Default Did Bruce Wayne receive any Amazon training?

When he was out walking the Earth and mastering different fighting styles did Bruce manage to study on Themyscira?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    When he was out walking the Earth and mastering different fighting styles did Bruce manage to study on Themyscira?
    On Themyscira, no.

They play fast and loose with this rule nowadays, but it's traditional that man can't set foot there. I also don't recall any Bana Midghal ever mentioned (may be wrong on this one, though. Some Batman scholar please correct me if that's the case)

However, it's been shown a few times that he has an habit of sparring with Diana (kudos on her restrain, lol), so even if he has no Amazon training from before he became Batman, he sure got some knowledge after. (And that probably can be extrapolated for Dick and Roy with Donna, as well).
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

In addition to Amazon training, he also received training from Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    On Themyscira, no.

They play fast and loose with this rule nowadays, but it's traditional that man can't set foot there. I also don't recall any Bana Midghal ever mentioned (may be wrong on this one, though. Some Batman scholar please correct me if that's the case)

However, it's been shown a few times that he has an habit of sparring with Diana (kudos on her restrain, lol), so even if he has no Amazon training from before he became Batman, he sure got some knowledge after. (And that probably can be extrapolated for Dick and Roy with Donna, as well).
    ^^^Thanks for the great answer!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    In addition to Amazon training, he also received training from Walmart.
    Did he also get Waffle House training? If so, I will finally accept he is one of the toughest fighters on the planet as throwing hands is part of the job description.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Did he also get Waffle House training? If so, I will finally accept he is one of the toughest fighters on the planet as throwing hands is part of the job description.
    ^^^Now THAT i believe.

Not to be a wisenheimer, but when I read the title, I thought of that pic of Wonder Woman standing with one foot on Batman's head. The Amazon trained him.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Not to be a wisenheimer, but when I read the title, I thought of that pic of Wonder Woman standing with one foot on Batman's head. The Amazon trained him.
    ^^^The Amazon SCHOOLED him!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Oh . I still haven't read that one.
    "Cable was right!"

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Please just no.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Logically, Bruce would've only found that the Amazons existed when Diana showed up publicly so when would he even get Amazon training. Why would an Amazon even train him since he's a dude?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Please just no.
    ^^^No?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Logically, Bruce would've only found that the Amazons existed when Diana showed up publicly so when would he even get Amazon training. Why would an Amazon even train him since he's a dude?
    ^^^Logic and comics aren’t mutually exclusive though.

Besides, w. all the retcons and reboots, all the Golden Age books I’ve never read, I figured why not ask.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Oh . I still haven't read that one.
    You won’t regret it. Well, maybe you’ll regret it as it will make you want to read more Wonder Woman and that is a path to regular disappointment. But otherwise, Hiketeia is an amazing story. It’s a fantastic examination of morality and ethics. It does make a Batman a bit of a heel, but that’s a given and the girl did commit cold blooded premeditated murder. It’s very similar to the Bad Day series, as the girl that invokes Hiketeia Lisbeth Salandered her way through a gang that lured women in with fake promises of modeling and then trafficked them.

In another genre, she’d be a complicated antihero (I said Lisbeth Salander, but this character never went as far as Lisbeth and maybe if she had Batman would have given her a pass). But this is a story with Batman and Wonder Woman…and the ending is still brutal yet right.

Also, Bruce gets schooled. The Furies are main characters. Wonder Woman has to deal with culture clashes.