Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Peter Parker has been around for over 60 years. And we've seen how little anyone discussion is around anyone who isn't MJ.

You could get away with this with Miles Morales, but Peter's love life is pretty settled on this front. If it's not MJ, nobody is going to care.
    It's a different dynamic that works.

But even the ones who hate it will care.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Peter Parker has been around for over 60 years. And we've seen how little anyone discussion is around anyone who isn't MJ.

You could get away with this with Miles Morales, but Peter's love life is pretty settled on this front. If it's not MJ, nobody is going to care.
    The irony is that if we had ever gotten a new main timeline, there would be more room for this kind of thing.

It's how we got Cat Grant over in Superman.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    The irony is that if we had ever gotten a new main timeline, there would be more room for this kind of thing.

It's how we got Cat Grant over in Superman.
    I think that might be the reason they are doing a new Ultimate Universe. More freedom to do what they want as opposed to being shackled to 616 continuity.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's a different dynamic that works.

But even the ones who hate it will care.
    Nobody seems to care about the current romance with the Black Cat. And she's The Black Cat.

Most discussion still revolves around MJ.

Bringing back a character from a mini from about a decade ago doesn't mean a thing. And trying to recreate a dynamic with a movie character but calling her something else isn't going to move the needle either since the movie cast an A-list star and said her character was a multiversal variant of MJ Watson. If it ain't MJ, nobody is going to care.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    An idea that might help with housekeeping, supply some humor, and also just create some nice sitcom dynamics:

- The spider-people form a text message group and check in on/debrief each other on what’s going on. It starts as them trying to actually form an association or team (like Batman, Inc.), but none of them have the time, money, or temperament for that, and so instead we just get this weekly dose of them shooting shit with each other.

Think Texts From Superheroes, but official, exclusively spider-flavored, and maintaining goofy little side-plots. Maybe Kaine starts flirting with Silk, Peter tries out teen slang that Miles has to stop, and maybe one day Ben somehow got ahold of the text number and the group has to debate whether to block him or allow him because he keeps rambling and giving away his plans, etc.
    And then at some point, they web him down and get him some damn help, realizing that all his rambling about his schemes for revenge on Peter are exactly that --- a thus-far-unheeded cry for help.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Here’s one for a villain with major impacts on Peter’s life: Norman gets his “sins” back and the Green Goblin returns, and gets severely injured, with a. Long recovery even given their healing factor… but we go back to two personalities in one body.

Norman retains *all* their knowledge, including Spidey’s ID, and wants to fully retire from the supervillain life and just be a morally ambiguous, mildly corrupt corporate executive who occasionally blackmails Peter to specific problems he wants solved first, and tries to keep himself so medicated the Goblin can’t get out… and the Goblin lurks in the background, figuring out ways to circumvent Norman and plot his return and revenge.
    That could work. I'd definitely go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    With this status quo, the brand will focus on relatable scenarios to make characters feel sympathetic and human. But also, characters I like get bigger roles.

1. Spider-Man brings in his amazing friend, Hellion. The book will switch the POV between them every other arc.
    2. Paper Doll is a recurring villain, and eventually get a story arc where she eventually redeems herself.
    3. Paper Doll becomes an actress and kills her inferior coworkers. It's just a thing that happens sometimes.
    4. Unpopular stories will always be acknowledged by MJ and Pete as casually saying that Mysterio did it. "Remember when Mysterio made us believe we were separated by a Mayan god, and MJ was with a guy named Paul for several years? Man, those were a crazy 2 days."
    5. Paul is just part of the cast for the next 7-15 years, randomly showing up to try and help or reveal things about the plot. No one remembers who he is because he's from the last run.
    6. For multi-media synergy, Aunt May will be redesigned to reflect all the younger interpretations we always get. She's now addicted to plastic surgery and keeps looking younger and younger every issue she's in. The bills racking up will ensure that Peter still struggles with money.
    7. Peter and MJ are together. In order to compromise with single Spidey fans, they try for a polyamorous romance and rotate in a third every so often. So you'll get Felicia, or Betty, or Carlie, or Mysterio, or Mrs. Negative.
    8. Mysterio's robot daughter is back, but is a recurring villain for Silk.
    9. There's a kid at Miles' school called Milo. He looks, sounds, dresses and speaks exactly like Miles and just slowly replaces him in his friend group.

My favorite part of the run is when Tony got trolled and deleted his Twitter.

