Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Spiderman status quo changes for the future.

Post wells run what would be a really cool status quo change you would like to see happen in a future run. Let's try not to do the obv answers ie mary jane and peter marrying.

Fine.

Peter and MJ aren’t married… but Mayday shows up.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Peter becomes Captain Universe again and must participate in a massive interstellar tournament against the Multiverse's strongest fighters! TOURNAMENT ARC!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Extraordinary Member

An idea that might help with housekeeping, supply some humor, and also just create some nice sitcom dynamics:

- The spider-people form a text message group and check in on/debrief each other on what’s going on. It starts as them trying to actually form an association or team (like Batman, Inc.), but none of them have the time, money, or temperament for that, and so instead we just get this weekly dose of them shooting **** with each other.

Think Texts From Superheroes, but official, exclusively spider-flavored, and maintaining goofy little side-plots. Maybe Kaine starts flirting with Silk, Peter tries out teen slang that Miles has to stop, and maybe one day Ben somehow got ahold of the text number and the group has to debate whether to block him or allow him because he keeps rambling and giving away his plans, etc.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Peter gets on twitter

Theresa shows back up, and she and Felicia do not get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Peter gets on twitter
    Peter discovers Twitter.
    Learns of Peter B. Parker from ATSV and how much better his life is in comparison.
    Destroys computer in rage.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Peter discovers Twitter.
    Learns of Peter B. Parker from ATSV and how much better his life is in comparison.
    Destroys computer in rage.
    I was thinking more along these lines:

iron-man-cantwell-04-e1619078924141.jpg

LMAO! Everyone is all mad because the TV is out, that is hilarious.

With this status quo, the brand will focus on relatable scenarios to make characters feel sympathetic and human. But also, characters I like get bigger roles.

1. Spider-Man brings in his amazing friend, Hellion. The book will switch the POV between them every other arc.
    2. Paper Doll is a recurring villain, and eventually get a story arc where she eventually redeems herself.
    3. Paper Doll becomes an actress and kills her inferior coworkers. It's just a thing that happens sometimes.
    4. Unpopular stories will always be acknowledged by MJ and Pete as casually saying that Mysterio did it. "Remember when Mysterio made us believe we were separated by a Mayan god, and MJ was with a guy named Paul for several years? Man, those were a crazy 2 days."
    5. Paul is just part of the cast for the next 7-15 years, randomly showing up to try and help or reveal things about the plot. No one remembers who he is because he's from the last run.
    6. For multi-media synergy, Aunt May will be redesigned to reflect all the younger interpretations we always get. She's now addicted to plastic surgery and keeps looking younger and younger every issue she's in. The bills racking up will ensure that Peter still struggles with money.
    7. Peter and MJ are together. In order to compromise with single Spidey fans, they try for a polyamorous romance and rotate in a third every so often. So you'll get Felicia, or Betty, or Carlie, or Mysterio, or Mrs. Negative.
    8. Mysterio's robot daughter is back, but is a recurring villain for Silk.
    9. There's a kid at Miles' school called Milo. He looks, sounds, dresses and speaks exactly like Miles and just slowly replaces him in his friend group.

My favorite part of the run is when Tony got trolled and deleted his Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Peter gets a job in some media venture where he's more of a science photographer/ reporter. This would also be a chance to introduce some new supporting characters. I like the idea of pairing him (not romantically) with a reporter (maybe to help him with his writing) who has unconventional takes on stuff.

A young woman who is similar to Zendaya's MJ learns his secret identity, but keeps it to herself for a few months. She might be a potential romantic interest.

Sara Bailey from Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine returns to Peter's life.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 07-09-2023 at 03:36 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Here’s one for a villain with major impacts on Peter’s life: Norman gets his “sins” back and the Green Goblin returns, and gets severely injured, with a. Long recovery even given their healing factor… but we go back to two personalities in one body.

Norman retains *all* their knowledge, including Spidey’s ID, and wants to fully retire from the supervillain life and just be a morally ambiguous, mildly corrupt corporate executive who occasionally blackmails Peter to specific problems he wants solved first, and tries to keep himself so medicated the Goblin can’t get out… and the Goblin lurks in the background, figuring out ways to circumvent Norman and plot his return and revenge.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

The comics version of Zendaya MJ was already done, she's called Barbara instead of Michelle though and is Miles's ex-girlfriend. Payback for MCU Peter using Ganke as "Ned Leeds" meaning Ganke now can't be used if they introduce an MCU Miles.

How about this: Peter goes back to ESU as a lecturer (teaching science of course). Miles, having graduated high school, turns out to be one of his students, as does Gwen (who's already established to be a student at ESU). Hijinks ensue as he can't reveal he already knows them. That set up would allow for easy crossovers between the Amazing and Miles books.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Peter gets a job in some media venture where he's more of a science photographer/ reporter. This would also be a chance to introduce some new supporting characters. I like the idea of pairing him (not romantically) with a reporter (maybe to help him with his writing) who has unconventional takes on stuff.

A young woman who is similar to Zendaya's MJ learns his secret identity, but keeps it to herself for a few months. She might be a potential romantic interest.

Sara Bailey from Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine returns to Peter's life.
    Peter Parker has been around for over 60 years. And we've seen how little anyone discussion is around anyone who isn't MJ.

You could get away with this with Miles Morales, but Peter's love life is pretty settled on this front. If it's not MJ, nobody is going to care.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Here’s one for a villain with major impacts on Peter’s life: Norman gets his “sins” back and the Green Goblin returns, and gets severely injured, with a. Long recovery even given their healing factor… but we go back to two personalities in one body.

Norman retains *all* their knowledge, including Spidey’s ID, and wants to fully retire from the supervillain life and just be a morally ambiguous, mildly corrupt corporate executive who occasionally blackmails Peter to specific problems he wants solved first, and tries to keep himself so medicated the Goblin can’t get out… and the Goblin lurks in the background, figuring out ways to circumvent Norman and plot his return and revenge.
    That seems a better way to use him as an antagonist than just to have the Goblin acting out from Joker syndrome all the time.
    (It's ambiguous whether Norman has ever had two personalities in one body in Earth-616 - I think the first media to do that were eighties cartoons. But that doesn't make it a bad status quo.)
    I suppose the interest of Norman as a villain is the contrast between the authoritarian and unfeeling corporate executive persona and the unhinged camp fantasy villain persona. Readings of Norman that let the Goblin predominate don't work well for me. I suppose there should be some feeling that just as the Goblin is the unacknowledged shadow side of the corporate executive so the Goblin is still the corporate executive underneath.

They should have Peter get his doctorate and get work lecturing or research in a non-tenure track job. (His postgraduate advisor being a part-time reptile doesn't help his career prospects.) That gives Marvel ample room for Peter to keep trying and failing at something, namely getting a tenure track job, and it would be realistic.
    Last edited by Daibhidh; 07-09-2023 at 03:59 PM.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi