Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Great issue. Xavier and Doug made me sad but for the right reasons and I found myself rooting for Exodus when he was going to delete Selene and even more so when he broke down as he realized Krakoa wasn’t working. Gillen and Warnek just killed it.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Itchpfork View Post
    Two interesting retcons:

1.) Xavier's confession that he had come into ideological alignment with Magneto and Apocalypse to a far lesser degree than his every appearance since Hox/Pox lead us to believe. His speech to Doug doesn't comport with a whole lot of what he's said and done in the last couple of years, and is another instance of a writer watering down the stuff that made the Krakoa experiment so disturbing, exciting, and refreshing. But for once I'm more relieved than disappointed.

2.) A recent issue of Duggan's X-Men had Jean saying that Krakoa's magic biotech drugs are sold at a loss; here we have Emma implying that's definitely not the case. Duggan retcons to make Krakoa more cuddly and palatable; Gillen retcons the retcon. I approve.
    I think Emma was just feeding Jean shady numbers, so that bleeding heart liberal Jean dont annoy Emma and QC's operational business.
    Last edited by emfrst; 07-12-2023 at 08:35 PM.

Gillen not addressing Miss Sinister at since he returned has been a glaring hole in his writing since he returned. I cant believe she has been completely ignored unless I missed something. Even a quick scene like (we saw with Dark Beast) or a data page would have sufficed. It just doesnt make sense how we have all these Sinisters and in important roles and she has been ignored

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Gillen not addressing Miss Sinister at since he returned has been a glaring hole in his writing since he returned. I cant believe she has been completely ignored unless I missed something. Even a quick scene like (we saw with Dark Beast) or a data page would have sufficed. It just doesnt make sense how we have all these Sinisters and in important roles and she has been ignored
    There’s like a million Sinister clones knocking about in bar Sinister - that’s the real elephant in the lab. So what if one of them is a woman?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Yeah idk what that whole Krakoa going broke thing matters while on Krakoa. Maybe for mutants outside business that's a problem but the only thing Krakoa needed was to feed on mutants psychic life span or something like that.

Also I'm glad that Xavier acknowledged that he is alone in the idea of mutants being human.
    More than him, Race Essentialism is a rare enough belief in real life I don’t think the majority of Krakoan citizens would possess it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    More than him, Race Essentialism is a rare enough belief in real life I don’t think the majority of Krakoan citizens would possess it.
    If I recall it was super-popular online when Alex Summers didn’t feel defined by being a mutant and just wanted to be a human being lol

He was an Alex essentialist though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Itchpfork View Post
    Two interesting retcons:

1.) Xavier's confession that he had come into ideological alignment with Magneto and Apocalypse to a far lesser degree than his every appearance since Hox/Pox lead us to believe. His speech to Doug doesn't comport with a whole lot of what he's said and done in the last couple of years, and is another instance of a writer watering down the stuff that made the Krakoa experiment so disturbing, exciting, and refreshing. But for once I'm more relieved than disappointed.

2.) A recent issue of Duggan's X-Men had Jean saying that Krakoa's magic biotech drugs are sold at a loss; here we have Emma implying that's definitely not the case. Duggan retcons to make Krakoa more cuddly and palatable; Gillen retcons the retcon. I approve.
    What... What?!? Sold at a loss? Wait... Were we expected to ignore, or better, accept that Krakoa does have to eat too and he/she(?) doesn't fish... So, basically, how many lockups in the stomach of Krakoa does it take does it to produce and if necessary refine Antibody Petals?

Are these "Made just for Humans", Electrophoresis drugs really marketed and shipped globally at a price? Oh, wait... The use of global/dimensional gate technology is free. Another thing, isn't the preferred coin of the Krakoan Age Mysterium? Is there really a cost to mine Mysterium or are slave-wage, baseline humans, being used to do all of the mining?

"However, mysterium is not only used as a form of money. In Marauders Volume 2, Kate Pryde found a puzzle box made of mysterium that contained clues to a secret regarding the first mutants and the Shi'ar Empire. But it’s not just the X-Men using the metal. In the series, Spider-Man 2099: Exodus (by Steve Orlando, Dave Wachter, Carlos Lopez and VC's Clayton Cowles), fans see this metal pop up in both issue one and issue two."
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-13-2023 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Pic(s) and Link(s) added.

This issue was incredible. Doug's readings. Emma's scoldings. The Selene, Exodus, Storm clashings. Perfection through and through.
    The emotional build up of examining this council, its achievements and failures, the VULNERABILITY necessary to finally admit a change is necessary and then to actually take actionable steps only to inevitably have all that promise and hope DASHED by "whatever" is to transpire and traumatize at the Hellfire Gala is magnificent and terrible.

I love it to bits.
    Itty bitty bits.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Can I just say, I live for Emma's reading of Charles, her foot is on his neck and she will not lift it!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I do wonder why Krakoa is now hiding Cypher (and also where). Seems he wants to protect Doug, but for what?

Must say I like the idea of another counsel. Do you guys think the new council will be elected from now on? Probably right after The Fall?
    I hope this means Doug will be instrumental in the REVIVAL of Krakoa (after the Fall)

Hopefully Krakoa's next swipe is Bei, and they can keep each other company during the Fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I hope this means Doug will be instrumental in the REVIVAL of Krakoa (after the Fall)

Hopefully Krakoa's next swipe is Bei, and they can keep each other company during the Fall.
    If Krakoa doesn't grab her hopefully someone tells her. Things are going to hit the fan and the poor woman won't know what's happened to her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    So Krakoa isn't evil, but the Council is making it evil?
    Lol, the same Krakoa that almost killed the O5 team, then killed half of the 2nd Xmen team, and then almost killed the third xteam? Lol

Acting like Krakoa is some wise sage island. Same way they act like Apocalypse is some gentle giant, peaceful mage, most hopeful mutant smh.

BANNED

This was perhaps the best issue of Xavier i have read over the last decade. Much better than how Ewing wrote him. Side note: Doug regrets letting Moira go realizing that it was a mistake.
    Last edited by Vishop; 07-13-2023 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I hope the next stage of Krakoa is better guided and minded and transform like Wakanda or Latveria is a part important of the Marvel Universe

This not End with the Fall. Because after the fall comes the rise.
    Period.

This needs to happen lol. Krakoa needs their behinds whipped so they can stand up stronger.