Extraordinary Member

Default 10 Best Teen Titans Glow-Ups

I wasn't familiar with the term 'Glow-Up' but CBR describes it as "The Teen Titans have long served as a proving ground for DC's sidekicks and young heroes before they eventually graduate to full heroics."

https://www.cbr.com/10-best-teen-titans-glow-ups/

10. Tempest
    09. Cassie Sandsmark
    08. Red Hood
    07. Bart Allen
    06. Raven
    05. Conner Kent
    04. Donna Troy
    03. Cyborg
    02. Nightwing
    01. Wally West

Honestly I don’t think Tempest, Cassie, Bart, and Conner have been treated very well at all by DC in general, and esp. in terms of “graduating”.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Honestly I don’t think Tempest, Cassie, Bart, and Conner have been treated very well at all by DC in general, and esp. in terms of “graduating”.
    Agree

I would've had Lilith on the list. She started out with mediocre powers at best but is a lot stronger now as Omen.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I don't think anyone benefitted from being in the Titans more than Dick Grayson, even though he was already very high-profile as Robin, he really came into his own as Nightwing on New Teen Titans.

Conversely, I believe Wally West owes his enduring popularity more to his solo book and Barry's death than to being in the Titans... although that didn't hurt either, obviously.

In terms of literal glow-ups, Cassie Sandsmark had quite the evolution compared to her WW and YJ beginnings so she's definitely a winner.

Finally, Donna Troy didn't seemingly exist as a character separate from Diana before Teen Titans, so I'd say she should take the award here LOL

Conner kent = on pause...physically,mentally,and till man of tomorrow powerwise
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I don't think anyone benefitted from being in the Titans more than Dick Grayson, even though he was already very high-profile as Robin, he really came into his own as Nightwing on New Teen Titans.

Conversely, I believe Wally West owes his enduring popularity more to his solo book and Barry's death than to being in the Titans... although that didn't hurt either, obviously.

In terms of literal glow-ups, Cassie Sandsmark had quite the evolution compared to her WW and YJ beginnings so she's definitely a winner.

Finally, Donna Troy didn't seemingly exist as a character separate from Diana before Teen Titans, so I'd say she should take the award here LOL
    That would be Deathstroke he is the breakout Teen Titans character whereas NIghtwing roots from Batman has help him from ever leaving the spotlight. Deathstroke has been absolutely everywhere, fights the trinity Live action, video games, movies, animated.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    That would be Deathstroke he is the breakout Teen Titans character whereas NIghtwing roots from Batman has help him from ever leaving the spotlight. Deathstroke has been absolutely everywhere, fights the trinity Live action, video games, movies, animated.
    Oh Deathstroke is an absolute juggernaut, it's amazing how popular he has become. But the article is about "glow-ups", which implies having existed prior to the Titans and having benefitted from the exposure, which isn't the case for Slade who debuted in NTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

No, she didn't. Until 1965 when Teen Titans was created, Wonder Girl, like Wonder Tot, was just a time travelling younger Diana. The first TT writer used her by mistake (thinking she was Diana's sidekick, like the other founding Titans), accidentally creating a new character, who was eventually named Donna Troy. There was, in fact, no such thing as a female sidekick in silver age DC (though the golden age probably had a few). The closest thing was Supergirl, who'd already struck out on her own.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Bart should be higher since he actually became the Flash for a while.

Why is Raven here?

Why is ***ing Jason Todd here?

Beast Boy should be here since he started off as minor character in Doom Patrol then he somehow made it into New TT cuz he was in the Silver Age book for a couple issues.

Arsenal/Red Arrow should be here too.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I wasn't familiar with the term 'Glow-Up' but CBR describes it as "The Teen Titans have long served as a proving ground for DC's sidekicks and young heroes before they eventually graduate to full heroics."

https://www.cbr.com/10-best-teen-titans-glow-ups/

10. Tempest
    09. Cassie Sandsmark
    08. Red Hood
    07. Bart Allen
    06. Raven
    05. Conner Kent
    04. Donna Troy
    03. Cyborg
    02. Nightwing
    01. Wally West
    I would have added Argent and Risk to the list because of their once popular support appearing in a number of future stories issues/arcs. But then the dawn of the DiDidiocy was upon us and that was that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I would have added Argent and Risk to the list because of their once popular support appearing in a number of future stories issues/arcs. But then the dawn of the DiDidiocy was upon us and that was that.
    The person who wrote this Proably doesn’t know who they are