Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Did they? What’s she writing next?
    She writes Cyclops vs Captain Marvel in the Covent of chaos event.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Did they? What’s she writing next?
    She told that is going to Krakoa a few months ago. Probably one of relaunch books for January 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    She told that is going to Krakoa a few months ago. Probably one of relaunch books for January 2024.
    That was Stephanie Williams, is a different writer, but they have the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    She writes Cyclops vs Captain Marvel in the Covent of chaos event.
    That event seems to be all about contrived and forced conflict so she’ll be right in her wheelhouse.

- bad joke deleted -

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    So freaking tired of Destiny. God she sucks.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by Criticalfan; 07-13-2023 at 06:49 AM. Reason: joke was not funny

Mighty Member

I managed to get around to finishing it. I was going through some irl stuff and just had no motivation to finish the comic. I decided I wanted to see how it ended. My first reaction after finishing was I want to be positive and see the silver linings. I will be the first to admit I’m shocked that the highest silver lining for me is how Carlos drew Gambit shirtless. I am always impressed at Carlos’s great understanding of superhero body proportions. A lot of artists struggle to draw interesting superhero proportions. I’m still a fan of the old large hands X-men era cause it was unique. I think Carlos is now on the Mount Rushmore of Gambit artists in my eyes up there with Jim Lee and Clay Mann.

As for the story I did actually enjoy the kitchen scene. It maybe missed a lot because I feel it was both rushing and draggin on at the same time from everything that happened.

I’m genuinely surprised we got almost no action in the entire comic run. What’s also interesting is we didn’t really get tons of dialogue either. The whole comic was just treading water and I’m not sure why they put this book out. I just don’t think this is a comic book series to be honest. Maybe it’s a YA graphic novel or something.

Overall I can’t say I will revist this comic for the story. Maybe to see the artwork in the future

We need to contact Marvel and demand Carlos Gomez’s talent be used for a Gambit run with more substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I managed to get around to finishing it. I was going through some irl stuff and just had no motivation to finish the comic. I decided I wanted to see how it ended. My first reaction after finishing was I want to be positive and see the silver linings. I will be the first to admit I’m shocked that the highest silver lining for me is how Carlos drew Gambit shirtless. I am always impressed at Carlos’s great understanding of superhero body proportions. A lot of artists struggle to draw interesting superhero proportions. I’m still a fan of the old large hands X-men era cause it was unique. I think Carlos is now on the Mount Rushmore of Gambit artists in my eyes up there with Jim Lee and Clay Mann.

As for the story I did actually enjoy the kitchen scene. It maybe missed a lot because I feel it was both rushing and draggin on at the same time from everything that happened.

I’m genuinely surprised we got almost no action in the entire comic run. What’s also interesting is we didn’t really get tons of dialogue either. The whole comic was just treading water and I’m not sure why they put this book out. I just don’t think this is a comic book series to be honest. Maybe it’s a YA graphic novel or something.

Overall I can’t say I will revist this comic for the story. Maybe to see the artwork in the future

We need to contact Marvel and demand Carlos Gomez’s talent be used for a Gambit run with more substance.
    Yeah there are some good things scattered through this mini. Some by accident and others intended. I will probably do a reread some day and hopefully I will be able to focus on those things then.

Hope things have sorted itself out for you irl and we get some fun Gambit comics in the future to enjoy more then this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yeah there are some good things scattered through this mini. Some by accident and others intended. I will probably do a reread some day and hopefully I will be able to focus on those things then.

Hope things have sorted itself out for you irl and we get some fun Gambit comics in the future to enjoy more then this.
    Hey things have calmed down a bit which is good. Not totally out of everything yet but I’m more optimistic than I was before.

Hoping there’s some clever stuff in Dark X-men or some different content coming soon. I wonder if Chris is gonna get another series. His mini series sold decently

I would love to see a version of the previous Gala outfit drawn by him or by Pepe Larraz.

We deserve it for these 5 months of whatever they have tried here.

And i thought TH portrayal of Rogue and Gambit was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Strangely enough, I thought TH was pretty good at writing Gambit and Rogue together, she had a lot of my favorite moments since the start of HOX/POX. It’s just when Gambit was on his own she really didn’t do him any kind of justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post

I couldn't make it past issue 3. I didn't even open 4 when it came in the mail and doubt i will open 5. The art was nice but just not enough for me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    It was bad. But Phillips broke a new lows.