Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mighty Member

Spider-Man: Edge of Time
    Platforms: PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PC
    Released: October 4th, 2011
    Notables: First Mention of Gwen Stacy? I think?
    Rating: 8/10
    Thoughts: I feel like i've come full circle. I remember when this game was announced and there was a whole big topic on this board about it. It was the first time it'd happened when I was on the board. While I'd started reading in 2010 I was just reading for the first several months, not really talking about it. A very quick turnaround, only about a year from Shattered Dimensions, now that I've got context for that one there's definitely a lot of reused assets here. At the time I was pretty hyped for this though, because they made a big deal that they got Peter David to do the story and dialogue, and by this time I had realized Peter David was the best Peter Parker writer and one of the best Spidey Scribes of all time. Not to mention he was the creator of Miguel.Really, despite my deep appreciation for the Noir universe and the ways they use everyone in that one, this was definitely eh right pair to pick from the last game if they could only do two. I really must empasize the impressive work and decision making here from Beenox. With only a year to deliver, even back then that was a quick turnaround, they made a ton of smart calls. While Shattered Dimensions had been very expansive, with four Spider-Men and multi--tiered upgrade systems and basically every villain from Spidey's gallery, Edge of Time is a more focused affair. Obvious they didn't have time, they made Edge of Time a more story-focused and cinematic affair. The game opens with Miguel crawling through the vents with credits in teh background listening to Val Kilmer play the primary antagonist. While the graphical style is unified there are several more extensive CG cutscenes for key story moments, and both Josh Keaton and Christopher Daniel Barnes are given a ton of banter to keep you entertained. This is an action adventure with a heavy emphasis on story, and I was surprised I liked it as much if not more this time around as I did the last time I played it ten years ago. It probably wouldn't hold up if I played it again too soon, but as a Spider-Man fan this is a good piece of Spider-Man media by one of the best Spider-Man writers.

But that gameplay....isn't as bad as I was fearing. Really, having played Shattered Dimensions right before this, this is very similar to that. The characters borrow animations but do play somewhat differently from their predecessor versions. Light Attack "ranged" attack that double as a heavy in combos, web shots, web swinging which feels super unimportant since you're in a building the whole game, and then either a web strike or a decoy grab (you go to them or they come to you). Enemy variety isn't huge but it's enough that you do have to pay attention during fights. Stuns are a little too frequent, but you can prioritize the enemies that cause them and enemy shields require you to vary your attacks a bit. Enemy variety is again what I would call sufficient. They try and cheat a bit because there are two versions of every enemy, one present and one future, but while they look different their attacks are identical.. Still, between the big guys and stun guys and long range sniper guys fights were varied enough I had to always pay attention. I can also tell there was some effort taken to vary the Spider-Men a bit but I'm not sure how successful it was. Like I can tell Miguell seems to have wider range on his attacks but I'm not sure what the compensation was for Peter. They do differentiate in two bigger ways. One, as mentioned before, Peter has the by now familiar web strike (shoot a web at a bad guy, uses it to pull himself to the bad guy with a kick), while Miguel has the decoy strike, where he sends out copies of himself to pull the enemies in. Sometimes this will change how you have to fight, but only sometimes. The other is their defensive skill. Peter's is just hyperchanging his Spider-Sense so he dodges everything (and I do mean everything). This does let him run through lasers and stuff but that's more an environmental thing than a combat one. Miguel gets accelerated decoy, which causes him to be "invisible" and leave behind a decoy the enemy will attack. This just gives him more options than Peter for tricky plays, though he does still seem vulnerable while Peter just seems invincble. Both of these drain a meter pretty quickly,, but it also recharges quickly, so you're able to do a lot with them. If you use the defensive skill right as you're getting hit, instead of using meter immediately, you'll actually gain some and have "overcharge", which, if you buy upgrades, allow for super moves which are pretty useful. Upgrades themselves are changed, no longer doyou HAVE to complete challenges to open up upgrades, but there are challenges. These kind of suck though. There are three levels and only the Gold is worthwhile, getting sivler or bronze only awards a negligible amount of currency, while Gold gives a gold spider (which you can also find around the world and from beating certain groups of enemies), which are used to upgrade your health and special meters, and as such are quite valuable. The falling scenes from the 2099 sections of Shattered Dimensions return but have been changed a bit. In SD these were IIRc always chases, while you did have to dodge some attacks in the final boss, here these are much more dodging focused. You'll not be chasing a bad guy to beat up but will be trying to get places and avoid all the stuff that's in your way. They start simple but eventually move up to having moving obstacles and tight windows. There's not really any equivalent for Peter though. Honestly if there's one consistent complaint across these two games is that they kind of neglect the original. It's not like he plays bad, but he never feels special compared to the others. He's not really the Amazing Spider-Man, he's just...Spider-Man (I mean still better than the Ineffectual Spider-Man we're dealing with right now).

And yet, as a Spider-Man fan, I think....this might be the game I recommend the most? Shattered Dimensions, as I mentioned in that game's blurb, was a really good video game that was funny but very weak on story, especially compared to the games on both sides of it. Web of Shadows was on to something with giving Peter choices, but that same system also led to some weird story beats. But Edge of Time in limiting its focus and hiring Peter David really succeeded in what they wer trying to do. This is a great little Spider-Man/2099 crossover story. Because the two characters have a sort of temporal link Miguel sets up they are bantering with each other the whole time. The game is funny but gets serious at times and treats those moments seriously. Mary Jane makes a little cameo at the beginning and in the middle of the game, Felicia gets thrown in there kinda somehow, Peter gets to moralize about the meaning of Spider-Man, the villains are sufficiently hatable and there's even a nice surprise about 2/3rds of the way through the game. I know this is like the third time I've said it, but the PAD hire pays dividends throughout the game. I did say I found 2099 the funniest in the last game, but to be honest it never really felt like Miguel, that was kind of why the VA seemed out of place. THIS feels like Miguel. And Peter and Miguel are very distinct. They have different priorities and different annoyances. The voices are different, both literally and figuratively. And so for THIS audience i think this is the one pre-2018 Spider-Man game to play. Because this is just a good Spider-Man story. Perhaps an action heavy one, but it still passes muster.

Edge of Time must have been a challenging game for Beenox to make given the time they had, but they absolutley succeeded. They limited their scope and focused on things that they could get done and it basically works. There are definitely times that the game feels like filler and yeah some of the challenges aren't really balanced or hard to redo. And yeah, the game is pretty short. But they set realistic goals and as a result the end product achieves what it sets out to do, which is to be a fun enough Spider-Man game that tells a good Spider-Man story. No, it probably isnt' as good a game as Shatterd Dimensions, but it's a better SPIDER-MAN experience.

Next Up: The Amazing Spider-Man

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Pretty decent assessment of Edge of Time you've got there. I especially loved the reveal of who the true villain was, and how it shook Peter's sense of who he was and was supposed to be. Funny enough, that was PAD's original plan for Spider-Man 2099, if I recall correctly, so I'm glad he got to execute that vision in this.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

I loved Edge of Time as a story experience, and am a bad video game player, so it was great for me!

I especially loved having Barnes and Keaton arguably fit their characters much better than the previous game.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I loved Edge of Time as a story experience, and am a bad video game player, so it was great for me!

I especially loved having Barnes and Keaton arguably fit their characters much better than the previous game.
    I think Josh Keaton and Christopher Daniel-Barnes are the best Peter and Miguel voices, respectively.

(I love Christopher Daniel-Barnes as Peter but I think he's an even better fit for Miguel. There's a deepness/darkness to his voice that just fits.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think Josh Keaton and Christopher Daniel-Barnes are the best Peter and Miguel voices, respectively.

(I love Christopher Daniel-Barnes as Peter but I think he's an even better fit for Miguel. There's a deepness/darkness to his voice that just fits.)
    He's one of the most iconic Black Suit VA's for a reason and not just the memes .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's one of the most iconic Black Suit VA's for a reason and not just the memes .
    Black-Suited Spider-Man's best lines in TAS, at least for me, are when he's seething with menace and barely contained murderous intent, though not necessarily screaming it like he was at Shocker.

To a defeated Rhino, who's pleading that he'd "rather go to jail than be a snitch": "Who said anything about jail?"

To J. Jonah Jameson's security guards, who are warning Spider-Man not to "think about" threatening Jameson further or outright assaulting him: ". . . Who needs to think?"