Most of those, I like or at least think could be potentially interesting and/or amusing. Hellion is of course the highlight. I'd even throw in Nate Grey returning from the other dimension he f***ed off to at the end of Age of X-Man and wanting to "take back" his place as Peter's best psychic mutant friend from Hellion.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The comics version of Zendaya MJ was already done, she's called Barbara instead of Michelle though and is Miles's ex-girlfriend. Payback for MCU Peter using Ganke as "Ned Leeds" meaning Ganke now can't be used if they introduce an MCU Miles.

How about this: Peter goes back to ESU as a lecturer (teaching science of course). Miles, having graduated high school, turns out to be one of his students, as does Gwen (who's already established to be a student at ESU). Hijinks ensue as he can't reveal he already knows them. That set up would allow for easy crossovers between the Amazing and Miles books.
    So she’s BJ? Is that what we’re saying?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Mighty Member

If the marriage is off the table, I'd like Mary Jane to be written out for the next run. Realistically speaking though, I don't think they would do that because that cuts out a sales/marketing tactic with all of the MJ variants. And I think they recognize, if MJ's out of the picture for too long, then a sizeable portion of the fanbase loses interest.

If I had to predict, I think Wells will lead to a Peter and MJ reconciliation by the end of his run despite all of the chaos and controversy. I'm not sure where you take this relationship in the next run if not marriage though. Whatever it is, it would be nice to have a run sans Peter and Mary Jane drama.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 07-09-2023 at 08:24 PM.

I want Peter to take a vacation away from new york does his hero work somewhere else for like 6 months so new supporting cast new villains if possible.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Nobody seems to care about the current romance with the Black Cat. And she's The Black Cat.

Most discussion still revolves around MJ.

Bringing back a character from a mini from about a decade ago doesn't mean a thing. And trying to recreate a dynamic with a movie character but calling her something else isn't going to move the needle either since the movie cast an A-list star and said her character was a multiversal variant of MJ Watson. If it ain't MJ, nobody is going to care.
    At the moment, some of the people who would care about a new girlfriend about Peter Parker (even just to hate her) seem too busy slut-shaming Mary Jane. I personally don't think it makes sense, given that she was in the other dimension for years before she acted on it, and the implication that Paul's literally been castrated, so the relationship is emotional more than sexual.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I want Peter to take a vacation away from new york does his hero work somewhere else for like 6 months so new supporting cast new villains if possible.
    What place other than Manhattan is an even halfway decent stage to showcase Spider-Man's power set?

It would have to be something like Tokyo.

Peter grows SIX extra arms.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    What place other than Manhattan is an even halfway decent stage to showcase Spider-Man's power set?

It would have to be something like Tokyo.
    I be down for that

Screenshot 2023-07-09 234250.jpg
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    At the moment, some of the people who would care about a new girlfriend about Peter Parker (even just to hate her) seem too busy slut-shaming Mary Jane. I personally don't think it makes sense, given that she was in the other dimension for years before she acted on it, and the implication that Paul's literally been castrated, so the relationship is emotional more than sexual.
    This sounds like a different conversation than the one we've been having, lol.

At this moment in time, Peter has a girlfriend in the Black Cat. But there don't seem to be many people who actually care about that relationship. MJ still dominates the conversation. I don't think a new love interest would be able to capture the attention of Spider-Man comic fandom at this point (and never could, if you want my honest opinion).

Fantastic Member

This sounds like a different conversation than the one we've been having, lol.

At this moment in time, Peter has a girlfriend in the Black Cat. But there don't seem to be many people who actually care about that relationship. MJ still dominates the conversation. I don't think a new love interest would be able to capture the attention of Spider-Man comic fandom at this point (and never could, if you want my honest opinion).
    It really does kind of suck i just cant get behind the Black Cat relationship because of how kind of dull its been so far. Out of all the writing in the current run, they really haven't moved anything from the old dynamic it use to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt14teg View Post
    Out of all the writing in the current run, they really haven't moved anything from the old dynamic it use to have.
    Felicia/Peter has run on unresolvable sexual tension ever since the nineties. Before that it ran on Felicia having a crush based on the fantasy that Peter was Bruce Wayne. Now there isn't that, there's just a watered down version of Peter/MJ with none of the tension caused by them each having two worlds and only really sharing one. (The tensions in the Peter/MJ relationship are actually a good thing because the couple work through them.)
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi