Default Hogwarts vs Helm's Deep

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is transplanted across the field from Helm's Deep via an Alien Space Bat. This translates to the school having their whole grounds basically, while Helm's Deep is across from them for the whole length of field. Both of them have the goal of eliminating the other side basically but can play it smart/stay behind fortress walls as they like to achieve that goal.

Helm's Deep side will not be affected by the general misdirection spell I think the school has.

1) Helm's Deep has the reinforcements from Gandalf arriving etc
    2) Helm's Deep has the 10,000 Uruk-Hai now on their side to help them.
    3) Helm's Deep has the Uruk-Hai and Ents to help them. Hogwarts has their whole population of magical creatures as shown in the work and also Voldemort+Death Eaters.

Numbers vs versatility, which side takes it?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is transplanted across the field from Helm's Deep via an Alien Space Bat. This translates to the school having their whole grounds basically, while Helm's Deep is across from them for the whole length of field. Both of them have the goal of eliminating the other side basically but can play it smart/stay behind fortress walls as they like to achieve that goal.

Helm's Deep side will not be affected by the general misdirection spell I think the school has.

1) Helm's Deep has the reinforcements from Gandalf arriving etc
    2) Helm's Deep has the 10,000 Uruk-Hai now on their side to help them.
    3) Helm's Deep has the Uruk-Hai and Ents to help them. Hogwarts has their whole population of magical creatures as shown in the work and also Voldemort+Death Eaters.

Numbers vs versatility, which side takes it?
    I'm going to paraphrase a (very) old thread and note there is absolutely nothing stopping a powerful mage from teleporting into Helm's Deep and 'Fiendfyre, bitches!' We even know that at least one of the students in that ridiculous place can cast the spell.

At which point that's pretty much all she wrote.

*considers hating Post for making me give props to Potter-stuff*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm going to paraphrase a (very) old thread and note there is absolutely nothing stopping a powerful mage from teleporting into Helm's Deep and 'Fiendfyre, bitches!' We even know that at least one of the students in that ridiculous place can cast the spell.

At which point that's pretty much all she wrote.

*considers hating Post for making me give props to Potter-stuff*
    That's true. I was hoping the numbers would make a difference/people would get tired in a stretch though
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Sometimes numbers do make the difference! ^_^

Other times, one side can teleport and cast spells of ever-growing, semi-sentient fire that hunts down everything around it and burns that stuff to ashes when the real heavy-hitters on the other side are walking trees.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

On one side, you have a medieval style army. On the other, you have a bunch of magic users whose world kept getting bull**** powers and retcons after every book/movie. Close range, obviously the magic users get overwhelmed by numbers and skilled weapons users. But of course, its closing that gap and having to deal with the magic users randomly popping up in the middle of their ranks. Yeah, there is a chance said user does get trampled and/or killed some other way, but probably not before they get off at least one spell. Though the fact they have to speak the spell, may give the LOTR side the chance they need to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    On one side, you have a medieval style army. On the other, you have a bunch of magic users whose world kept getting bull**** powers and retcons after every book/movie. Close range, obviously the magic users get overwhelmed by numbers and skilled weapons users. But of course, its closing that gap and having to deal with the magic users randomly popping up in the middle of their ranks. Yeah, there is a chance said user does get trampled and/or killed some other way, but probably not before they get off at least one spell. Though the fact they have to speak the spell, may give the LOTR side the chance they need to stop them.
    Given the scenario, I don't see the LotR people having any chance at all. Which depresses me.

*starting bell rings*

*Harry Potter Wizard teleports to some visible area of Helm's Deep where there isn't a person standing RIGHT THERE*

*Harry Potter Wizard points wand, says 'Fiendfyre'*

Seriously, this isn't a situation where the Wizard needs to teleport into the middle of the enemy. The wizard can teleport closer to where the army is and simply loose Fiendfyre, that's game. Or can point at the gates of Helm's Deep and loose Fiendfyre, that's also game. I'm sure there are other spells that will do the trick, but Fiendfyre is really all they need, and we know at least one STUDENT in Hogwarts knows Fiendfyre, and can dump it on the enemy fortress at a distance, well-before the LotR army actually takes the field.
    Why are we here?