Mighty Member

The Amazing Spider-Man
    Platforms: PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PC
    Released: June 26th, 2012
    Notables: First appearance of Gwen Stacy, First appearance of Vermin
    Rating: 7/10
    Thoughts: AS has become tradition now, I watched Amazing Spider-Man for the first time since I saw it in theatres before playing the game, and I must say....I LOVE that movie and have always resented its reception. yeah, it was another origin ten years later, but so what? It'd been a decade and the characters were different! And as much as I have reaffirmed my love for the Raimi movies, this feels likee a vision trying to be closer to the Lee/Ditko stuff. Peter is a little meaner, a little more selfish and a little more flawed. Ben gets to live a little longer it seems or at least has more screen time and while I certainly felt bad when Raimi Ben died I was tearing up when Ben died and the subsequent scenes. Despite, or perhaps because, the less melancholy nature of the Amazing Duology compared to the Raimi movies, they do Tragedy so well. One thing I noticed in this watch that I missed my first time through was the Flash subplot. Without question, this is the best version of Flash. Raimi Flash is just a guy for Peter to show up to show his new powers. MCU Flash is kind of a jerk but since he's a nerd as well it doesn't really hit as well. But Amazing Flash starts the game as a COMPLETE Bully. And then Peter humiliates him and that scene after Ben is killed is just perfect. Peter slamming him against the locker and Flash just taking it because he was just there to give his condolences. To then at the end of the movie Flash comes up and hugs Peter from behind and they're all buddy buddy while referencing Flash's love of Spider-Man. I know the sequel didn't have enough time for this stuff, but man I'm sad now that Flash didn't get to the next movie.

Character development and Relationships really are a strong point of the movie. I like how Peter's initial Spider-Man activity isn't about doing good or making money even it's about revenge. He justifies it to himself but when Captain Stacy calls him out and after his sees that Dad's reaction to getting his boy back his priorities change. It's kind of weird but I actually like that Uncle Ben's killer just gets dropped from the plot. Because more important things happen and it shows how Peter is putting the important things first. The PEter and Gwen relationship is developed pretty slow before being all at once which feels authentic to hormonal teenage relationships. I also like how Gwen basically gets tired of waiting for Peter and so just asks him out herself. People have famously compared this Gwen to stealing Mary JAne traits but for the most part I really don't think that's accurate. I think that stems from only thinking Gwen was this boring perfect girlfriend and doesn't get her dynamic elements enough credit. The way she dressed down Flash to get him to stop beating on Peter, the way she pushes herself onto Peter and is just all in on what he wants, all of these are classic Gwen. The ONE thing that I do think is more MJ than Gwen is the Lizard fight in the High School. Coming in to hit the Lizard with the Trophy is...absolutely a MJ move not a Gwen one. Gwen was strong in her own way but she wasn't confronting super villains. Like I have no problem with her trying to hide the device from the Lizard at the end of the movie, but she ain't trying to fight the guy. But, whatever. Minor gripe. I guess since I brought them up I'll mention the few gripes I have that keep this from being the best Spider-Man movie even though I love it. The skater thing, ten years removed, just feels like an odd choice. It doesn't inform anything, it's kind of the wrong crowd for who Peter was, and after he starts being Spider-Man proper it's just gone and never seen again. It's a weird flaw in what would have been an otherwise near perfect characterization. Also, and ther's no avoiding it, that crane scene, lol. Now, watching it again, I had forgotten about the detail where Peter is hurt and is having difficulty traversing (probably because the movie forgets this as soon as he gets to Oscorp). So that makes it a little better, but it's still pretty hokey. S-M2's train scene does a much better job of showing people supporting Spider-Man....while also being irrelevant, haha. But that's basically it. I love Peter's characterization outside fo the skater thing. Tobey's Peter is kind of too sweet. Andrew's is perhaps not quite sweet enough, but overall I prefer the edge. I kind of like the way things are more his fault here. It feels less like he's getting bullied (past the part where he is literally getting bullied) and more like he's reaping what he sows, as painful as it is. And the mistakes he makes aren't these huge things but they turn big and so it's his fault but not at the same time. I love Captain Stacey's death speech where he shows acceptance of Spider-Man but that means he wants him NOT to pursue Gwen, and I like that Gwen figures it out instead of just thinking Peter magically turned into a jerk.

The last thing i will say her is that the casting of this movie is amazing. Martin Sheen, Sally Fields, Dennis Leary, Emma Stone, just magnificent. There's no one who quite steals the show the way Dafoe and Molina did, but it's much more balanced. Everyone is great. The movie did fine, overall, of course, but I really do resent people dismissing it just because we had an origin ten years prior. I'd say this is the second best Spider-Man movie, edging out Spider-Man but not quite being able to reach the perfection that is Spider-Man 2.

Oh, right, the game. Don't misunderstand, I actually really like this game, and their gimmick was enough that this was one of the earlier ones I played. The Amazing Spider-Man is NOT a movie adaptation, it's a movie sequel. And that's pretty cool. ASM the game expands on the cross species concept form teh first game, postulating that after the Lizard Oscorp when kind of crazy and starting adding human DNA to a bunch of animals which created a sort of cross species virus. Gwen gets infected along with a bunch of scientists, and Peter breaks Connors out of prison to develop a cure while Alistair smith works on nanobots that will wipe out the virus that kill anyone infected...including himself, which is an odd oversight, but ok. Look this isn't some amazing story, but it's functional. Peter and Gwen reconnect over the course of the game, Connors gets to redeem himelf (but still has to get his butt kicked as the lizard because movie tie-in!) If you liked the movie, I think this is worth a playthrough to get more of that world.

As for the gameplay.....It finally happened that I found a game I liked less this time around. Honestly, I think ASM is pretty impressive, but what came after it makes it...less fun. See I would say this is almost a proto-Spider-Man (2018). This is an open world game like Spider-Man 2 or Web of Shadows and they adapt the Batman combat of the arkham games, albeit in a much more direct way than the Insomniac game would. Web Zipping has been "upgraded" to their Weeb Rush, which allows you to slow time to pinpoint a spot to go to and move quickly. throughout the open world. Everything is kind of there. But nothing is quite as satisfying. Like the first time I opened the map of Manhattan I literally lol'd. It's....well it's not impressive, go look it up. I know this was Beenox's first open world, and I definitely appreciate not going too big when you can't do it right, but this Manhattan is smaller than Spider-Man 2's. Ther are GOOD collectibles int eh form of comic pages (700 of them) that unlock real comic books to read, but that's kind of it. The combat works but it's not as tight or satisfying as what it would become or what Arkham had. There are side quests and crimes but not a ton of incentive to do them (a couple of upgrades are locked behind some but not all of them). There's upgrades that matter but not that many. It's not that this game is bad, it just suffers the most from what I was discussing before about how badly these games compare to the Insomniac game (spoilers:i'm already there, it's a big gap), this one suffers the most from it because it's the closest to that game...besides its sequel. It's got all this stuff and all that stuff is just kinda worse.

Fun Fact: black Cat is in this game. I mean, of course she is. Game Developers LOVE Felicia, at least since it went 3-D. She's in like two games prior to 2000 and then in all but Spider-Man: The Movie,Spider-Man 3, and technically Miles Morales (though she's only in the DLC of Insomniac) after that. But I never remembered her. but when you break connors out you see her break out. Thing is, that was the last I saw her. But when I was playing the Sequel, she was acting like she'd seen me before and I was confused. Turns out, there's a side quest where she robs a bank and you fight her. I've beaten this game two times and I literally never saw her (I guess except for in that opening break out). Wild. I knew she was in the sequel, but yeah, she's just kind of buried here.

Amazing Spider-Man is a game I remembered fondly and still basically do, but for the story. I appreciate this following up on the movie, and for that I would recommend this to anyone who liked that movie. As a game it's functional but is basically too close to a much better one to have a lot of value. It's Beenox's worst effort so far, but still has enough to recommend it to Spidey fans.

Next Up:The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Pretty decent assessment of Edge of Time you've got there. I especially loved the reveal of who the true villain was, and how it shook Peter's sense of who he was and was supposed to be. Funny enough, that was PAD's original plan for Spider-Man 2099, if I recall correctly, so I'm glad he got to execute that vision in this.
    Thanks! I worry they're getting a little shorter with all of these done so quickly but....20th is coming.

I didn't know that was his original intent. I think it works better here when it's kind of a mistake of the timeline rather than "the future".

