Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Coen Brothers-esque Superior Foes of Spider-Man heist comedy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    We were talking about this in another thread. It's a pretty simple concept, if you were Sony's equivalent of Kevin Feige, what Spider-Man films and spin-offs would you pitch? These were the ones I knew I would pitch if it were me.

The Wedding/Kraven's Last Hunt animated movie
    Mayday Parker: Spider-Girl spin off
    Spider-Man 2099 spin off
    Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider spin off
    SP//DR spin off
    I want an Osborn family drama show

Morbuis 2 but it's now a campy vampire film and Nic Cage is in it. Lower budget horror films of the more obscure villains

JJJ biopic
    Last edited by clonegeek; 07-13-2023 at 05:31 PM.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    I want an Osborn family drama show

Morbuis 2 but it's now a campy vampire film and Nic Cage is in it. Lower budget horror films of the more obscure villains
    Tune in for an all new Keeping Up with The Osborns right after TMZ.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Araña movie.

Halfway through, Miles as that universe's Spider-Man appears. So does Mayday. And then Maguire's Spider-Man appears. Turns out this movie is set in the Raimiverse. Peter is retired and Miles took the role of Spider-Man, while Spider-Girl is also starting.

This universe's timine was somewhat altered after the evntes of No Way Home, more superheroes, more villains, clone saga already happendd, and Kaine and Ultimate Jessica Drew also ran around in this universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Araña movie.

Halfway through, Miles as that universe's Spider-Man appears. So does Mayday. And then Maguire's Spider-Man appears. Turns out this movie is set in the Raimiverse. Peter is retired and Miles took the role of Spider-Man, while Spider-Girl is also starting.

This universe's timine was somewhat altered after the evntes of No Way Home, more superheroes, more villains, clone saga already happendd, and Kaine and Ultimate Jessica Drew also ran around in this universe.
    I know that Anya is going to be in Madame Web

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    I don't think it would be smart to hard reboot the Holland MCU films at this point in time. The DCEU can do this because they've had a string of several mediocre to poorly received films. But the Holland films have been generally well-received and NWH was a high note for that iteration. There's too much good will and interest right now to tank it.
    I think it also depends on what happens to the MCU. If Superman Legacy is a huge success, but the MCU continues to be seen as "meh" all the way up to Secret Wars, I think there's a chance Marvel will soft-reboot the MCU in the 2030's. And if that happens, you can introduce the new Spider-Man at the same time as you introduce the new Tony and Steve, the new X-Men, etc.

But you're probably right that it's not as easy as it was with the DCEU.

Instead, I would try to soft reboot the Holland films moving forward (NWH already sort of allows for this.) I'd keep the principal cast of Holland and Zendaya. Peter would be in college and Aunt May would be deceased. Zendaya would play a full-fledged Mary Jane Watson instead of Michelle Jones Watson. (I wouldn't even bother explaining the change. Just ignore it.) And I'd re-introduce familiar faces like the Bugle cast, Harry, Gwen, etc. I would also save Miles Morales for the MCU, and find a way to integrate that character similar to the Insomniac games. I think it's feasible for a Miles to lead the next generation of MCU Spider-Man films. If Holland ever decides to leave, this would save them from doing another hard reboot.

In terms of non-MCU stuff, I like the idea of venturing into more animated films. Either direct adaptations of comics, a continuation of Spectactular, or more Spider-Verse spin-offs (I'd love one with the Parker family.)

I'd also do a series of live action films based on MC2 Spider-girl (either as a direct continuation of the Raimiverse or as its own thing) and Spider-man 2099. These two seem like the most obvious and marketable choices for alternate Spider characters (aside from Miles.) With Spider-girl you can market to the nostalgia for the Raimi movies as well as the movie being a quasi-continuation of NWH and having a female led spider-variant. With 2099, there's the novelty of having Spidey in a futuristic environment.
    I love these!

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    I know that Anya is going to be in Madame Web
    OOH! have MC2 Anya show up to smack 616 Anya around.... and probably bring Tarantula along for the ride. The Anya/Tarantula story went places..... one of them Tarantula's bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think it also depends on what happens to the MCU. If Superman Legacy is a huge success, but the MCU continues to be seen as "meh" all the way up to Secret Wars, I think there's a chance Marvel will soft-reboot the MCU in the 2030's. And if that happens, you can introduce the new Spider-Man at the same time as you introduce the new Tony and Steve, the new X-Men, etc.

But you're probably right that it's not as easy as it was with the DCEU.

I love these!
    Sony could always pull out of their deal with Marvel, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Replace Juggernaut with Rhino and I think the adaption could still work.

In addition to the few that were mentioned, I'd also like to see a Slingers team movie.
    Slingers is a rare Spider-Man adjacent franchise that can be used to launch separate movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    I don't think it would be smart to hard reboot the Holland MCU films at this point in time. The DCEU can do this because they've had a string of several mediocre to poorly received films. But the Holland films have been generally well-received and NWH was a high note for that iteration. There's too much good will and interest right now to tank it.

Instead, I would try to soft reboot the Holland films moving forward (NWH already sort of allows for this.) I'd keep the principal cast of Holland and Zendaya. Peter would be in college and Aunt May would be deceased. Zendaya would play a full-fledged Mary Jane Watson instead of Michelle Jones Watson. (I wouldn't even bother explaining the change. Just ignore it.) And I'd re-introduce familiar faces like the Bugle cast, Harry, Gwen, etc. I would also save Miles Morales for the MCU, and find a way to integrate that character similar to the Insomniac games. I think it's feasible for a Miles to lead the next generation of MCU Spider-Man films. If Holland ever decides to leave, this would save them from doing another hard reboot.

