Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And Deborah Risman was a very tan blonde.

I think Deborah is intended to be not white, her skin is very dark. (Non white people can have blonde hair.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    There is humor to be found in "Takes on SECRET mission for the X-Men" wearing an outfit that visually AFFILIATES her with the X-Men, whereas her previous outfit did not. haha. Seeeeeeeecret.
    The mission is a secret, not her affiliation with the X-Men. See: every version of X-Force that went on secret missions wearing X outfits.

Bruno hanging out at the X Mansion will be great!

I hate to break it to everyone. But when a famous person who has never written a comic and a co-writer are promoted as the writers of a new series, the famous person has very little actual involvement. Remember the Drax comic from CM Punk and Cullen Bunn. Not knocking Vellaini. She seems like a lovely person. But that's likely what's going on.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It’s Marvel’s way of finally acknowledging that the Inhumans push was a terrible idea and a failure. The final nail in the coffin.
    W-well we still have Moongirl! I think . . . Been a while since I read anything with her in it. I don't even think the cartoon mentioned her being inhuman.

Still think Kamala should have stayed an Inhuman. And I'm not really an inhuman fan. I think it was . . . perfectly fine the way it was.
    Ah well. Would be nice if whatever books Kamala ends up in now could give some of the underused characters around her age something to do.

And it's real cool the woman playing her in live action gets write her in the books. Good for her!
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    W-well we still have Moongirl! I think . . . Been a while since I read anything with her in it. I don't even think the cartoon mentioned her being inhuman.

Still think Kamala should have stayed an Inhuman. And I'm not really an inhuman fan. I think it was . . . perfectly fine the way it was.
    Ah well. Would be nice if whatever books Kamala ends up in now could give some of the underused characters around her age something to do.

And it's real cool the woman playing her in live action gets write her in the books. Good for her!
    I think Moongirl is explicitly a normal human in the cartoon, if I'm not mistaken.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I hate to break it to everyone. But when a famous person who has never written a comic and a co-writer are promoted as the writers of a new series, the famous person has very little actual involvement. Remember the Drax comic from CM Punk and Cullen Bunn. Not knocking Vellaini. She seems like a lovely person. But that's likely what's going on.
    duh, I mean it's all marketing

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Honestly that's probably for the best. Sabir Pirzada can do the bulk of the writing and Iman can contribute with fleshing out character moments and dialogue. No reason to throw Velanni into the deep end on her first comic.

Quote Originally Posted by dang0 View Post
    Honestly that's probably for the best. Sabir Pirzada can do the bulk of the writing and Iman can contribute with fleshing out character moments and dialogue. No reason to throw Velanni into the deep end on her first comic.
    Agreed. Might be like how Nyla Rose helped write Thunderbird a little while back.

Would like to see Kamala cross paths with Monet. Or just more Monet in general. She's awesome.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Good for Iman. She really loving the dream of every fan who wanted to write a story about their favorite character. I know actors are on strike so it may not happen soon, but looking forward to the interview where she tells how all this came to be.

We all knew this was coming and I’m honestly glad Marvel didn’t even try to pretend like it was gonna be a long term thing. I’m not mad at the premise either. Sounds interesting enough that I’ll follow along and probably read it once it’s on Marvel Unlimited.

She'll be able to promote a comic book. But not TV shows or movies.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    As big fan of both the X-Men and Ms. Marvel, I love everything about this.

Seriously, Iman Vellani having a chance to tell the story of the same character she's playing? Has that ever happened in the history of Marvel or any superhero comic? If so, I hope it sets a new precedent. She's clearly a fan at heart, just like Kamala herself. I can think of no one better to tell this next part of her story.
    Dreamer's comics have all been written by Nicole Maines, who played her on Supergirl. The current Steelworks book is written by Michael Dorn. He's best known for being Worf in Star Trek The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine, but was also Steel's voice actor in cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Curious to see how they do the inhuman and X-man thing, since that was always a no go. Not too happy about the Xs on the costume. I was hoping that she would do her own thing despite coming back as a mutant. Also feels like we'll bet getting references to IvX, which I hoped they had quietly retconned.
    Kamala was, to be fair, a neutral party in IVX (as was Moon Girl).

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    So Marvel forced a whole M-pox story where the Terrigen Cloud causes M-pox to Mutants. She still seems to have her same powers, good that is an important factor for her IRL creation, but those powers take matter from her alternate selves. So will she be suffering from this every day, or will they be making her a hybrid so she won't suffer this. It is mentioned
    "I want to make it very, very clear that we are not reconning her Inhuman origin. That's a part of Kamala's identity that Marvel editorial and myself would very much like to keep and protect," so this looks to be the case.
    Hybrid for sure. Like Luna Maximoff, the daughter of Quicksilver and Crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    This costume design is a mess.
    I count 3 different X insignias peppered throughout. The classic X on the belt. the shoulders have the Krakoan >< and then the hands have the X gloves that were work by the time displaced O5. If Kamala had been written as an X-Men fangirl rather than a Captain Marvel, the overkill could be chalked up to her over-enthusiasm but as it stands...Jumbo Carnation Take the Wheel!
    Look closely. While it's a classic X on the variant cover revealed, the concept art shows it's supposed to be another Krakoan X.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Nah, but she might become a meal ticket. Think about it: she befriends fellow teen/young adult mutants (Hellion, Dust, Wind Dancer) and adds them to her supporting cast. Academy X can piggyback off of her by getting into whatever books she's in. Say her mission involves Inhumans, then Hellion (who has a history with Inhumans) would be a perfect partner for the job.
    Dust is already Kamala's friend - she joined the Champions in the second half of Zub's run. Sooraya had avoided being sucked into Age of X-Man and Scott, thinking most of the X-Men were dead and then leading a team which was basically on a suicide mission, felt she'd be safer with his other team, so he asked Kamala to invite her to join them.

Quote Originally Posted by Psi-Lord View Post
    I think Moongirl is explicitly a normal human in the cartoon, if I'm not mistaken.
    Yeah, her Inhuman power is simply that she switches minds with Devil Dinosaur on a full moon. That means she's operating without any powers usually anyway.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-14-2023 at 01:30 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kamala was, to be fair, a neutral party in IVX (as was Moon Girl).
    Its less her involvement (IIRC she was on the team that convinced Medusa how bad gassing people is) and more so the mention about the Inhumans and mutants having a bad past causing IvX to come back up.

Yeah, Kamala, Lunella, Forge, Teen Cyclops, Mosaic (who possessed Scott), were all in that group, if I remember right.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

i think this is a good idea and tbh it was probably inevitable. Also probably means she'll have a big role in future xmen movies, which is good cuz not optimistic about the marvels box office chances, especially given all the flops we've been getting this year.

Looking forward to this! Let’s get her on the main X-men team! We haven’t had a “kid” on the team since Kitty and then Jubilee… didn’t they try that with Pixie too?