I always lament they derailed that line, though to be honest when Miguel's ex-fiance who was clearly still in love with him (and him her) was shacking up with his Dad PAD kinda lost me haha. Ultimate cruelty there.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

Yes I've long maintained that PAD is the best Peter writer and he's obviously much better at Miguel than anyone. I think the original VA from Shattered Dimensions does a good job, but Miguel is just kind of written wrong in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post

For me CDB is the best Peter voice as well, though I appreciate Keaton fine and can work with him. The thing you like about him beging Miguel is why I prefer his Peter. It's just a little more serious and a little more of an edge and I like Peter with a little more of an edge.

That said, they are definitely the two you get and I would definitely prefer CDB do Miguel than Keaton so this is probably the best way it could have worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Thanks! I worry they're getting a little shorter with all of these done so quickly but....20th is coming.

I didn't know that was his original intent. I think it works better here when it's kind of a mistake of the timeline rather than "the future".

I always lament they derailed that line, though to be honest when Miguel's ex-fiance who was clearly still in love with him (and him her) was shacking up with his Dad PAD kinda lost me haha. Ultimate cruelty there.

Yes I've long maintained that PAD is the best Peter writer and he's obviously much better at Miguel than anyone. I think the original VA from Shattered Dimensions does a good job, but Miguel is just kind of written wrong in that game.

For me CDB is the best Peter voice as well, though I appreciate Keaton fine and can work with him. The thing you like about him beging Miguel is why I prefer his Peter. It's just a little more serious and a little more of an edge and I like Peter with a little more of an edge.

That said, they are definitely the two you get and I would definitely prefer CDB do Miguel than Keaton so this is probably the best way it could have worked out.
    His dad who drugged him to try to keep him with Alchemax and thus set the stage for him becoming Spider-Man and all the trauma that followed in the first place . . . yeah, that was f***ed up.

Mighty Member

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    Platforms: PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii, PC
    Released: April 29th, 2014
    Notables: None, really
    Rating: 6/10
    Thoughts: I didn't watch Amazing Spider-Man 2. I have it queued up in a tab on Disney+ and....I didn't watch it, despite the "tradition" I've established. It's less than ten years old so I remember a lot of it. And more importantly, I didn't want to watch Gwen die. That's basically it. Fortunately, it doesn't really matter for this game. Because this game has almost nothing to do with ASM2. I played this before, basically on the strength of the last game, and was pretty disappointed then. When i played Spider-Man 3 it reminded me of this in that both games seem to have been made without any knowledge of the actual movie they were supposed to be adapting. But upon replaying this it takes the cake in that regard. Like Spider-Man 3 had a whole Black Suit arc and the ending fight kind of resembled the movie's. Here? It's basically unrecognizable. Gwen doesn't appear at all in the game. The main plot line revolves around Carnage, the Kingpin, and a gang war. Max Dillon does appear in an early part of the game, but then he disappears until the Electro stage, where you fight Electro and that's the end. Of the mission. Not the game. No then you have to fight the goblin.....and then you fight carnage. yeahhhhhh.

The plot opens up with Peter trying to hunt down the man who killed Uncle Ben. While doing so he stumbles across a gang war. The Shocker and his gang are trying to get more weapons, and Carradine, the man who killed Uncle Ben, is a weapons seller. Peter is trying to track him down and tamp down this gang war. He eventually finds Carradine, but due to having to save a hostage, they get seperated for a moment and Carradine gets narc'd off screen by "The Carnage Killer". Peter feels bad about this, and after talking to Aunt May, goes to try and stop Herman from stealing from Oscorp. He admits that the reason for the gang war is the Carnage killer hs everyone spooked. The escalating violence leads to Harry Osborn and the Kingpin to create a crime task force, After getting some tutelage in tracking from Kraven, you capture Cletus Kassidy, unravel the Kingpin's scheme, confront him, and then Electro is a thing. And then Goblin is a thing, adn then Cletus gets his powers and you have to beat him, and then Stan Lee tells you that Uncle Ben was great and stop focusing on his death. And that's the end. Yeah.Oh, in the middle Felicia gets super powers and acts like she loves you and refuses the Kingpin's orders to kill you, even though AFAIK the only time you interacted was when yuou captured her in the first game. It's kind of weird.

the gameplay is largely the same as the last one. Batman combat, a few new abilities, crimes around the city to solve for some XP, but you'll get plenty of that. No instead they try to brow beat you into doing them by implementing a half-baked Morality system. Menace or Hero? If you're a menace the task force will attack you, if you're a hero you'll get bonus stats. There's no reason not to be a hero, but maintaining hero status means you have to clear random crimes, as each one you miss will decrease your meter. The numbers are balanced in your favor, so it's not that annoying, but it just doesn't add much. Peter is also working for Jonah in this game and in each mission he gives you objectives of things to take pictures of. But...yeah, it doesn't add much. You also have some choices when talking to people? to get more information, but it doesn't change anything, and it's not like what the enemies say is that interesting. It's just kind of there.

