Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

In the debut story we saw 5 of them; Serafina, Fuego, Perro, Aguya and Sangre

The second group, we a bit later, under leadership of Cadena, which then included Corregidora, Martillo, Olvido, Luz and Piedra Dura.

Recently Diamante and Madre were revealed as members as well (they were boring though)

This shows at least Serafina, Perro and Fuego of the first group will return, as well as Cadena and Martillo from the second group.

I really hope for Olvido, Luz and Piedra Dura to return as well, as I liked the way they acted and looked.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I was not a total fan of Serafina's redesign but I love her in this preview.
    Wait actually the white haired woman might no be her as we see her bald design near MasterMold.

VERY glad to see Cadena.
    I think its her next evolution.
    And i just realised you can see Perro and Fuego merged as well O_O

ggggg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    Yes but we KNOW the CotV Want to commit their own genocide across the universe so the two aren't the same. I wonder if they'd try to play nice with Nimrod and the other Sentinels since destroying them would also be "Genocide"
    What's interesting is that the Children are going to be positioning themselves as the "saviors of humanity" in this. It seems they're evolving their process and perhaps slightly deviating from their "we must kill everything at once!" theme a little bit.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Is this inspired by the opening arc of Grant Morrison's JLA? Looks like the Children will be playing a similar role to the Hyperclan.
    You're right, very good catch, I think the parallels are undeniable. And humanity never learns LOL

Mighty Member

Of the new version of the Children

Looks like

Serafina, Aguja, Martillo and some weird fusion of Perro and Fuego

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    See Duggan's Cable run. And also Cable Reloaded by Ewing. Nathan has basically built a number of bionic arms with different functionality that can bond with his T-O mesh, so he can switch them in and out. Not something he's done historically, but rather a new addition it would seem... though it does kind of explain why his arm often looks different at times, depending on the artist. So I think perhaps it's a clever way to explain that away.

Al Ewing has also more recently given his techno-organics a different look, starting with the final two issues of S.W.O.R.D. when Cable over-extended himself using his TK to control the descent of The Peak space station as it fell to Earth. It took on a look more akin to its transmode virus source code, rather than the way it has always looked as "the Apocalypse strain" (i.e., more metallic). So it was black with glowing blue highlights, similar to how Warlock and Magus and the Technarch look (though they're black with glowing yellow highlights). And that look still pops up from time to time too (most notably after Cable was resurrected in Judgment Day), though we've not been given a reason for it. And the next time we saw Nathan his left arm was metallic again.

It seems that that's the default look of the virus now, until he snaps on a different metallic arm (such as the "stealth arm" Hope fashioned for him when she resurrected him earlier on in Ewing's X-men Red run). It's all a bit cluttered and confusing at this stage, so hopefully someone cleans it up and explains what's going on with it. But I think it has something to do with why Nathan wanted to be brought back with the virus, in that he has learned to control and manipulate it better. My head canon says that it's because the virus itself mutated due to exposure to radiation from the fall to Earth of The Peak space station in those final issues of S.W.O.R.D. So it's natural that Cable wanted to A) study it and B) master it.
    Fair enough... But, if it's not broken don't try to fix it. And, retconning Cable into The Six Million Dollar Man is a downgrade as opposed to an upgrade AFAIK; thus breaking him.

When Nathan was acknowledged as being partially T/O he was capable of manipulating the virus into just about anything he needed including integrating Ship's AI (and the ability to Bodyslide) into his being during the Fatal Attractions arc.

Don't disagree. Not sure why they've been messing around with his T-O at all. Honestly it felt like Al Ewing was going somewhere with that, but he seems to have dropped it. If you look at the covers to CotV #1 and the recently released #3, however, Nathan's arm is in that weird transmode looking black-blue state that it's been in for part of the time Ewing has had him.

Honestly, it just feels like Ewing made an artistic choice to depict his T-O differently, perhaps to contrast Cable with all the loads of other characters with bionic limbs. Especially Winter Soldier, whose bionic arm was pretty incredibly depicted on the big screen already (beating Cable to the punch) and who will apparently lead the new Thunderbolts. So I think it was as much an aesthetic choice as anything, and he really has yet to justify why it happened. But it hasn't been consistent either. Nathan seems to go back and forth between a more traditional looking T-O arm and the new Warlock-y one.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 07-11-2023 at 10:49 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Of the new version of the Children

Looks like

Serafina, Aguja, Martillo and some weird fusion of Perro and Fuego
    Here is your answer:

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

The second group, we a bit later, under leadership of Cadena, which then included Corregidora, Martillo, Olvido, Luz and Piedra Dura.

Recently Diamante and Madre were revealed as members as well (they were boring though)

This shows at least Serafina, Perro and Fuego of the first group will return, as well as Cadena and Martillo from the second group.

I really hope for Olvido, Luz and Piedra Dura to return as well, as I liked the way they acted and looked.
    If you read the interview, you can read they are every time different versions. So that one is Fuego, just another updated and later version with the same name.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

This Mini needs more ROGUEAR.

I Mean Carey created these fellas for her...

I'm super interested in seeing the "merged" Children Camp mentioned. Those are gonna be some powerhouses.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Luz definitely needs to come back but I'm not sure a rogue Child would fit the story. Guess we'll see !

Definitely looking forward to this more for the Cable/Bishop team up than the CotV. They've never really been interesting villains for me. Sangre was the only one I thought was cool.
    The CotV faces look Clay Mann-esque in their semi-sketchiness. Fitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Is this inspired by the opening arc of Grant Morrison's JLA? Looks like the Children will be playing a similar role to the Hyperclan.
    Epic comparison. I hope this is even half as good as that. Will the advanced cities they build crumble once the CotV are defeated? I hope so. #petty
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    You're right, very good catch, I think the parallels are undeniable. And humanity never learns LOL
    Of course not. They hate mutants so badly they'll cheer anyone or anything that's against mutants, never mind that most of those other forces have no great love for humanity, either, and are just exploiting their blind hate and fear to get a following until they don't need them anymore. Then the knives come out, so to speak.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'm in. I mean, I already was, but glad to see it looks cool.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Looks good.