Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Takkun/Naota Swung the Bat (FLCL/Fooly Cooly):

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-21-2023 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

One of my favorite action scenes is the fight scene in Calamity of a Zombie Girl between the Zombie Girl and the Martial Arts Girl.
    Trailer for move:

Sadly I can't find the whole scene on youtube - I can find the gory end of the scene where the Zombie Girl kills martial arts girl (didn't share here cause extremely gory), but I can't find the fight itself. I love this scene because it's sort of the anti-Batman fight scene in a way - a "realistic/grounded" take on what would happen if a skilled martial artist had to fight someone with super strength. The martial arts girl for all her skill can't actually hurt the zombie girl or really pose a threat to her in any way, and once her luck turns the zombie girl kills her in probably the goriest scene of this incredibly gory anime film. But for a good little bit before the zombie gets a hold of her arm and breaks it and it goes all nightmare fuel death scene the martial artist is actually kind of holding her own - she can't damage the zombie girl, but she leads the zombie away from her friends, dodges all the zombie's attacks until the brutal ending, and provides a damn good nuisance to the zombie girl. Like I said, I like it because it's a reverse of the Batman vs superpowered person scene - the skilled martial artist has no chance of winning against that kind of power, yet in spite of her inevitable loss and death really shows how good her skills are and makes an impressive showing against a superpowered individual through skill alone. It's not enough to win, but that's kind of what makes it memorable to me, it's a good showing against a force she could never hope to beat.

This is also just a good and deeply underrated movie in my opinion and I highly recommend giving it a watch. Even outside this fight scene it's just a crazy film that pulls no punches on the premise.

Hei vs Mina Hazuki (Darker Than Black -Ryusei no Gemini episode 11-12)

"Blockbuster" (FLCL/Fooly Cooly):

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-21-2023 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.