In terms of non-MCU stuff, I like the idea of venturing into more animated films. Either direct adaptations of comics, a continuation of Spectactular, or more Spider-Verse spin-offs (I'd love one with the Parker family.)

I'd also do a series of live action films based on MC2 Spider-girl (either as a direct continuation of the Raimiverse or as its own thing) and Spider-man 2099. These two seem like the most obvious and marketable choices for alternate Spider characters (aside from Miles.) With Spider-girl you can market to the nostalgia for the Raimi movies as well as the movie being a quasi-continuation of NWH and having a female led spider-variant. With 2099, there's the novelty of having Spidey in a futuristic environment.

I also agree that they should figure out a way to slow the pace in which they have to put out new content so they can focus on quality over quantity.
    I definitely agree that it's too soon for another reboot, especially because the last movie was really good, really popular and ended on a cliffhanger.

I don't think a slower pace is necessary. From Sony's perspective, they want Spider-Man movies to come out more often. Franchises like Batman and James Bond leave money on the table with 4-5 year waits between installments. It's also a tougher fit for Spidey, given that we probably want Tom Holland to be able to plausibly play a college student.

I like the idea of Spider-Girl in the Raimi-verse.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    And then make a deal to bring Spider-Man to DC films

R-rated Spider-man Noir movie.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Honestly, they need quality. Sony have forgone quality for quantity since Spider-Man 3 and their middling returns have been a result of that.

So, while I think their latest desperate plan to get to Sinister Six is dumb as hell, it absolutely could work as an anthology series set in a vague Spider-Man universe where each hero/villain explores a different aspect of comics/movie lore and culture.

Venom and Morbius were the same kind of film in the same kind of world and Kraven looks no different.

If I were the "Kevin Feige" of Sony's Spider-Man franchise I'd make:

Venom and Carnage in a The Thing style horror, one good one evil. Actually, screw it, I'd make the sequel like Evil Dead as a bat-shit insane comedy horror.

Morbius would be The Lost Boys by way of Twilight.

Kraven would literally be The Lion King.

Spider-Man 2099 would be Blade Runner with super powers and lasers.

Ghost Spider as an teenage coming of age teen drama.

Ben Reilly and Kaine in a Memento-esque what is reality/who am I psychodrama thriller.

Superior Foes version of the "Sinister Six" as an R-rated British-style heist drama-comedy that gets progressively dark as it goes and everyone inevitably turns on each other in brutal ways.

Heck, El Muerto as a sports drama because with wrestling you can have tons of backstage drama juxtaposed against more campy, colourful, over the top in front of crowd. Especially if set in South America where the wrestling scene is notoriously makes the wild west look tame.

I'd have already greenlit 2-3 Spider-Verse spin-offs, Gwen, Peter B and maybe Noir. Probably the Pig, too, for the kids.

There's SO MUCH that can be done with a movie, let alone a comic book movie that already has so much variety baked in, but Sony are just adamant that they can only be done one way, despite the fact that the way they're doing it isn't working.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I expect it will be some time before a relaunch, but I do have an idea for how to make it unique.

I would want a college trilogy with films coming out every other year. By all accounts, they were starting work on this during the writers strike. The earlier these films could come out would be 2025, 2027 and 2029 (2026, 2028 and 2030 would be likelier.)

I suspect we'll see a live-action Miles introduced soon in the MCU. I would film as soon as possible at that point since the actor is supposed to be plausible as a high school student, and there might be some films with primarily Miles and some films with both Peter and Miles. This could take us to 2036. At that point, Tom Holland would be 40.

So in about 15 years, it would make sense to have a full reboot. This will likely depend on what's going on in the rest of the MCU. When it's time for another take on the origin one way to make it different is to focus more on Peter Parker before Uncle Ben's death, kinda like how Ultimate Spider-Man didn't have Spider-Man face the burglar until the 5th issue. An early film script attributed to Stan Lee (adapted by Peter David in the short story collection The Ultimate Spider-Man) had a similar approach.

So in the previous films, the origin was the first act and then Spider-Man became a superhero and spent the rest of the film fighting a supervillain in Peter Parker's social sphere. In this one, Spider-Man's decision to be a superhero would come much later in the film and it would explore his time as a celebrity.

As for the villain, Dr Octopus makes sense, especially if connected to the origin. A goblin could work, to set up the larger mystery for later films. Kid they could try to consider someone who hasn't been in films although that group is getting smaller.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 07-14-2023 at 01:21 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Incredible Member

I would pitch a Hobie Brown, Hornet movie. Have it set up where he the movie starts off as he’s a scientist, working on experimental tech. He goes out on his first hurrah as the Prowler, saving a few lives, stopping some crime.

Meanwhile, Aaron Davis is “working” undercover as a Janitor or whatever, and he steals the Prowler suit for the people he actually works for. Hobie feeling guilty of the damage that Aaron causes, used an unfinished Hornet prototype armors to not only fight Aaron but also whatever criminal organization Aaron works for. I’d use other Spidy villains such as the Beetle as extra villians to give Hobie a run for his money.

This could be a way to introduce a younger live action Miles too.

This can be squeezed in somewhere where we see Aaron in Across the Spiderverse.
    Last edited by Blanks; 07-14-2023 at 08:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    For now it seems like it would be PR hell, lol.