Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

So much crap that further changes and confuses what happened. Rachel was 9 when Xavier was killed in his wheelchair in the X-Mansion. She was even younger when Jean died in the explosion. The fact that Guggenheim chose to ignore 140.5 means he's choosing to do the most collateral damage to these characters while saying, "but here's what REALLY happened"...
    WHY DOES HE GET WORK?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So much crap that further changes and confuses what happened. Rachel was 9 when Xavier was killed in his wheelchair in the X-Mansion. She was even younger when Jean died in the explosion. The fact that Guggenheim chose to ignore 140.5 means he's choosing to do the most collateral damage to these characters while saying, "but here's what REALLY happened"...
    WHY DOES HE GET WORK?
    Considering 140.5 near as I can tell can only be found in the obscure Marvel Made Paragon Claremont bundle, can't seem to be found digitally, and many people including myself haven't read it, I'm not surprised they're ignoring it. You seem to have read it. What are the contradictions?

Incredible Member

WHY DOES HE GET WORK?
    Honestly, the best way to view this is just that it's an Earth-811 that got erased by time travel shenanigans. Somewhere in between Rachel and Franklin's time travel, this happened and now it's gone. Remember, Excalibur retconned Days of Future Past being 33 years in the future to I think just 20? So, this can be seen as non-canon, especially since the timeline presented here would make Rachel older than Cyclops and Jean though when she came, she was younger. I think the only real solace from this is that Marvel Comics is still treating Rachel and Franklin's relationship as special.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    Considering 140.5 near as I can tell can only be found in the obscure Marvel Made Paragon Claremont bundle, can't seem to be found digitally, and many people including myself haven't read it, I'm not surprised they're ignoring it. You seem to have read it. What are the contradictions?
    Sneak Peek: Uncanny X-Men #140.5 Advanced Preview (2020)

WHY DOES HE GET WORK?
    Maybe JDW was running out of reluctant writers to force his waifu on, so he had to settle for hiring a fellow cheerleader, and aside from Claremont, he’s maybe the only vocal Kitty fanboy who hasn’t been MeToo’d?

(But, seriously… probably has more to do with him being a white dude. Look at who keeps getting handed book after book in that office; it’s never been just about talent lol.)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I must be missing something because I don't see anything in this preview that contradicts Doomsday 1

In and of itself I enjoyed the issue. But I don’t get the point. Is this supposed to replace stories we’ve read already? The timing is weird too. We’re about to embark on Fall of X which appears to be a potentially dystopian storyline which will be comprised of quite a few one shots and mini series. I thought this slotted in as part of Fall of X at first but obviously not.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    the worst buy i did this weekend.

The weird thing is a bad book but also dont? is like the bad kind of good.
    You must have skipped ASM

BANNED

I must be missing something because I don't see anything in this preview that contradicts Doomsday 1
    Was there a claim of contradiction made?

Thought this was okay but a bit morbid. Really put the X-Men through the meat grinder.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Was there a claim of contradiction made?
    Askani's Flame literally says so on the first post of this page of the thread

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Askani's Flame literally says so on the first post of this page of the thread
    I didn't say that. I said that Guggenheim chose to ignore 140.5 when writing this mini, which is true. He has said so in interviews. The contradictions are on all the previously established facts surrounding timing and Rachel's age. Rachel was a toddler when Jean was killed. Xavier being murdered next to Rachel and they having to pry her away from his body when she was 10. It's not hard to keep those as facts, and others, and still tell your story without making it convoluted and messy.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I thought this was an OK first issue. I love a good X-Men dystopia although for me the cool thing about having a mini acting a prequel to Days of Future Past is to make it actually fit with what has been established about Days of Future Past. If you just go off a tangent and contradict established continuity, just make it a generic What If limited series instead.

Canon on this reality is made up of what, 20/30 comics (to be generous) counting the various flashbacks and references and related material? Hardly a hard task to read through everything and come up with a story that's actually in continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    You must have skipped ASM
    why?

Peter sells his butt to Mephisto to get MaryJane back?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    why?

Peter sells his butt to Mephisto to get MaryJane back?
    Nah. They’ve move on from that. This was just another chapter in an overly serious story arc post whatever they’re calling that mess of a storyline that killed Kamala.