Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Weakest Meta/Mutant who can beat the Flash.

Could Captain Cold win a rumble? Who else. Wally West.

It would have to be someone who doesn’t have a physical body, is too tough for Flash to hurt and can come back from a ring out. Otherwise Flash blitzes everyone.

Is Deadman immune to speedsteals?
    Chief Curmudgeon

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

they'd have to be tough enough/immune to physical damage to survive the blizt, because i don't know of any mutant or meta outside of the flash family who can come close to matching wally's speed.

Isn't the Shadow King noncorporeal?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

One of my discussions with The Dork Knight revolved around 'Could Classic Strange beat the Flash in a fight?' It's rather telling that the end result we kinda decided upon was 'If Strange has a second or so to fiddle with his shields, sure. If not, maybe the Flash wins' (it's not a certainty, but it's surely a distinct possibility).

That says a lot.

I could find characters who win, but obviously the issue is 'weakest' character that can win. And when we're into 'I THINK Classic Strange takes it, but I'm not 100% sure' we're into that territory.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Maybe Ice Man? I'm pretty sure he doesn't need his body to stay in tact to work his mojo

Wundarr the Aquarian, maybe. He can only lift one ton, but is constantly surrounded by a null energy field that nullifies all energy (including kinetic) above a low threshold set by the field itself. That threshold is low enough that he is, for example, effectively bulletproof, as bullets fired at him will enter the field and immediately lose their energy and fall to the ground. The null field is on even if he is unconscious, to a default range of five feet. If Wundarr is conscious, he can adjust the field range anywhere from five inches to five hundred feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Maybe Ice Man? I'm pretty sure he doesn't need his body to stay in tact to work his mojo
    He can be have his speed stolen or thrown into the Speed Force.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Wundarr the Aquarian, maybe. He can only lift one ton, but is constantly surrounded by a null energy field that nullifies all energy (including kinetic) above a low threshold set by the field itself. That threshold is low enough that he is, for example, effectively bulletproof, as bullets fired at him will enter the field and immediately lose their energy and fall to the ground. The null field is on even if he is unconscious, to a default range of five feet. If Wundarr is conscious, he can adjust the field range anywhere from five inches to five hundred feet.
    I had to look this guy up. But he might be the one. he also has an energy blast.

I mean, so long as they can sneak up on him before he activates his speed abilities, they have a pretty good chance. Or, like in Tower of Babel, tale advantage of his need to save people with a hidden trap or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I mean, so long as they can sneak up on him before he activates his speed abilities, they have a pretty good chance. Or, like in Tower of Babel, tale advantage of his need to save people with a hidden trap or something.
    I don't think he activates them. He always has them.

And since this isn't specified, it's the Arena so nobody to distract him.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I don't think he activates them. He always has them.
    This part.

The Flash has been shot at while he wasn't aware of the shooter. The bullet touched the back of his neck. Noting the feeling, he then wandered around the bullet and had a look at it.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Isn't the Shadow King noncorporeal?
    He is, and he's the first person I thought of.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He is, and he's the first person I thought of.
    the closest counter to that is a feat for the flash in "kingdom come", where he's able to notice a guy who spent the majority of the novel being invisible and unnoticeable and then proceeded to just pull the guy into normal reality.

but that was "kingdom come". not sure if wally could do it or not.