On the one hand, if you ignore this is supposed to be a movie tie in, it's...ok? Like it's a major disappointment compared to the previous game. That one was like the next step of a movie tie in. Not just an ok told story but a Sequel! The gmaeplay was fine. It worked. This also works, but the mess that the movie was in clearly prevented Beenox from doing anything interesting and so they just kinda made their own thing. And the thing they made is fine. But it's not special or has an identity of its own. They picked a cadre of villains and threw them in and just made their own thing. And so as a Spidey fan is it worth your time? I dunno. Kinda? From a gameplay perspective this is kind of just another Spider-Man game. If you liked the past ones this is fun enough. but it's very uninspired. I just don't have a lot to say because this is just a generic Spider-Man video game story with the smae gameplay as the previous one. I wouldn't avoid it, but It' snot special.

Beenox deserved better, I must say. They were working under bad rushed conditions every time and every time they made smart decisions. Time too short? Make a story focused game. Movie tie in game? Make it a sequel. Movie stuck in production hell so you have no idea how your tie in will tie in? Throw in Shocker/Kraven/Kingpin and make a generic Spider-Man game. Obviously, the Insomniac game blows them out of the water, but Insomniac had TIME and MONEY, and Beenox had none of that. With smart people in charge, I would have really liked to have seen them get to do a game of their own, or at least a license with a real budget and time like Insomniac got. Instead they kinda got worse as they went along (though I do appreciate Edge of Time the most of the four). It's a real shame. But that's the grind mill of working for Activision.

Next Up: Spider-Man (2018)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    His dad who drugged him to try to keep him with Alchemax and thus set the stage for him becoming Spider-Man and all the trauma that followed in the first place . . . yeah, that was f***ed up.
    Right I mean it was high drama and it made sense but I hated it so much. Like they took Miguel's biggest villain, turns out he's actually Miguel's dad (his mom had an affair with him? I can't remember the details), and then have him get with Miguel's fiance, who only broke up with him because of Spdier-Man Shenanigans, which were caused by Miguel's dad in the first place. Like I can't say it was OOC or anything but my god PAD do you have to be so mean to Miguel?! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Right I mean it was high drama and it made sense but I hated it so much. Like they took Miguel's biggest villain, turns out he's actually Miguel's dad (his mom had an affair with him? I can't remember the details), and then have him get with Miguel's fiance, who only broke up with him because of Spdier-Man Shenanigans, which were caused by Miguel's dad in the first place. Like I can't say it was OOC or anything but my god PAD do you have to be so mean to Miguel?! Lol.
    Right there with you, and yeah, fair assessments of the ASM games, I'd say.

The first ASM game actually kind of won me over with it's expansion of the plot of the movie, use of Connors, use of Smythe/The Spider-Slayers, and adapting certain Rogues as Cross-Species.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The first ASM game actually kind of won me over with it's expansion of the plot of the movie, use of Connors, use of Smythe/The Spider-Slayers, and adapting certain Rogues as Cross-Species.
    That's pretty cool.

My thoughts on the PSP games

Web of Shadows: I enjoyed the gameplay for what it is. The dialogue as well as the possible choices were entertaining as well.

Spider-Man 2: Not an open world like its PS2 counterpart but it has its charm.

Spider-Man 3: This game actually has an open world which blew my mind since I didn't expect them to be able to pull it off. However, the city feels a bit barren to me, which is probably due to hardware limitations as well as due to it being a movie game. IMO, despite the open world, this game does not have the charm the aforementioned Web of Shadows and the Spider-Man 2 games have. I think it just feels unfinished to me. I'd still put it on the same level as the previous games as the open world feature is its saving grace.

Friend or Foe: Decent game but this one left the weakest impression on me out of all the PSP Spider-Man games. It could be because the game was in German or something (it was a pirated copy).
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 11-09-2023 at 03:00 AM.