for me.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 07-15-2023 at 07:24 PM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Winghead View Post
    I’m a big fan of a lot of his indie books. Something’s Killing The Children, and Department of Truth are gripping, and Wynd is a lot of fun. He has a good grasp of creating characters to care about as well as intriguing plots. What are your opinions? I know his super hero work has always been polarizing.
    :
    I read both Something is killing the children and Department of Truth but fell off later on. I'll try rereading them soon. He seems to have a similar problem to Lemire where their work is better read in trades than single issues.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-20-2023 at 09:01 AM.