Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Um yes she is. Laura's mother was Asian, part of her DNA was used to create Laura (as well as Logan's DNA) that makes Laura part Asian and thus biracial. The initial thought was that it was only enough to finish her genetic makeup and changed her gender and kept her from being a 1 to 1 clone of Logan, till more was added to it later.

The creator of her first ongoing, Marjorie Liu‏ even said she created her as such with that intention in mind. Iron-man also confirmed that Sarah was Laura's biological mother and not just a surrogate.

The first created version of her was a PoC either way however, as she was in Logan as well.

But anyway, back on topic, I hope people actually support this comic. If they show as much love to her comic series as they did when she was offed a month ago, then the comic should sell well enough that it won't be canceled this time around.
    Sarah has NEVER been identified as Asian. Not ONCE in any comic. And she WAS NOT CREATED BY LIU. Sarah was created by Kyle and Yost themselves.

And Laura herself was NEVER identified as a POC in Evolution.

So it's official...Marvel hates Inhumans.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    This is my take on it. Sana and GWillow intended for her to be a mutant from jump. This is a correction of one of the lasting effects of "The CompleX".
    Before nuhumans, characters popped out as human mutates, like Jessica Jones, or mutants. I think they saw mutate origins as passé and old school and just went with mutants. People make it out like there were 3 options at the time, and that wasn't the case. They approched her about it after and told her of the new project they were doing with inhumans.

To be honest, if she knew Disney was pushing the Avengers because Fox had decades of X-Men stories and thousands of characters (they were gonna do a Kitty Pryde solo movie for crying out loud), it made sense and worked out so well they even made a show in 7 years and included her in The Marvels. No one can say that she would've been better off as a mutant. Like many say here, they only focus on legacy mutants and put POC mutants in limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Sarah has NEVER been identified as Asian. Not ONCE in any comic. And she WAS NOT CREATED BY LIU. Sarah was created by Kyle and Yost themselves.

And Laura herself was NEVER identified as a POC in Evolution.
    Dunno why the heck you're so mad that Laura is a biracial character.

"Never identified as a PoC in Evolution"

Right... clearly...

No idea why some people feel the need to try to fight like no tomorrow to say a character isn't a PoC. Gotta wonder why it upsets them so much...

Anyway back to Kamala!!

BANNED

Right... clearly...

No idea why some people feel the need to try to fight like no tomorrow to say a character isn't a PoC. Gotta wonder why it upsets them so much...

Anyway back to Kamala!!

It’s about FACTS and what’s actually presented in the source material. Not making $&@% up.

And I’ll thank you not to pull that sort of strawman BS accusation.

And I’ll thank you not to pull that sort of strawman BS accusation.
    I'm not the one that looks at an obvious darker skinned PoC Laura and tries to find a way to still be in denial with a proverbial "Nuh uh!". Perhaps if your first instinct wasn't to act so defensive at the blatant evidence that someone is a PoC there'd be a different reaction. Done now ^_^

This is my take on it. Sana and GWillow intended for her to be a mutant from jump. This is a correction of one of the lasting effects of "The CompleX".
    If I remember correctly, she was originally thought to be a Mutant, and then that was changed to Inhuman.

From the looks of things, it sounds like that second part may have been more a business decision at the time more so than an actual decision they wanted to make.

But it gave us Lockjaw and Kamala, so they never have to apologize :3

Last edited by Majesty; 07-19-2023 at 04:30 PM.

Right... clearly...

Anyway back to Kamala!!

the laura that was presented in Evolution and the Laura we have in the mainline comics are two seperate characters, one can be inferred as a POC and the other one is white through and through until someone decides to retcon or change it
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Right... clearly...

Anyway back to Kamala!!
    If you really want to see a couple of people on here riled up, mention that one black guy character from Duggan's X-Men in relation to X-23

I'm not the one that looks at an obvious darker skinned PoC Laura and tries to find a way to still be in denial with a proverbial "Nuh uh!". Perhaps if your first instinct wasn't to act so defensive at the blatant evidence that someone is a PoC there'd be a different reaction. Done now ^_^

If I remember correctly, she was originally thought to be a Mutant, and then that was changed to Inhuman.

From the looks of things, it sounds like that second part may have been more a business decision at the time more so than an actual decision they wanted to make.

But it gave us Lockjaw and Kamala, so they never have to apologize :3
    The creators intended mutant. A really aggro exec said no because he didn't want to promote X-Men branding.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 07-19-2023 at 04:41 PM.

If you really want to see a couple of people on here riled up, mention that one black guy character from Duggan's X-Men in relation to X-23

The creators intended mutant. A really aggro exec said no because he didn't want to promote X-Men branding.
    lol XD

Also, then that means they get to go and do what they wanted to from the get go now. So that's good for them ^_^

BANNED

Um yes she is. Laura's mother was Asian, part of her DNA was used to create Laura (as well as Logan's DNA) that makes Laura part Asian and thus biracial. The initial thought was that it was only enough to finish her genetic makeup and changed her gender and kept her from being a 1 to 1 clone of Logan, till more was added to it later.

The creator of her first ongoing, Marjorie Liu‏ even said she created her as such with that intention in mind. Iron-man also confirmed that Sarah was Laura's biological mother and not just a surrogate.

The first created version of her was a PoC either way however, as she was in Logan as well.

But anyway, back on topic, I hope people actually support this comic. If they show as much love to her comic series as they did when she was offed a month ago, then the comic should sell well enough that it won't be canceled this time around.
    How the hell did you ever get the impression that Sarah Kinney was Asian? Please be so kind as to cite and or post pics of your source material that supports your notion...

Last edited by Micabe; 07-19-2023 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Pic(s) and Link(s) added.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    How the hell did you ever get the impression that Sarah Kinney was Asian? Please be so kind as to cite and or post pics of your source material that supports your notion...

Careful, if you object to their insistence that Sarah is Asian it says more about YOU than it does the fantasy land they live in.

BANNED

Careful, if you object to their insistence that Sarah is Asian it says more about YOU than it does the fantasy land they live in.
    I offered on-panel visuals as a talking point and queried where it was stated (title and issue please) that Leslie and or Ronald Kinney were ethnically Asian nothing more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I offered on-panel visuals as a talking point and queried where it was stated (title and issue please) that Leslie and or Ronald Kinney were ethnically Asian nothing more.
    There's also visuals in Evolution if you don't take screenshots of X-23 out of context with other characters. IE Moonstar and Magma:

That's a pretty significant difference. To me X looks like a girl with a heavy tan whose features are more masculine, and nothing that can ONLY be POC.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 07-19-2023 at 06:47 PM.

There's also visuals in Evolution if you don't take screenshots of X-23 out of context with other characters. IE Moonstar and Magma:

That's a pretty significant difference. To me X looks like a girl with a heavy tan whose features are more masculine, and nothing that can ONLY be POC.
    Well, She's LESS dark, but still not white.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, She's LESS dark, but still not white.
    I see white chicks with that sort of tan at my rec center literally every time I go in there.