Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Two Weeks Left: The 2023 Hellfire Gala Pre-Release Thread

What I’ve heard about the upcoming Hellfire Gala issue—A LOT!—is insane. The twists, turns, surprises, and levels of carnage will have people discoursing for months, if not years or decades. Y’all have no idea how much I want to spill and spoil, but I won’t. To distract myself, I thought it’d be a good idea to create this pre-release thread to chat about everyone’s hopes and expectations for this issue, both what will happen and how it will reverberate through the line for the foreseeable future. I mean, the issue is only two weeks away, after all.

So, throw out your craziest guesses and wildest desires for are favorite heroes and villains—I bet they won’t come near to matching what’s about to hit us all like an atom bomb—and let’s make these two weeks fly!

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

just mo PIS 4 X-men, plot armor 4 Orchis, ooc interactions, major changes that r teased 2 come but will turn out 2 b nothing burger.

but we HAVE 2 have this event ofc, can't go 4 a month or so w/o sales-boosting events. Meanwhile, manga develop things naturally, w/o dizzying event but still sells like hotcake

I thought Krakoa was going to get flipped into Amenth, and while that’s not necessarily where the Genesis War plotline seems to be pointing, I still think Krakoa is getting punted into space or something. Manifold being a vital domino in Orchis’ plans suggests this. Reckon this era will all be stranded sets of mutants trying to make the best of what they can with their safety net suddenly taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    What I’ve heard about the upcoming Hellfire Gala issue—A LOT!—is insane. The twists, turns, surprises, and levels of carnage will have people discoursing for months, if not years or decades. Y’all have no idea how much I want to spill and spoil, but I won’t. To distract myself, I thought it’d be a good idea to create this pre-release thread to chat about everyone’s hopes and expectations for this issue, both what will happen and how it will reverberate through the line for the foreseeable future. I mean, the issue is only two weeks away, after all.

So, throw out your craziest guesses and wildest desires for are favorite heroes and villains—I bet they won’t come near to matching what’s about to hit us all like an atom bomb—and let’s make these two weeks fly!

To be fair people do that when Jean switches costume too.

After lounging on his metal butt for a couple years, I'm ready for Nimrod to wipe out some Omegas and Council members.

Well, here are my guesses:

Orchis manages to take control of the gates and somehow reverse it, so that the mutants can't get out of/into Krakoa (with the help of the traitor).

Krakoa somehow goes into hibernation/winter mode because it is a deciduous tree?

The mutants who manage to escape don't know what the fate of the others is.

And lastly I'm going to go with Captain Krakoa is Joseph and Orchis' plan is to undermine everyone's morale by using a Magneto clone.

What will Hellion be wearing?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I Hate Orchis Nimrod Robo Moira for their guts.

Hope when the Fall ends. The Rise hurts them but too much.

This thread brought to you by Not-So-Humble-Bragging Dot Org.

Triggering emotions on the platform of "I know something you don't know"
    Last edited by Fokken; 07-13-2023 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This thread brought to you by Not-So-Humble-Bragging Dot Org.

Triggering emotions on the platform of "I know something you don't know"
    Yeah that is a bad move.

My predictions:

They take over the gates... and they also use the nanobots they hit Illyana with as part of the attack. Her powers will run amok. Since we're talking about Orchis's PR game, they are going to frame Krakoa not only for the attack in the US, but also for killing the Avengers... who may not wind up so dead.

Talon's the traitor... and she's going to take out Synch and the Five.

Destiny is going to use Manifold to save as many people as possible. A bunch are going to be stuck with Sabretooth.

Kamala Khan will actually have a HUGE part to play, but I can't guess. There's gotta be some reason.

All this... and I'm most worried about Baby (should be Lil' Kid) Shogo!

Hm, maybe we've been overthinking it, my dear flatscan pals?

What if Orchis attacks, and it's a full evac of Krakoa. Everyone scatters. But because Krakoa needs mutant energy to thrive, with everyone gone it sort of goes into a hungry coma, which renders the gates inert?

The the next stage could be mounting a siege of Orchis-occupied Krakoa. Call it "Normandy of X"

I hope they fix Moira so Proteus gets his mama back.

She should adopt a resurrected Piecemeal (Proteus II)
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Orchis attacks on several fronts. There are mutant casualties. Mutant heroes are scattered and sent into hiding. The world/humanity hates mutants even more (if that's even possible). Orchis "wins"...for now.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

So do you use this thread to laugh publicly when a theory is wrong, or do you just smile contentedly thinking to yourself “won’t they be surprised?”
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver