Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It any case it feels forced and they're just counting on the people who buy anything, and focusing on their goal of normalizing the marketing properly for the MCU.

This just begs the question of how little the X-office thinks a newer mutant can be successful. Like, the narrative before was that they couldn't make any new mutants, despite having made Tempus, Gold Balls, Honey Badger, and more at that time. The X-office should've pushed a new mutant character. Instead they kill off a bunch to have Ms. Marvel grow as a character after her death and get rid of the planned X-Men team that was mutilated in order for Ms. Marvel to be on the team.
    It does feel forced. Much as I love Kamala and mutants, it's still a bit strange to see her there for "this" particular reason. Now all adaptions going forward will possibly want to account for her. If this happened much sooner they might have had someone insisting she appear in the X-Men 97 cartoon. When the X-men make it into the MCU, she will be someone they have to consider with each movie.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

So which feels more forced Kamala as an X-Men or when Wolverine was added to the Avengers?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    So which feels more forced Kamala as an X-Men or when Wolverine was added to the Avengers?
    Kamala as an X-man. Wolverine as an Avenger didnt really feel forced IMO bc of the circumstances behind him joining. He was literally joining a book called NEW Avengers and the point was to do something different and new and he wasnt the only one added that fit that. There wasnt any retcon or massive change to his core character to make that work. The same cant be said about Kamala

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I really have no idea. they seem to have gone all in on FOMO... but FOMO no one cares about?
    Fear
    Of
    Mutant
    Overload
    ?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Honestly, I'd make Toro a hybrid as well. When he was revealed as Inhuman, his powers altered and his flame became a different colour instead of being the same as Human Torch's. They could also say he has Torch powers from one side of his genetics and extended lifespan from the other half - explaining why the golden age sidekick is still in his prime 80 years later.

As for Squirrel Girl, they said she wasn't a mutant but never gave a new explanation for her powers. Maybe her mother falsified some documents, and lied to her? Could've done it to shield her from all the Mutie taunts.
    She’s obviously a KILLCROP lol

That’s WHY she’s so powerful she never loses 1 on 1 fights with anyone , not even Doom or Thanos KEK

IMG_5521.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kamala as an X-man. Wolverine as an Avenger didnt really feel forced IMO bc of the circumstances behind him joining. He was literally joining a book called NEW Avengers and the point was to do something different and new and he wasnt the only one added that fit that. There wasnt any retcon or massive change to his core character to make that work. The same cant be said about Kamala
    I don't like Bendis New Avengers. Nor do I ever liked Logan in his hands. But damn they outrightly forced Kamala all the way through. The idea of a character being both Inhuman and Mutant isnt actually bad and worth exploring but her character being pushed all the way up to ladder is no way worth exploring. I am betting she might get pushed more in this era. Maybe make here a messiah who saves mutantkind lmao

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Fear
    Of
    Mutant
    Overload
    ?
    Fear Of Missing Out.

but it's like.... you're just gonna change it anyways to make it even more new....

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Honestly, I'd make Toro a hybrid as well. When he was revealed as Inhuman, his powers altered and his flame became a different colour instead of being the same as Human Torch's. They could also say he has Torch powers from one side of his genetics and extended lifespan from the other half - explaining why the golden age sidekick is still in his prime 80 years later.

As for Squirrel Girl, they said she wasn't a mutant but never gave a new explanation for her powers. Maybe her mother falsified some documents, and lied to her? Could've done it to shield her from all the Mutie taunts.
    They gave a lot of potential explanations... it was an interesting summer.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!